1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Think I Need A Break From Writing

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by coreygeer, Jul 22, 2013.

1. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would be great if you can tell us where to get jobs that pay more than $2 per 100 words? It could help several of us here. (I have been wondering where the guys who charge $5,6,7 per 100 words get projects/clients)!!!

TPvinod, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No one is going to do that. Why would we subject our valuable clients to spammy talentless beggers, sending them countless e-mails? We not only value our clients privacy but respect it as well.
    My take on it is this: If a writer has any real talent, the clientele will go to him/her.

;) P.S. I'm not directing my comment at you personally, it is a generic comment.:)

Spoiltdiva, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  3. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Spoiltdiva, how do I find/apply to such companies? Can you give some ideas???

TPvinod, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  4. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I never asked you for any reference to clients. I just meant to ask for places (like freelancing sites) where such potential clients could be found.

TPvinod, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry no can do, but I do often refer DP clients (Clients who are not regular clients) to writers on here (DP) and get them extra work.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  6. The Entrepreneur Cure

The Entrepreneur Cure Active Member

Best Answers:

I completely understand where your coming from. But I know a few companies that pay $50 per 500 words. If you need help expanding or getting the clients you deserve just pm me. I'm not a spammer, a sideways marketer, I'm a writer. I have a list of a few medial companies looking for great writers and a web designer who would be willing to design a website for you.

$1 per 100 words wouldn't cut it for me, so I'd be happy to help you get the money you deserve.

The Entrepreneur Cure, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  7. Erlend55

Erlend55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice to hear that you are willing to help him :)

I am glad that I write in Norwegian, rates are so much higher than in English. Of course, you can be lucky and find someone that pays well on the English market. But in average everything here in Norway pays better.

For example if you work on a storage in USA, you earn between 8-12 dollar an hour. Here in Norway the salary is from 25-30 dollar an hour for the exact same job. The American dream? Hmm, no way!

Erlend55, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  8. lukeit

lukeit Active Member

Best Answers:
    5 usd per 100 words. a good article must have from 500 to 1000-2000 words. 1000 words = 50 usd. is not enough?

lukeit, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  9. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    "A good article must have"

No...

See, this is another misconception that some writers and clients have. Google doesn't care how long or short the article is but there's a number of other factors that go into what makes an article worth reading. A few well constructed 400 word articles are going to outperform 30 random garbage gibberish 1,000 word articles any day.

Some writers view and perception of writing has been distorted by this forum because of the horrendous and disgusting rates often displayed here. I assure you people, better and other options are out there.. you don't have to write for these ridiculous slave rates.

Starting today.. I am no longer accepting any DP clients or even going to attempt to find work on this site. All the clients remaining here who wish to continue trying to find rockstar writers for pennies, good luck to you all! All those writers who continue to stay here based on desperation for work; I feel for you, I really do.

There is better out there, I promise you that. See that guy above who believes all articles must be a certain length to be considered quality and that high paid writers are paid .01c or .02c per 100 words? Let people like that remain here and battle against those low paying clients who come and go.

coreygeer, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  10. lukeit

lukeit Active Member

Best Answers:

i don't care about google. I talk to read articles. by reader. What can I read in an article of 400 words? nothing. the article must contain information, but also content, entertainment. otherwise is called made for bsn, made for adsense. for the rest, for the money asked, I don't pronounce nh.

lukeit, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  11. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here here, CoriGear!

I know what you mean, oh how I know lol. I think you hit it on the head, there are too many cheapies out there.

But I've also heard that the people who make consistent money are either the cheapest or the most expensive. Being in the middle is the worst place to be.

I think the hope is, and I bet you feel this way too, is that eventually, all this cheap work we do will pay off.

it burns me too that people want you to make them rich while they squeeze you like an old raggedy sponge. I wish I knew the solution. Well, a workable one, anyway. The obvious solution is you spend a huge amount of money advertising. When I used to do that for my old multimedia biz, I would get good clients, because if you want a big fish, you use big bait. A guy who will spend 35K on a website application and video is going to call the guy in the phone book with the big ad, or at the top of the online YP list, or whatever.

