1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to CLOSE my paypal account, but I can't!?!?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by paymenow, Dec 30, 2011.

I have a problem. I want to close my paypal account so I can open a new one. My current one I signed up with is unverified and I was able to add a visa gift card on its file as my credit card. I opened this a few years ago when I wasn't serious about paypal and just wanted something to buy stuff with online. Furthermore, I have used my friend's address to ship stuff too.

I tried closing the account last night because I want to create a paypal for myself and set it up with my actual credit card and have it verified. But, I have a problem. When I click close account, paypal asks for the credit card number! I don't have that visa gift card anymore. I'm sure I threw it away over a year ago! What can I do to close my account if I can't verify the "credit card" number on my account?

Just wondering if this would also work. Would it be the same as closing my account as if I purposely got my paypal account locked? Or would that be worse? Basically I want to get rid of this paypal because I am not going to use it anymore at all and I don't want it open anymore.

Please help!

paymenow, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  2. tamiro1992

tamiro1992 Peon

Best Answers:
    call up paypal they got 24 hour support but paypal is known for being really tough with these kinds of things. my account i can NEVER close and they just dont give up or give you a break, kinda ridiculous.

tamiro1992, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  3. paymenow

paymenow Peon

Best Answers:
    I would call but I don't want to get into any trouble. I've been shipping to a friends address, and the account is in a random name I provided when I first signed up, I know, I wasn't thinking when I made the account. I didn't know I would need the card number to close the account.

Would there be any downside to leaving the account open and just not using it? I would prefer to have it closed though. Is the only way I can close it by calling? If so, I suppose I won't call

4. vididong.com

vididong.com Member

Best Answers:
    give them reasonable reason such as you move to a new house

vididong.com, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  5. paymenow

paymenow Peon

Best Answers:
    How would that solve the problem by saying I moved? The account is not in my name, AND has a different address and different phone number than what mine really are. What will happen if I just leave this open and never use it?

And is there any other way I can get it closed without calling paypal?

6. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If it's not in your name nor your address, then why would it be a problem opening a new one in your name?

jestep, Dec 30, 2011 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  7. paymenow

paymenow Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess there would be no problem. I'd just feel better knowing it's closed since I suppose I shouldn't have been making transactions under some random name and address. I guess I'll just leave it alone then.

I am in the US. Can I use a debit card to verify my new paypal account? If so do I just enter my debit card info under the "pay with my credit card" option?

8. paymenow

paymenow Peon

Best Answers:
    If I just emailed paypal and tell them I used a visa gift card to sign up and don't have it anymore, would they be willing to just close the account for me? Or would that get me into more trouble since they don't like people using visa gift cards? Is there ANY way I can close this account without contacting Paypal? Help

9. contentprovider7

contentprovider7 Peon

Best Answers:
    why you close paypal a/c..?

contentprovider7, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  10. vididong.com

vididong.com Member

Best Answers:
    In this case, go ahead opening new acc without any problem

vididong.com, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  11. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same suggestions as above, just be sure to use a different IP, they're pretty hot on closing dupe accounts from the same IP and you don't want to be instantly linked to an account with fake details.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Dec 30, 2011 IP