1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I submitted my website in DMOZ again

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by lonking, Jun 17, 2012.

1. ThatWasEasyButton

ThatWasEasyButton Peon

Best Answers:
    Question: how this uniqueness is determined? I mean, is it a personal glance and opinion "I think it is not as unique as it may be" or some verification tool is used?

ThatWasEasyButton, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  2. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It'a simply a case of evaluating the site, the content, how its presented etc etc. Sometimes listability boils down to opinions but not very often. Editors do have internal forums to which they can post questions, ask opinions and seek advice from other Editors, perhaps Editors more experienced in that area.

snooks, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  3. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I always checked uniqueness by grabbing a random line or three, then quoting them in a search. More often than not while using this method I found DOZENS of sites with the exact same content. There are other methods of course, but really, that is not important, or should not be important to you... if you are worried about whether or not your site is unique, just use original content.

The real trouble is finding who has the original content & who has copy/pasted.

Qryztufre, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  4. ThatWasEasyButton

ThatWasEasyButton Peon

Best Answers:
    It's pretty clear. Not worried about the content (or at least it's absolute majority) being unique, just sometimes it can be perceived as not.

ThatWasEasyButton, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  5. renfley

renfley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ive been waiting for 6 month to get listed with them and still nothing. I'm not sure there as relevant as they used to be since my daily funnies site is doing extremly well considering...

renfley, Jul 12, 2012 IP