1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I suck at ideas

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by JacobWarren, Jun 25, 2009.

1. pimpinkid

pimpinkid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on how much you charge, I'm always looking for another programmer to do things for me. Not right in this moment because I'm sorting some things out but in a week or two for sure.

pimpinkid, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  2. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    And sing....because I got High...because I got high...

sakto, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  3. GDHman

GDHman Guest

Best Answers:
    Hook yourself up with an idea person. Personally I'm more of an idea person my friend and business partner is more of a programmer. It works out beautifully and we just alternate adsense/affiliate links to distribute the $ rather than a more formal way of doing business.

GDHman, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  4. JacobWarren

JacobWarren Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you all think of visvivadesign.com? Vis viva is Latin for Living Force.

JacobWarren, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  5. TheEnthusiast

TheEnthusiast Peon

Best Answers:
    how about i sell typefate.com great domain for web designing company :)

TheEnthusiast, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  6. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, good ideas have taken me years to think up. And my best ideas come from a mix of different things that I know. Mix up what you are good at, programming and something else - an interest perhaps? You'll be rich soon enough.

:)

furca, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  7. CosmicDebri

CosmicDebri Member

Best Answers:
    A few good places to get ideas are: go to Ebay, and see what the most popular searches there are, pick one, and market it... Google Trends is good for this as well.... check out the most popular products at Amazon.... cruise to Ezine and see whats hot at the moment.... should get you some ideas flowing....

CosmicDebri, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  8. gsv13

gsv13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    and how its related to designing? :rolleyes: Also he is a coder not designer.

gsv13, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  9. Kat Fuschillo

Kat Fuschillo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Jacob,

Why don't you offer your services as a programmer here. Marketers are always looking for people with your skills. Just add something to the special offer or services for hire section.

I'm sure you'll get a good response.

Kat Fuschillo

Kat Fuschillo, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  10. moonwalker

moonwalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make a new website about bacon recipes and put fliers up a your local bars with a catchphrase that draws them to your site. People love bacon. And a site with bacon recipes would make you some dough.

moonwalker, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  11. staffsergeantpeterson

staffsergeantpeterson Member

Best Answers:

Keep making pages... elance .com guru .com and rentacoder .com

staffsergeantpeterson, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  12. CarolinaInvestor.com

CarolinaInvestor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Jacob - I have been trying for years to come up with that great site that really works. I am still waiting... I think you have a lot of good advice here. The best luck I have had with the net is my corporate site that brings in business for my core business. You might want to think of something similar for your services. Create a site that has information you collect that is pertinant to web site design. Include information about what you have done - market yourself. Pick a domain that works for what you are marketing. I do automation. So my site is automationnc.com It has a projects section, articles, etc. It is my company brochure. It brings in work. that is good. Now my success at branching off into other web ventures... yuck. My best is PLCMentor.com and is for training in my core business area. I have over 1700 members - thats great! the problem is it has cost way too much for the number of PAYING members that I have. Good luck and keep at it.

CarolinaInvestor.com, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  13. beemboy

beemboy Peon

Best Answers:
    go as a freelance .if u know programming excellent opportunities are there!

beemboy, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  14. Product King

Product King Peon

Best Answers:
    I am pretty sure there is no problem starting your own company at 17. Take action and do it:)

Product King, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  15. FilthyRich

FilthyRich Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Why don't you have a read at existing ideas and try and put your own twists and turns on it to make your technique.

FilthyRich, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  16. JacobWarren

JacobWarren Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah! I forgot about that. I tried to when I first joined here, but you must have a certain amount of posts to post in those forums. Now that I have that requirement that will be a good idea. Thank you.

staffsergeantpeterson, that sounds good too.

Well I registered my domain name. I'm going to do tutorials, sell templates I have made, along with a few scripts, and free quotes.

I am stuck though. I have devised two designs that are both good for web design. A dark one, which represents an imaginative designer and a light one, which represents professionalism.

I really like the dark one, I'm thinking about leaving that one up for a couple of months and then switching to the light colored one and see how people take to each one.

JacobWarren, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  17. JacobWarren

JacobWarren Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright, it isn't all the way finished. I still have to add content, and optimize it to be a little bit quicker. Other than that I'm pretty much done. What do you all think? http://www.visvivadesign.com The "Services" page has a separate template, and the portfolio has a flash one.

JacobWarren, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  18. CarolinaInvestor.com

CarolinaInvestor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Good start! You need to add a way out of your portfolio section and add some of the stuff you have worked on in the past. You might want to start a couple sites in the different platforms you mention having experience in to show what you can do. Stay on the forum and offer advice in the development area. Good luck!

Oh and incorporate. Legalzoom is a good inexpensive way to do that fast.

CarolinaInvestor.com, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  19. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice URL, just don't post it here if you haven't bought it yet. Someone might grab it before you get a chance.

When you get your portfolio site going make sure to link it here so we can have a look.

Emperor, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  20. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Failure is the route to success. Don't just give up because a few of your websites sucked. You're 17, same age I was when I started out. Research, find out WHY you're sites died a slow, horrible and painful yet pathetic death. Learn better marketing strategies, learn how to climb the ranks in Google better. Research your keywords and your competitors keywords, find out where their traffic is coming from. These are all the things that a basic web developer needs to do. We all have bad times, mine in the last week actually because my traffic isn't high enough for the work I've put in but a bit of friendly advise pointed me in the right direction. My point is that I and probably 90% of other people on this forum have been in the same boat as you are in right now.

scottlpool2003, Jul 3, 2009 IP