1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I think this infraction was a mistake.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by idotcom, Feb 27, 2012.

I've been a member for a long time here. But recently it seems either section names are misleading for me or whoever is giving infraction, or there's some wrongful intention or plain error.

I posted a package for sale containing: a plugin, a theme framework, a domain, and a wp install in:

Buy, Sell or Trade: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

To me, it didn't fit in sites, domains, scripts, or any other sub category. So I posted in the parent buy sell and trade.

So I now got an infraction: Reason: Thread Started In Wrong Category

And it was moved to Content. What the heck?! That would be the last category I would choose. It's not content. Look at the content category and you see majority is Articles!

This is ridiculous IMO.

Please take a look at the post and tell me what's wrong here.... is Buy, Sell or Trade not where you'd put it?

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2414835

idotcom, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  2. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well to me it's a template design package and a content package so it would need to fit in to one of those categories rather than just within the BST section.. so yeah I would of moved it to a different sectiion

J.P, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  3. idotcom

idotcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thing is, its not template design or a content package. If anything, perhaps under Services or something... but not where it's surrounded by like 90% article content posts!

What should I do? It needs to be moved... it's not reaching the right people, thats for sure.

idotcom, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  4. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well you say it's not.. but wp-robot is all about auto adding content.. so thats about content and pagelines is about designing the site but just made easy. You are not selling a service you are selling scripts in order to make web design easy (template design) and to add content automatically (content).. perhaps a scripts sub folder within BST would of been the best option.

If you still insist that what I'm saying is wrong then you need to change your sales pitch as thats how I read it

J.P, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  5. idotcom

idotcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, all of that comes installed by me. Even scripts as you said would be much more accurate than content. So how do I go about getting that moved?

idotcom, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  6. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you could try reporting your own post.. up to the mods on whether it should/will be moved although I would guess they have been reading this anyway :)

J.P, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  7. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I guess I'm a little bit confused as to why you don't think this has to do with content? WP-Robot is a content plugin. I wasn't the one who gave you the infraction, but I can easily see why this thread should have been placed in the Content category at initial glance. I know you are offering a side service where you are installing everything and getting it going, but the nature of your thread and your main point is that you can provide content via auto blogging.

PHPGator, Feb 28, 2012 IP