1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I think all SEO websites are scam. What ur input.?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by spidperspop, May 9, 2015.

?

Do you believe in SEO Companies

1. YES

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. NO

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
    Hello All,

Lots of SEO websites out there and majority of them are promising like crazy stating that your search will be in the top 10 of google etc..

But if look, their sites are not in the top 100 or not even in top 100... Most of them are using Google adwords or just spamming emails or callling ppls... If they cannot optimize their sites, how can they make others sites in the top..??

And they want $100+ per month.. I think SEO is just scam of fooling poor ppls who have less knowledge of search functions///

Idea's and thoughts please.. may be I am wrong, but I couldnt see a valid point to get convinced..

spidperspop, May 9, 2015 IP
  2. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The SEO-related keywords are extremely competitive, so that many SEO businesses probably won't rank all that well. Unless you are looking for local SEO companies. There are certain, very well-established SEO websites that will tend to rank high, such as MOZ and SearchEngineLand.

usasportstraining, May 9, 2015 IP
  3. DungeonMaster

DungeonMaster Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the site you're trying to rank. I've done SEO for actual brick-and-mortar businesses, and charge a lot of money for it, but I delivered on that promise and they made it to page 1. It's much easier with them because, for example, if you're trying to rank a carpet cleaner's site even in a large city there are only so many other companies competing against you, and most of them don't know the first thing about SEO. Basically, you have to add content to their site (lots of high quality content, since Google loves content), get citations up wherever you can, maybe get a few backlinks depending on who you're competing against, and then watch as the site floats to page 1.

If you're working on a site for an Internet-based business, it's much, much harder to promise that. I don't have much faith in specific SEO tactics for online businesses (I'm just not an SEO guy when it comes to my own sites), and figure that the best thing you can do is add high quality content, encourage people to comment on your blog, like your posts, etc.

I would not hire an SEO company for an online business, personally. However, I would put more faith in them if I have a real-world business, and I'd pay them top dollar, too.

DungeonMaster, May 11, 2015 IP
  4. kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess it depends which keywords you expect them to be ranking in the top 100s for.

There are definitely scammy SEO companies, but there are also genuine SEO companies. The difficulty is trying to discover which are the good ones that you should invest your money in.

kaleidoscope, May 11, 2015 IP
  5. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is true that there are some SEO services promising top position for your website and still not in the search results. Not all but some of them are reputable and trusted by other companies so its always risky to take their services until it proven by your self.

KylieSweet, May 11, 2015 IP
  6. fxbonusinfo

fxbonusinfo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course! In online everything is not genuine. Some sites r scam and also some sites r genuine. If u have any confuse about SEO in online. u can do it by yourself via forum posting, social media etc

fxbonusinfo, May 12, 2015 IP
  7. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If the keywords you are trying to rank for are low or medium competition, then most SEO companies will not have a problem ranking you even with outdated SEO methods. But if the keyword is high competition you are literally throwing money out of the window for nothing. SEO still has its place and even EMD domains can be good, when every other site is complete garbage, google will rank the one that is "least garbage"

Domain Lead Finder, May 12, 2015 IP
  8. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any person with basic knowledge about Search and how it works should have no problem spotting the crappy apples among the SEO experts. They always promise you the Sun and the Stars, they always talk in large scales and often require very little money for what seems to be skyrocketing your business. Any respectable SEO company should be able to give you realistic forecasts and explain how they plan to achieve them.

Rado_ch, May 12, 2015 IP
  9. Rocko Berry

Rocko Berry Active Member

Best Answers:
    It cannot be said that each and every SEO site is a scam.There are so many genuine service providers who can bring good results in SERPs.It depends on strategy and the way the service providers are using.

Rocko Berry, May 13, 2015 IP
  10. Alex.p

Alex.p Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There's a lot of companies that can actually able to provide you desire results. I agree with you that a lot of fake companies over there. But if you want you can find good companies too. You can try "Sidago Integrated Solution".

Alex.p, May 13, 2015 IP
  11. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the approach, I think:

If you hire a cheap company (like the one which only tried to charge you 100 bills), most likely you will receive a bad service from someone who has been trying to learn SEO from what he read about it on random blogs and asking in forums.

Professional SEO people will hardly ever charge you less than 1000 or 1500 (I do not charge less than 1500 myself), because we know that it is a lot of work, and that your client will want to get results in exchange for his or her money.

However, the professional experience or quality of a SEO guy is not the only factor to consider. You hire a SEO service because you want to get rankings; and to get rankings you need a website, that's no brainer. But your website should not be just "any website". It needs to deserver getting the rankings you are looking for.

Every professional SEO will quite likely assess the website and propose changes. If the client follows the recommendations, they may get better rankings in a reasonable time; but the sad truth is that most clients do not want to carry out the changes (because of the extra cost involved in the process). In those cases, SEO just does not achieve the results the client wants; or it achieves them in years instead of months, giving SEO professionals "a bad name".

Tedel, May 14, 2015 IP
  12. Tracy Mullins

Tracy Mullins Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a lot more out there than Google. I have multiple sites and their Google rankings suck but I get lots of traffic from various other sites. I have invested $100's in backlinking strategies. I wouldn't discard natural search volume as the best traffic. It is. However, focus on your site (s) and ensure it (they) provide excellent content. In time the traffic finds you.

Tracy Mullins, May 16, 2015 IP