1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to get on Google front Page

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Horlaarsco, Dec 19, 2015.

I have tried lots of SEO Tips for my blog Techgoon.com but still finding it difficult to rank on Google Front Page Please help me

Horlaarsco, Dec 19, 2015 IP
  2. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    What tips have you already tried? how long have you been doing this for?
    To rank on Googles page one, it takes a lot of time, effort, and hard work.

KatnissEverdeen, Dec 19, 2015 IP
  3. Horlaarsco

Horlaarsco Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not that long but i am having problem like following some i am con fused will be glad for any bhelp

Horlaarsco, Dec 19, 2015 IP
  4. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    What specifically have you tried? What are you confused about? If I had more info, I could help you out better.

Have you tried CPA or Affiliate Marketing?

KatnissEverdeen, Dec 19, 2015 IP
  5. bornic

bornic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lynda have good tutorial about SEO. try this

bornic, Dec 20, 2015 IP
  6. mornabo

mornabo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what are your keywords?

mornabo, Dec 20, 2015 IP
  7. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think WordPress solves a lot of problems bloggers might have. It is a incredible piece of software, makes your site easily crawlable by search engines, solves some 80-90% of mechanics of SEO. In this regard, the first step you need is to Create quality content. For gaining a good standing and good links, high quality, linkable and sharable content makes a difference. You have more material and content that search engines can find. It also helps get people to come and visit you more often.

Create content in regular English, in language that people in your target group speak. Use Google Keyword Planner to find the need for the different keywords. When you know in demand keywords that you want to target, include those keywords naturally when writing your articles. Remember, avoid shortcuts and scams. There are no easy ways and tricks to the top of search engines like some people will promise you.

mohsin qureshi, Dec 20, 2015 IP
  8. SCforum

SCforum Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too... but now that is harder than ever. :-/

SCforum, Dec 20, 2015 IP
  9. josechukkiri

josechukkiri Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are lot of videos on YouTube, those you can use for further learning of different aspects of making your site on the front page of Google.

josechukkiri, Dec 20, 2015 IP
  10. D3Tek

D3Tek Active Member

Best Answers:
    Getting your page to the front page of Google takes time and effort, keep writing good content. Watch some YouTube videos on the latest SEO techniques.

D3Tek, Dec 20, 2015 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  11. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This plus over 9000. Content, content, content, content, content.... Just like we make fun of Ballmer for with his "Developers, developers, developers, developers!" -- Even the crappiest design with the largest accessibility woes can succeed with content of value that people want to get at. It's often shocking what people will put up with if you have something GOOD. Field of dreams that badboy, if you build it...

In terms of SEO, that's job 1.

The only other thing is to be sure that you aren't doing things that could get you devalued -- sadly, a LOT of the "advice" from SEO experts has the opposite result, though many of them are so good at manufacturing card stacked results they start to believe their own manure.

Giving you site a quick once-over, It's kind of a cookie cutter turdpress website. The markup size and page-load time is out of skew with the sizes of your actual content -- With search engines now penalizing sites that have an excess load time that's something to address. Similarly you have to keep Matt Cutt's classic advice of "write for the user, not the search engine" in mind... and writing for the user means accessibility.

Your colour contrasts aren't too bad, I'd darken up the grey dates on the articles section as that's a bit light and hard to see, I would axe the goofy serif webfont as serifs on low resolution screen media are harder to read, and webfonts really should NOT be used on content text; you use them with an eyedropper for eye candy and not on your flow text. Roboto Slab and Open Sans rank pretty low on the legibility scale. Mind you, Google could give a flying *** about that, but visitors with accessibility needs may. The font sizes being declared in pixels on body is also a bit of a middle finger to users who may have different default sizes so they don't have to dive for the zoom. Having a clean legible site can actually impact your SEO just through traffic once you get people in the door and willing to share your content. That accessibility that doesn't impact search directly, DOES impact users which is where your organic backlinks are supposed to come from! Those backlinks being something search DOES pay attention to.

I would NOT repeat the contents of your description META in the site title. That could get you slapped down for keyword stuffing, and will look googy on your SERP. The way your page is written right now the SERP listing SHOULD go something like this:

TechGoon - Technology And Blogging Tips all in One
    http://www.techgoon.com
    Technology And Blogging Tips all in One

But it isn't -- do you know why? Google is seeing the duplicate content and ignoring your description META because of it... (it certainly isn't grabbing that from odp since you've got that META -- that's good!)

All those silly opengraph values that hold that exact same content? Waste of bandwidth and likely getting you slapped down too. (There's only TWO "og" worth a damn, og:image and the little girl from Magilla Gorilla). ADMITTEDLY they are going into your content and listing out the malformed markup with the run on sentence instead -- and that DOES contain useful data so...

I'd also suggest getting a keywords meta on there, remembering that it's supposed to be seven or eight single words or proper names that exist between <body> and </body> as plaintext/CData. You'll hear some people say that keywords is ignored now, that's mostly because the folks saying that never used it right and just blindly copied the rubbish everyone else was doing.

