1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Submitted my site about 10 months ago and no luck...

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Ferrari310, Aug 30, 2011.

I guess the odds in getting to dmoz are slim. I also just submitted once.

Ferrari310, Aug 30, 2011 IP
  2. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Check their guidelines before submitting. At DMOZ sites are manually added by human beings.
    If you think the editor has done mistake then you can report it to DMOZ.

pupul, Aug 30, 2011 IP
  3. kiosukia

kiosukia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you"re site validate by antivirus company

kiosukia, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  4. zigzag007

zigzag007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    10 months, Same here. The one in my sig. What gives?

zigzag007, Nov 11, 2011 IP
  5. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some times you may have submitted 10 years back and you might still have to wait !

It's not about the wait time. If you have a good quality website, you might get listed or else just move on. DMOZ is not god to judge who you are and how much quality your site is.

samdar, Nov 12, 2011 IP
  6. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That has NOTHING to do with it... though, heh, if your site is sitting in the queue and an editor happens to check it out & gets a virus, you can be darned sure you will NEVER be listed, lol. But seriously, that is not a mandatory requirement.

Samdar is right... submit & forget, your wait time (even for super fantastic sites) can be 10 years or more... and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Qryztufre, Nov 12, 2011 IP
  7. joeventura

joeventura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes submit and forget, or better yet don't submit and cut out the middle man.

If you submitted check the topic you submitted to, likely no addtions there in years, which means there are no editors there.

Why are there no editors?

Being an editor at DMOZ is like being an Editor for the Encyclopedia Brittanica. No one reads it, no one uses it, no one buys it. Go get yourself some meaningful high PR links on Google and you will get better rankings on your website than a listing in this encyclopedia ever will.

Now Jim is going to come back and say we get XXX editor submissions a week/month/year. Well you know, until everyone realizes that DMOZ has zero value people outside of the U.S. reading articles online from 2007 will still thing that DMOZ has some juice. They don't.

joeventura, Nov 15, 2011 IP