1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I There Anyone Here Who Can Specifically Walk Me Through Keyword Research Focusing on One Blog Post?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Noitartst, Mar 30, 2022.

I'm trying to understand how it works researching on just one blog post; if I can understand that, I'm gettin' somewhere...

Noitartst, Mar 30, 2022 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    Decide on the keyword you are wanting to rank for, and then write a post around it. Optimize the title, URL, and limit the keyword density of the text to approximately 4 - 5%. I've gone higher and lower, allowing the content to flow naturally when writing, not being so focused on keyword usage. But having too high a density can cost you ranking.

Oso Optimized, Apr 2, 2022 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    See, there are so many new things in keyword research these days.

Earlier, you can select one keyword or keyphrase, and write an article related to that topic.
    The keyword/phrase is repeated a couple of times in the article.
    Suppose if your article is of 100 words, and you repeat the keyword/phrase 5 times in that article, then you have a keyword density of 5 percent.

But that is old approach.
    Google and other search engines are way smarter now.

These days search engines can figure out related keywords and can even rank your page for the related keyword/phrase instead of the intended selected keyword/phrase.

For example, if you got a blog post on "tips for buying second hand cars".
    But somewhere in the article you also listed a couple of dealerships in your area.
    Google can rank your page for the following keyword search, "second hand car dealers in (your area name)"

This is happening because google etc are now able to select certain sections of your content and rank your page simply based on that section, instead of the whole article.
    However, the main article must be something related.

So my advice is, write on the topic, and while writing, classify and divide your content.
    Consider each section as a separate small article in itself.

You can divide a 1000 word article in 5 sections of 200 words each, and each section targets a different but related keyword/phrase.
    The entire article itself, when read as a single article, must have your intended main keyword/phrase repeated a couple of times.
    For example, in a 1000 word article, you might repeat your main keyword/phrase about 10-15 times, or may be a little more.
    However, avoid crossing the 5% density mark, 50 times in a 1000 word article, cause then things begin to look too spammy.
    Even 50 times in a 1000 word article might look annoying.

JEET, Apr 3, 2022 IP
  4. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Hey there, three words 'supply and demand'.

The keyword you pick, regardless of what it is, has to have sufficient searches, otherwise, there is not going to be much traction to your article.

If no one wants to know or find out about what your intended keyword is, then no matter how many times you use it, won't matter, the laws of supply and demand do come into play. It's like having the best-looking website on the planet, if no one knows you exist, you don't.

The supply aspect is to provide what people want and be consistent about it, great, entertaining (dependent on the subject matter), and captivating posts that will attract repeat visits.

Also agree, plastering a keyword or keywords, everywhere in a particular article is not OK, but be warned, bots and search engines have advanced, and so must we!

So my advice is to get yourself a good keyword research tool first and foremost, then get all your SEO in place, again another topic in itself but an important point to consider.
    All the best.

Harvey Wolf, Apr 4, 2022 IP
  5. Noitartst

Noitartst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly; you're speaking a lot of sense, and that is where I'm struggling; I need to find the right SEO "keyword research tool," and then practice writing for keywords, as described by the above posters. And, once I find a "research tool," how exactly to practice using it? What what I want to do here or elsewhere, is throw out a topic I want to write a blog post for, and then ask over a forum like this how to use a specialized search engine to pick a keyword phrase. That's how I'm trying to learn keyword research, but not found much enthusiasm, so far.

Can anyone help me do this, here? I don't want to pay for a search engine I don't know how to practice with, let alone use, but I am willing to try with enough support.

Anyone here up for helping me craft an article on Russia & Ukraine with an appeasement angle?

Noitartst, Apr 4, 2022 IP
  6. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Noitartst,
    The best approach for beginners is to use free tools (as paid ones can cost a lot).
    From my experience, I would recommend you "ahrefs keyword generator" Google it. It's a free research tool that you can use unlimited times.
    As it is a free tool, the limitation is that it shows keyword difficulty (KD) only for the first ten results, but you can open it in one more tab and recheck keywords that interest you.
    There are many keyword research tools out there. The reason to recommend this one is that the monthly search volumes are the most accurate.
    For starters, I would recommend you find keywords that have KD below ten and at least 1000 monthly search volume because you will be able to rank faster on those.

After you find the right one in those criteria that fit your needs, you should focus on writing an article.
    But before you write even a single word. First, you should check and research what other people wrote about it in articles ranking on top of Google search for your keyword.
    Read and research their articles:
    • how many words their articles contain,
    • how many subtitles are in it (sections),
    • do they use images and how often,
    • do they include videos,
    • is it an old article from a year or more ago, or is it a freshly updated one this month,
    • do they have an FAQ on the topic at the end of the article and so on.
    Then look at how you can write your article better than theirs.
    Otherwise, you will not be able to pass them in Google ranking.

When you researched all that, got all the needed information, and think that you can give more value than them, start writing your article.

On the other hand, if you think they told everything there is, they did a great job doing it, and you can't do better, then look for another keyword (topic) and write about that instead.

I hope this helps.

Deos, Apr 10, 2022 IP
  7. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Lemme get this straight; to start keyword researching for a blog, follow the proceeding pattern:
    1. For me as a blog starter, pick the "Ahrefs Keyword Generator"; hm...what is its monthly fee, again? Circa $20?
    2. Target Keywords with a keyword difficulty (or KD) betwixt 1,000 & 10,000.
    3. Then research what other articles said in the search engine listings from the targeted keywords.
    4. Move on to other topics, listed elsewhere.

Hm...this is starting to sound doable. Looks like a plan to me, don't you agree?