Of course the endless pointless external scripts, endless pointless static scripting in the markup, static CSS in the markup, endless pointless classes for nothing, absolute URI's for no reason, and all the other turdpress hallmarks are likely limiting your growth early on. Common enough a problem -- once you get enough content of value in there and the word out they'll start to forgive that and go "oh, that's just wordpress"... but at the beginning those failings can do a fairly harsh job of stunting the site's growth...

As it is I'm struggling with that on one of my own sites, the damned social plugin scripttardery so huge I need to rethink my ink which is why I'm rewriting my JS library from scratch with some hooks to talk to FB/G+ directly instead of the bloated "any idiot can install this" off the shelf answer. I'm not a big fan of off the shelf solutions.

On that same front, a lot of the plugins that are supposed to make WP better about that, just makes it worse. SEO Yoast is a perfect example of that, where if it actually provides any sort of real benefit then there's something disastrously wrong -- or it's simply a placebo akin to FLAC audio. But to be brutally frank (when am I ever anything but?) out of the box a stock wordpress install hits around 80% of my "what's wrong with YOUR website" article, and around 90% of the third party skins are useless ineptly developed crap that make the stock one look good.

But, back to SEO.

There's also the concept of "authority", others call it "trust" -- it just comes down to the fact that the longer a site has been around, the more likely it is search won't penalize you for minor flubs, or even outright broken ones. Some argue it's just the age, others say it's that there's just more content -- I think it's probably a little from column A, a little from column B.

... and despite the author having passed away and the post in question being 7 years old, you could do far worse than to read the post that's STILL a sticky in the business > SEO area.

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/all-you-need-to-know-about-seo.413544/

I don't agree 100% with what Dan said there, but we can't expect everyone to agree all the time and I voiced my concerns in that thread. There's a WEALTH of information from people who know (knew?) what they were talking about and at the most basic level, 99% of what's there still applies today.

You're on page two -- how long has the site been up? Ok, 2014... but looks like you gave it a shot in the arm last week of November? Keep adding at least one content item a day if you REALLY want to climb. Just one -- but make it have a bit more meat as text is the first class citizen of the web, and with your articles ranging around 500 words. I'd suggest doubling down on that as a minimum. You may have some people cry "AAAH, WALL OF TEXT" -- really if you're saying anything important the illiterate twitter generation cry-baby types probably aren't an audience to cater to given they have the attention span of a gnat.

* SIDE NOTE * Was gonna suggest doing something about all the big empty spots on the page; but then I realized I had adblock pro running... :p

deathshadow, Dec 20, 2015 IP
    D3Tek likes this.
  12. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    We all do. What niche do you have? What are the keywords you want to rank for? What analytic tools are you using?
    Communicate with us and maybe we can help you more.

HCFGrizzly, Dec 21, 2015 IP
  13. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you focus on content, content, content and content, you will get penalized at the end.
    What google want is quality sites with good content and user will like to see. That is tough and may differs from anyone perspective.
    They give this responsibility to the robots. Beware.

charlesgan, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I would totally disagree. You should focus on content, content and content.
    • Your content should be your own work
    • Your content should be written in a language in which you are fluent
    • Your content should display some level of personal investment
    This blog does look like it has some unique content - if only because the standard of the writing is really bad and it doesn't seem spun.

I'm confused about why the favicon is a V but that doesn't have SEO implications

If google's bots are able to understand "Technology And Blogging Tips all in One" then you're up for a penalty because there is only blogging tips.

Having default text in the widgets makes the blog look new - yet you claim to have been working on this for some time?!

upload_2015-12-23_10-25-42.png

Oh and I thought of you this morning when I watched this:

sarahk, Dec 22, 2015 IP
    HCFGrizzly likes this.
  15. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The "Who do you think you are?" part has it right... If you're not willing to put in the time for the hundreds or thousands of small targets, you'll NEVER hit the big one. It's like learning, you have to fall a few times before you can walk -- other times you've got to run before you can walk.

It also plays to the idea of scaleability -- it's like in processing. Increased bit width; 64 bits at 125mhz can move the same amount of data per second as 8 bits at 1ghz... or cooling fans, where a 180mm fan at 1K RPM moves the same amount of air as a 60mm fan at 3K RPM.

If you can't get things to flow fast, use a wider pipe to move more.

deathshadow, Dec 22, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  16. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarahk, good comment. Content is king, and content was king.
    Unfortunately, google can penalized site if there are similar content, or pages found with similar keywords in it. Which mean having content, content, and contents >>> is a dead ending. Unfortunately, there is "doorway" penalty and website that have multiple pages with similar use of keywords will get to this ending. Need to be very careful with this.

take a look at the live spam by google, and the penalty the site received, http://www.google.com/insidesearch/howsearchworks/fighting-spam.html
    CLick on the slider to view

scroll down and you will see the pure spam penalty. Ya, content hurts, and it can be treated at pure spam.

charlesgan, Dec 23, 2015 IP
  17. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    So, focus on content, content, content or don`t focus on "good content". I`m asking because in the first phrase you say "don`t focus" and in the next one you say content is important. Which one is it?

HCFGrizzly, Dec 23, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.