1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i want to change the css button colour on my template

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by kelexmb247, Oct 31, 2012.

Good day i came across some difficulties and challenging task i want to change the sub-menu button on my template for my client from blue default to white will be glad if i get some replies here am a newbie thanks for your usual support and the template name id from rocktheme rocket launcher , jomsocial

kelexmb247, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  2. schlogo

schlogo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You re new to Joomla and css and you already have clients. You are living dangerously :D Where s your template ?

schlogo, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  3. kelexmb247

kelexmb247 Peon

Best Answers:
    the template is tachyon template - rockettheme for social community

kelexmb247, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  4. schlogo

Best Answers:
    Hard to tell from the rt demo , the css is inline but the properties are those

#rt-top a, #rt-header a, #rt-navigation a, .menutop ul li > .item:hover, .menutop ul li.active > .item, .menutop ul li.f-menuparent-itemfocus > .item {

color: #63B8F9;

Perform a search in the css files of the templates and in the menu module files . Change the color code to #FFFFFF

schlogo, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  5. kelexmb247

kelexmb247 Peon

Best Answers:
    this is the modules variation i tried to figure it out but could not here are the following codes
    /* Module Variations */
    #rt-header-surround .box1 .rt-block, body #rt-header-surround .box1.nohover .rt-block:hover {background: #555;border: 1px solid #666;}
    .modulehover-1 #rt-header-surround .box1 .rt-block:hover {background: #666;border: 1px solid #777;}
    #rt-header-surround .box2 .rt-block, body #rt-header-surround .box2.nohover .rt-block:hover {background: #333;border: 1px solid #444;}
    .modulehover-1 #rt-header-surround .box2 .rt-block:hover {background: #444;border: 1px solid #555;}
    #rt-header-surround .box3 .rt-block, body #rt-header-surround .box3.nohover .rt-block:hover {background: #000;border: 1px solid #000;}
    .modulehover-1 #rt-header-surround .box3 .rt-block:hover {background: #202020;border: 1px solid #000;}
    #rt-header-surround .box6 .rt-block, body #rt-header-surround .box6.nohover .rt-block:hover {border-top: 1px solid #303030;border-bottom: 1px solid #444;border-left: 1px solid #303030;border-right: 1px solid #444;}
    .modulehover-1 #rt-header-surround .box6 .rt-block:hover {background: #303030;border-top: 1px solid #292929;border-left: 1px solid #292929;}
    #rt-header-surround .box7 .rt-block, body #rt-header-surround .box6.nohover .rt-block:hover {background: #363835 url(../images/header/dark/header-bg.png) 50% 105% repeat-x;border: 1px solid #222;}
    #rt-header-surround .box8 .rt-block {background: #252525 url(../images/footer/dark/footer-bg.png);border: 1px solid #444;}
    #rt-header-surround .box9 .rt-block {background: #fff;border: 1px solid #fff;}
    #rt-header-surround .title5 .module-title {background: url(../images/body/dark-div.png) 50% 100% repeat-x;}
    #rt-header-surround .module-content ul.menu li {background: url(../images/body/dark-div.png) 50% 100% repeat-x;}
    #rt-header-surround .module-content ul.menu li > a:hover, #rt-header-surround .module-content ul.menu li > .separator:hover, #rt-header-surround .module-content ul.menu li > .item:hover, #rt-header-surround .module-content ul.menu li.active > a, #rt-header-surround .module-content ul.menu li.active > .separator, #rt-header-surround .module-content ul.menu li.active > .item {background: #444;}

kelexmb247, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  6. schlogo

Best Answers:
    search for the color code #63B8F9 in the files

schlogo, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  7. kelexmb247

kelexmb247 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have done that but could not locate the colour code this is at header-dark.css

8. kelexmb247

kelexmb247 Peon

Best Answers:
    check the header-dark.css i want to change the sub menu botton from blue to white
    under the main menu of home you will see new splicemenu and the rest i want to change the color to white

9. schlogo

Best Answers:
    have you checked in the joomla admin if the color is not an option of the template ? Is it running on a framework ? Otherwise, perform the search site wide, it can be a colour specific css

schlogo, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  10. kelexmb247

kelexmb247 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes is runing on a frame work gantry frame work there is nothing in the joomla admin

11. schlogo

Best Answers:
    i would have to be in front of it to sort it out, it can't be that complicated, what s the url of your site?

schlogo, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  12. kelexmb247

kelexmb247 Peon

Best Answers:
    it still on the localhost not hosted it yet

13. schlogo

Best Answers:
    that s an inline css, i don't think it s in a template css file , got to be in the menu module file, in the menu js. Why don't you ask on rockettheme forum ? You ll get quick answer from someone who has hands on the template

schlogo, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  14. diziadvice

diziadvice Member

Best Answers:
    You can also download a menu module for your joomla website

diziadvice, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  15. aowanders

aowanders Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is the template I purchased

http://demo.joomladesigns.co.uk/demo12/index.php

Thinking all I would have to do is swap out the word extend for my sitename, and then go through and swap out the modules for the joombah jobs modules I want displayed.

Unfortunately that is not the case.

I am trying to use this template at www.myadvenutrejobs.com for joomla 1.5 with the joombah jobs & easyblog components.

The problem I am running into I am not a coder by any means to help you understand just how stupid I am it took me 3 days to figure out how to put the login/register up by the social networking buttons. It took me 7 days to figure out how to make my menu buttons go horizontal instead of vertical.

And now that I finally have them horizontal they are blue instead of white like the template demo. Can someone please help figure out how to make these buttons look like the template and not a hyperlink in an email. I know its going to be an uphill battle and probably take me days to figure out your instructions but please can you just point me in the right direction. PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU/SOMEONE/ANYONE

aowanders, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  16. aowanders

aowanders Active Member

Best Answers:
    If anyone has links that look like hyperlinks, I accidentally fixed this issue myself. I went into the module (mod_mainmenu) in module manager and on the right hand side clicked on parameters and changed the ordering from legacy horizontal to list and my buttons instantly changed to block white letters like they are now. You can see them at www. myadventurejobs. com in there current layout and form.

I am sure most that read this just shook there head and laughed at my stupidity, but hopefully this information I have just provided will help eliminate hours of frustration for the next non coder like me.

aowanders, Dec 11, 2012 IP