1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to go to AUSTRALIA from INDIA for a better career option

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by VinodKhakra, May 9, 2015.

Hi frdz,

Please help me to know AUSTRALIA better as I wish to go there for better career option.

I am M.Sc, B.Ed from DELHI, INDIA. I have 5 yrs experience of teaching in schools. I teach PHYSICS as I have very good command in this.

I don't see good career options here in INDIA as a teacher. Can anyone please tell me about the study syllabus in AUSTRALIA? AND

- Can a teacher from DELHI, INDIA get a teaching job there in AUSTRALIA?
    - What can be the salary? Just an idea?
    - What are the basic expenses there in AUSTRALIA? food, rent etc.

Please help.

VinodKhakra, May 9, 2015 IP
  2. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Problem is there are lots of Indians in Australia already- they don't need any more.
    99% of the Indians cannot talk or understand English and they look stupid and talk stupid with the Indian accent and everybody just laughs at them.

scurvy, May 9, 2015 IP
  3. VinodKhakra

VinodKhakra Member

Best Answers:
    No, You are wrong brother. Indians speaks good english which is easily understandable by ENGLISH PEOPLE. The peoples, who don't speak and understand english, cann't go there ofcrs.

Australians will always look for INDIAN as they can hire an INDIAN guy for too less money.

VinodKhakra, May 9, 2015 IP
  4. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Can I come with you?

usasportstraining, May 9, 2015 IP
  5. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I have seen a lot of professionals from India, who are contributing to the well bring of Australia. However, career in Australia is not easy as the jobless rates are quite high.

wisdomtool, May 10, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. DarkMatrix

DarkMatrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't you have another career option ? who told u you that teacher is the last option for you ? if teacher is not a good career in india it means every teacher must leave india ? this is why india is developing country not developed
    NRIs are leaving other countries to live in india...India is developing it means you have more scope thn developed countries
    just my 2 paisa

DarkMatrix, May 10, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. 0ccul7

0ccul7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have worked in immigration for several years. You need to skew down your target. Have to find a school/university that might want to hire you. Email them about job openings and if they agree, they will have to start work on your work permit. It is a lengthy process.

Once you have your work permit, you will have to take IELTS and go forward and work through the visa processing and all that.

0ccul7, May 10, 2015 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    On the other hand, why not to try Canada instead? Their immigration works on a point-based system. If you meet certain qualifications and there's a demand for your particular field you can immigrate there.

qwikad.com, May 10, 2015 IP
  9. 0ccul7

0ccul7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very true, but there are also other things needed that is hard to get. For example, they need some sort of sponsorship to see that the applicant has ties to their home land and will not stay in Canada illegally. Most of the time it is a big sum of money, something that everyone doesnt have. On the other hand, Canada does have a more relaxed permanent residency system.

0ccul7, May 10, 2015 IP
  10. kamakama

kamakama Active Member

Best Answers:
    if your career required go on
    AUSTRALIA country of rich people

kamakama, May 10, 2015 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Do what lots of other people do and go to NZ (points based) then once you have residency hop across to Australia who have to let you in.
    lol, did you even reread that after you typed it? It's that kind of writing that makes life hard for new immigrants. And the people who need to understand you aren't English, they're Australians.

Wrong, you will be paid the same as any other teacher in the school with the same qualifications.

Why don't you work through the Australian education websites and find out what the process is for getting a job and getting sponsorship.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
    sarahk, May 11, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Just reread this thread.
    It's this kind of ignorant remark that sees people take extraordinary risks to get to another country - boat people to Australia and more recently those tragedies in the Mediterranean with people trying to get to Europe.

There are poor people in Australia, plenty of them - and experiencing a type of isolating poverty that may appear more comfortable than India's but is incredibly lonely and leads to depression and worse. Farmers commit suicide at a frightening rate. There is racism that astounds NZers.

There are rich people too, but I suspect that the average "rich Australian" has far less than the average "rich Indian".

sarahk, May 12, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. tk-hassan

tk-hassan Member

Best Answers:
    I guess India has more school/colleges than Australia so you should get more opportunities in India but he problem for you perhaps that you would not get as much money in India as you may able to make in Australia.

tk-hassan, May 13, 2015 IP
  14. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Don't forget about the important thing: assimilation (understanding the local culture / traditions / language and applying it to your own life).

Trying to find a job in another country, so that you could immigrate there, is one thing. The REAL stress begins once you're there. There are plenty of unhappy / stressed out immigrants out there that cannot "find themselves" in their new home. Assimilation is a lengthy process requiring a lot of work. I've met immigrants, here in the US, who have been here for over 20 years and are the most unhappy people I've ever seen. All because they do not know how to assimilate.

qwikad.com, May 13, 2015 IP
    jrbiz and sarahk like this.
  15. endual

endual Active Member

Best Answers:
    Immigration to Australia is based on a points system, you can check it out here. There's also extra points for in demand occupations, which includes secondary school teachers.

Teacher pay is pretty standardised, with extra pay for rural areas, and gains with experience. Here's a quick overview.

You earn a lot more here, but it costs a lot more to live here. I work with a girl from India who does a senior tech support role. Her husband is an accountant. They are both on pretty good money but are finding it hard to buy a house in Sydney. The real estate prices are insane. All living expenses are higher than India, but real estate (including rent) is the real kicker!

You'd probably find more of a community in a big city, but working in the country you would earn more, and pay less for housing.

I can't help you with whether the qualifications are transferrable. Some qualifications require testing over here to validate, some require extra time at University, and some are fine. It depends on the University you studied at, and possibly state by state over here. You would be best to contact the relevant Department of Education and ask them.

Hope this helps, and good luck. We need more science teachers!

endual, May 13, 2015 IP
    jrbiz, sarahk and qwikad.com like this.
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    And they have cool field trips. My son is going on a physics field trip to Space Camp in Huntsville, then onto Orlando and back to LA for space type things but they just have to check out the g forces etc in the roller coasters at Universal Studios and Disneyland while they're there. Teachers get to go too.

Surely they could do some of that without leaving the country?

sarahk, May 13, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I used to do a lot of business in Huntsville (due to the Redstone Arsenal and other installations, it is nicknamed "Rocket City" and I used to be involved with an aerodynamic engineering software company.) Great town and be sure that your kids try the catfish there...they know how to prepare that meal! I know quite a few people that went to Space Camp (adults and kids) and it has been described as a once in a lifetime experience. Not sure what space things they are doing in Orlando (Lockheed Martin has a major installation there?) or LA (a lot of aerospace companies there, too) but they are absolutely great places to visit. I doubt that anyone on the trip will be disappointed and it will likely be a trip that they tell their grandchildren about.

jrbiz, May 14, 2015 IP
  18. Andy Lippis

Andy Lippis Member

Best Answers:
    If you come to Australia to be a teacher you will NOT be paid less its against the law. your best chance is to teach maths or physics in a high school. Pay can be pretty good but the cost of living is quite high. You would be best to try and get a teaching job in a rural area but kids in rural area are not exposed much to other cultures and from my experience when i was a student in a rural high school the other students had alot of trouble understanding the teachers from india and usually took the teacher as a joke and didn't listen to them.

Andy Lippis, May 17, 2015 IP
  19. dipal76

dipal76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Australia is good one country in world.
    Many Indian go to Australia for further study and for more earning.
    Best Luck to you....

dipal76, May 18, 2015 IP