PS: I'm unemployed. Would another, cheaper search engine work as well for my purposes as Ahrefs, and if so, how? Just striving to be cost-conscious.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    Noitartst, Apr 13, 2022 IP
  8. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You didn't get it buddy, check my posts I made a beginners guide for keywords research it has more details.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    Deos, Apr 13, 2022 IP
  9. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, there sorry just seen your reply now.
    Firstly whether its for keywords on a blog or help with ranking your whole site the tool I mention in my blog post below will definitely help you firstly find low competitive keywords that have loads of searches but secondly also help you check your overall site and 'fix' and issues. It does a load more, but the video best describes everything, so I wont bore you.

Also, you mentioned you don't want to pay for something you don't know how to use, and rightly so, so, the tool has a great video that explains everything it does and in much detail. Check it out and if it makes sense try it out for yourself. In either case I think will help you moving forward.

Finally, it is a paid version and understand you might not want this but be looking for free alternatives right now, which again is understandable. I have just put the blog post here and if nothing else hope that, going forward, it will help you to update any missing gaps in your knowledge. All the best

https://jbs786.com/how-ranking-a-website-can-be-simple-easy-to-do/

Harvey Wolf, Apr 14, 2022 IP
  10. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well just choose a long tail keyword and write an article around it .Dont forget that most important for seo are the people reading the article .So read it from a perspective of a client : how much value it gives you ,you like it ,how it helps you ,its something new from other sites ? To many people focus so much on seo that forget about main factor "people" they focus on backlinks ,keyword density etc

Spartan14, Apr 16, 2022 IP
    Harvey Wolf likes this.
  11. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree.
    Believe at times we are so pre-occupied by the bots, search engines, and the like we do have a tendency (myself included at times) to forget there is a human being on the other end trying to read something.

Therefore, make posts interesting, specific, entertaining, depending on subject matter and of course SEO proof (well as much as you can) Ultimately, make it worth the read so that your audience, organic or paid will want to come back for more.

Harvey Wolf, Apr 19, 2022 IP
    Spartan14 likes this.
  12. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Sorry I have not gotten back to you all sooner, but here are my replies.
    Fair enough; as is, I think I may have misread your, "I would recommend you find keywords that have KD below ten and at least 1000 monthly search volume because you will be able to rank faster on those," quote. What exactly were you saying? When I said: "Target Keywords with a keyword difficulty (or KD) betwixt 1,000 & 10,000," did I understand you aright? I think not...

Thankee; I'll examine yer post...okay, I examined it, and I still don't know how to specifically apply the details of what was shared, here; it's too blame abstract, basically. As I keep saying, I'm trying to find someone that I can talk to, who can specifically help me marry these concepts to the needs of my blog, and while I'm will ing to pay, most people willing to help are way, way, WAY outta mah price range...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    Noitartst, Apr 26, 2022 IP
    Harvey Wolf likes this.
  13. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Hm. I cannot find the links to the content you mentioned. Couldst thou kindly resend them?

Noitartst, Apr 26, 2022 IP
  14. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sure here it is https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/beginners-guide-keyword-research-find-your-niche-for-free.2874265/#post-19724929

Deos, Apr 29, 2022 IP
  15. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    I REALLY need an SEO mentor...how to hire one? I'm stuck.

Noitartst, Apr 29, 2022 IP
  16. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO mentor... that thing gonna cost you pretty pennies man
    Cheaper to join some good SEO courses.
    But before that even cheaper check SEO blogs of mentors like Brian Dean, Neal Patel etc.
    Also read Ahrefs blog, Moz, SEMrush, HubSpot...
    You can learn a lot for free just from those blogs before putting hand in your wallet.

Deos, Apr 29, 2022 IP
  17. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    I'm currently trying to get an online SEO course with a real instructor through my library. I'm taking (or trying to) an SEO course from:
    https://www.universalclass.com/
    For the record. Sound like a plan, or do you have any better? I'm also trying to still find someone on Fiverr, and I tried reaching out to a local college.

By the way, do those SEO courses you were mentioning in the tat link come with instructors whose brain I can pick? Their prices seem in range, at least.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2022
    Noitartst, May 1, 2022 IP
  18. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not sure about universal class (that's a variation of Udemy) also Fiverr is ewww choice.
    A local college that's even pricier.
    Well, you can contact them through the contact page on their site. Not sure will they replay or someone from their team. For the prices if they are good for you then go with them they are the top on the market.

Deos, May 1, 2022 IP
  19. Deepansh

Deepansh Peon

Best Answers:
    @Noitartst

Hi bro,

It's a very simple process, not complicated at all. Let me explain it to you step by step, Follow these steps and your blog will rank on Google in its first crawl

1: Do keyword research.
    The following points should be kept in mind when conducting KW research.
    • The keyword should be long-tail ( If you blog about SEO, the keyword should be: How to hire an SEO expert).
    • Search for a keyword with low difficulty and high search volume.
    • Make a list of primary and secondary keywords.
    • One of my favorite tricks is to check the top 10 sites that rank on your shortlist. If most of them are quora and similar to that, then you can easily get on top.
    2: ON-Page
    The following points should be kept in mind when conducting ON-Page optimization.

• The keyword density should be between 1% and 1.45%
    • Write a long blog post (more than 1500 words).
    • Properly add graphs and images if you can, and make sure they are optimized.
    • The primary keyword should be in the H1- H2 and similar places.

Deepansh, May 3, 2022 IP
  20. Deos

Deos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "Zero backlinks and ZERO monthly searches!"
    @Deepansh Think you should study a bit on keyword research before wasting time writing a post related to a keyword that no one search for.
    What's the point of writing something that no one will ever read?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2022
    Deos, May 4, 2022 IP