1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want a free merchant account

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by indian_seo, Mar 22, 2006.

I want a free merchant account service for my website. Please suggest.

indian_seo, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I want world peace, but I would say that we have about the same chance of getting them.

What you are asking for simply doesn't exist. Banking is an expensive (and profitable) business. Someone has to pay for that, and it is the seller who pays the ferryman

Old Welsh Guy, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  3. mihaidamianov

mihaidamianov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'll find plenty of free scams on the net, but for good business I'd recommend you get a 2checkout acct ($49)

mihaidamianov, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  4. LinkBliss

LinkBliss Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal rules! They now have Virtual Terminal for $20 / month which I find very convenient.

Eric

LinkBliss, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  5. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As far as free goes, I think the best you will find is free setup. You are going to have to pay to accept credit cards, and if you shop around enough 2.1% and $.25 / transaction is at the low end of the scale for internet businesses. If you are a new business expect this to be a bit higher.

Dont focus solely on price, as the quality of support is a huge factor in the value of a company. Just look at how much paypal is hated. A huge percentage of paypal complaints are directly from paypal's lack of support.

jestep, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  6. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    It depends on what cuntry you are in. if you are not in the United States and in India as your handle suggests, you will be hard pressed to find a processor that can support your business needs.

There are always going to be costs involved, otherwise how do you think a business stays in business? Most businesses need to make money to pay their employees, insurance, buy new equipment, etc.

Paypal can be good for some. They have a large base. Most of the compliants against Paypal are because people did not read their TOS or they signed up under 18 and thought they could get away with it.

I was just reading a story the other day - about 30 million pieces of baggage will be lost. However, only amounts to about 1% of all the luggage that is being flown. Why this? Paypal - like a lot processors - do a large number of transactions a year. In 2004, Chase did about 3.5 billion transactions. Unfortunately things go wrong from time to time, and as we being humans, tend to dwell on the negative and remember that one day when someone went wrong but forget the past 90 days of great service and no problems.

Corey Bryant, Mar 22, 2006 IP
    plmerlin likes this.
  7. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have used paypal for years, and NEVER had a problem with them.

Old Welsh Guy, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  8. cgchris99

cgchris99 Peon

Best Answers:
    What about paypals buyer protection program? We recently had a customer buy two items, completely destroy the packaging, through it all in a box and send it back, without an authorization number and no insurance.

Now because he purchased this protection with paypal, he will get a full refund even his shipping. I am stuck with used unsellable merchandise!

cgchris99, Mar 25, 2006 IP