1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I think I need better placement for my ads. Can I get some advice?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by billabong7329, Oct 2, 2007.

http://quotevoid.com

I've actually been getting fairly good traffic, for me at least, and I was kind of surprised at the low return of clicks received. I'm not the greatest at ad placements, but I'm not sure where else they could go, so any advice is welcome.

My highest visited pages are the photoshop tutorials (ex: http://www.quotevoid.com/tuts/eyetut.php ) on my site, so those are the ones I'm most concerned about. How do you think I could improve those pages?

billabong7329, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  2. plugandplay

plugandplay Peon

Best Answers:
    Placement may not be the sole problem. Try different styles of ads (text vs. images, et), different colors of Adsense and so on.

When I look at your page they don't stand out, ... appear as links. Also your header is so big it takes up the majority of the page and there are too many other things to get clicks, or people's interest, the search box at the top, the calendar, the headers. Just my opinion.

Often the best click through rates come from pages that don't have other options for the reader to click on, just good content and then the ads .

plugandplay, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  3. billabong7329

billabong7329 Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, good points. I guess a lot of that stuff is pretty useless. I think I'll go do some editing and simplify things a bit. Thanks.

Also, welcome to the boards!

4. Adulu

Adulu Peon

Best Answers:
    Adulu, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  5. billabong7329

billabong7329 Peon

Best Answers:
  6. billabong7329

billabong7329 Peon

Best Answers:
    bump, any other opinions?

billabong7329, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  7. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you would be better of adding a 468X60 banner at the top as it converts well for most of the advertisers!

Freewebspace, Oct 25, 2007 IP