Maybe we should get together and form a real writers guild where those entrepreneurs who really want results can come and hire quality.

But don't give up, thus far I've been very impressed by your posts on this forum.

SCookAAM, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  12. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This block of quoted text right here... this is what you're getting for $1 per 100 words.

I actually had to read through the first couple of sentences a couple of times to understand what you were trying to say.

coreygeer, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  13. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    A skilled writer can write an article that is informative and keeps the reader interested at 400 words or less. An article actually written for people first and not some SEO strategy, AdSense and the likes. Word count does not equal quality. It's the difference between an actual writer and someone who has the ability to string a few sentences together and calls themselves a writer.

TextServices, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  14. lukeit

lukeit Active Member

Best Answers:
    yep, sure. writing is more difficult. i'm not a writer (of course), i'm good with numbers only. i cannot to write nh up to 20 words.. but I like to read sometimes. i guess that if i find a web article with 400 words, i leave the page in 10 seconds.

lukeit, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  15. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    But to be honest, there are several hundreds of articles that are below 400 words and are very informative. Only if you need to learn a new concept/technology in detail or if you need to read a story, the word count matters and should be over 1000 words to make it useful and interesting. But there are lots of other articles that are extremely useful even if they are just 300 words.

TPvinod, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  16. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    CoriGear hit it on the head again. Something which reads as nonsense is not going to impress anyone. In fact, it will usually sour the stomach of the reader.

I've said this before, and I think most would agree, that word count is irrelevant. What is important is that you say what needs to be said. You say it in an engaging, thoughtful and concise way that not only gets your point across clearly, but does so efficiently.

I'm also quite disgusted by what people expect us to do for pennies. Would these same people ever think to give away their life-long craft for $4 an hour? I doubt it.

SCookAAM, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  17. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Lukeit, I'm honestly not sure if you're trolling or not at this point...

coreygeer, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  18. Shole93

Shole93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read the post and was "wow i can relate to this guy", then i seen the comments. Common guys coreygeer has a great point, so do some comments. For example i would like to say that there are many people who are pretending to be writers to make quick money, those kind of people had lead us to this price. The 1$ per 100 words is even overpriced at some sites. I seen people offering 500-1000 words articles on some sites. And its sad because people who write quality articles usually earn less than those people who write an article like a 12 year old. With this i do not intend to insult anyone. Everyone is allowed to write, some are more gifted than others, but most of them , talented or not, try to make money as fast as they can with as little effort made as possible not considering quality as a major factor or strong side of their work.

Shole93, Aug 11, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  19. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @op....
    right now you are writing for other people..... (other people who would seem to be rude stingy bastards to put it mildly).
    It sounds more like you are tired of working for others, rather then writing itself, so why not write for yourself?

Like the people you have written content for in the past, how did they get the money to hire you? Quite possibly from adsense. Your article that you sold might be worth only $5 in a single sale, but if you had a site of your own, it might bring in $5* per month recursive income (*only for an example), so you will possibly continue earning for an entire year. Just right now, your job is based on others who earn from your articles who give you back a small portion of what the article earns. Working for yourself, you might earn so much you never need to work for someone else again.

matt_62, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  20. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The problem is, I've been writing for those people in the first place instead of finding high quality clients who aren't trying to find slaves for their AdSense site. There's many different uses for content and starting an AdSense is just one of those many uses. Writing is a great way to earn a VERY great income and live comfortably but you can't do it chasing down low paying clients.

I'm in the process of changing my business plan entirely which will probably entail cutting out all of the low paying DP clients altogether. I want them to drop their jaw and scream when I tell them the price I'm going to charge them to craft words. Let them deal with those $1.00 per 100 word writers if that's the route they wish to take, I'm done trying to educate those people or convince them otherwise.

coreygeer, Aug 11, 2013 IP