1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying I Want To Hire An Adviser To Purchase An Existing Website

Discussion in 'Sites' started by fernandofgg, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Utopian Writing

Utopian Writing Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

I was a website dealer for two years on Flippa.com. I have sold over $30,000 worth of websites and I know all of the tricks to the trade! Many websites are sold for far more than they are worth, and unknowing buyers are scammed each and every day. I'd be happy to recommend some worthwhile websites to you, as well as share the necessary criteria for ensuring you are receiving the proper value for the price you are paying.

Utopian Writing, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  2. fernandofgg

fernandofgg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your contact, I will be in touch with you soon, thanks

fernandofgg, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  3. directorbman

directorbman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah I know very little about IM and never have had a website. BUT then I saw flippa and got excited about seeing websites that take 1-2 hours of work a day and are generating $1000/1500 a month in profit selling for $3000. WOW What a deal right? The site will pay for itself in less then 3 months and the seller has more then 10 positive feedbacks. What more could a buyer ask for?

WRONG,

I have gone to multiple sellers went through their previous sold listing, went to the site they previously sold, and contacted the new owners of these sites. I have yet to find someone who didn't have a some sort of complaint or another. Bad traffic stats, lie about earnings, other lies. But still they have positive feedback. Talk about scamming.

SO

I never have bought a website and prolly never will, how can you trust? Looks impossible to me.

Besides most websites are a snitch to build or pay a builder yourself.

It's all about traffic that converts to sales. Once one can establish this

THEN
    They have the holly grail.

So Does anyone have any ideas on how to get traffic that coverts to sales that is profitable?

I like the idea that on Flippa many of the sites are advertising $250 in advertising costs to bring in $1500 in sales, but maybe that is a lie too?

directorbman, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  4. sabato

sabato Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Just advice. If you don't know how to buy websites safely then don't buy one because in long run you will fail anyway. Buying a good site is one thing but you have to keep that site in that good position too. And to be honest, if you don't know how to buy, you will not know how to keep a site alive. Its just advice dude. Good luck

sabato, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  5. paw42uk

paw42uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 12
    Maybe you would be better spending a fraction of your money on making your own website built around a subject you enjoy, have an interest in or knowledge in.
    This is very cheap to do, and would give you all the knowledge you seek in a relatively short space of time.
    The vast majority of sites for sale are overinflated by people who value potential over true earning capabilities.
    I would be more than happy to give you advice where I can for no charge, just get in touch.
    Just so you know I run about ten sites I have built myself, mainly wordpress sites but including a forum as well.
    I have bought sites and domains in the past, and although I am not a professional I do know what to look for and how to value a site.
    Again as I said, I am happy to help and advise where I can at no cost.

paw42uk, Apr 23, 2013 IP