1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I think google has a new Algo

Discussion in 'SEO' started by leswoody, Aug 17, 2008.

1. rajkarodiwal

rajkarodiwal Peon

Best Answers:
    I have lost my website position since last 15 days. if it is a google dance, how many days it remain. :mad:

tell me if any body knows:)

thankx:D

rajkarodiwal, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  2. StrongMinder

StrongMinder Banned

Best Answers:
    When you got the copy of algorithm from google??????

StrongMinder, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  3. Dreads

Dreads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Remember guys 90% of statistics are up 50% of the time....
    no one in the world besides
    Larry Page
    Superman
    Sergey Brin
    and others of the google department (batman, ect..)
    have a clue when the google algo changes, but seriously who cares just keep bringing up your backlinks :D

Remember kids!
    A strong backlink count will keep the sandbox monster away!

Dreads, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  4. sapanbhatt

sapanbhatt Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey thats true I am facing the same problem, My site is there on second page on #19 but not its on #116 what is this going on.....

Can't understand....

sapanbhatt, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  5. RumbleFish-1664

RumbleFish-1664 Peon

Best Answers:
    Same goes guys here :confused: it seems that currently much newer sites which consistently ranked below us for a main keywords have not only gone above us but also the other 5 year old plus sites around us. So is there something going on with the whole age/trust part of the algo?

RumbleFish-1664, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  6. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Peon

Best Answers:
    My SERPS were destroyed for 2 weeks, and now their coming back on track. Thing is, their much better than ever...

So, it was a great thing for me, even though I lost quite a bit of money and traffic for 2 weeks, I'm gaining more now.

Chinchilla, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  7. kingcobrapoker

kingcobrapoker Peon

Best Answers:
    Overall I'm liking this all and it seems that there's some real improvements in favoring good content over search engine manipulation. What seems to be going on is that they have relied too much on backlinks for ranking which is pretty much always something subject to manipulation and has little or nothing to do with quality. The movement here seems to be more content based and not only rewarding this but penalizing sites who have relied too much on link building. Here's an example which has frustrated me but in the end I've learned some stuff from it:

In one of my major keywords my home page was ranking on the second page. I had this other page which I had ONE link to ever, and that was 4 years ago, the first link I ever got in fact for my site in fact when I was playing around. For some reason a few months ago I discovered it had PR1 and I had some people who wanted PR links back so I stuck them on there along with the few paragraphs of content that's on there. This page isn't on my sitemap and I don't have any links pointing to it although I did put one up there for the benefit of these link partners.

The one link I had to it, which was a pretty good one, got updated and pointed elsewhere (not my doing). So now I've got no backward links, and only 1 internal link which google isn't recognizing anyway. The PR is long gone now as well and it's PR0.

As things stand now, for this particular keyword I'm now #7 with it, and guess which page it is? This garbage one. Go figure. I'm not complaining too loudly though since the traffic I'm getting for this keyword has gone up as page 1 is a lot better than page 2. Now it's true, or should I say might be true, that if my homepage wasn't in the doghouse for posting too many links too fast, something I continue to fiddle around with, that this garbage page wouldn't be on page 1 for several things, including my site name, but the thing is, the fact that it is with no links is the interesting thing. I've figured out some things along the way as to why, and even some real tidbits I'm keeping to myself, but there's no doubt in my mind that while links play a role, it's not what it used to be and things are really changing.

Ken

kingcobrapoker, Aug 28, 2008 IP