1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I saw some Grizzly Bears at the Fair!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Russell Chambers, Aug 2, 2017.

I went to the fair yesterday and they had a bear show. Just thought you guys would like to see a photo that I took.

[​IMG]

Russell Chambers, Aug 2, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  2. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    You don't have bears where you live?
    -

thebrandman, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's grotesque
    Your fairs still have live animals? I think the ones we have are only allowed dogs and horses these days. The quality of the performances by humans has improved dramatically as a result.

and sadly, we don't have bears but I'd rather see them somewhere natural than in a tiny cage like that.

sarahk, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  4. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. There is no need for cage bears at a fair. We have none of that where I live. Horses and pony rides -- maybe a benign farm animals petting zoo for the kids, but no violent animals in cages.

As far as seeing bears in nature.... well, I think I'd prefer to give them a wide berth in that environment. Frightened, angry or spooked bears in the wild are not something you want to toy with. And, those who know wild bears know that they tend to be very territorial and defensive animals. I'll watch them through binoculars in the wild, but not up close. ;)
    -

thebrandman, Aug 3, 2017 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I was thinking, across a valley, perched high on a cliff while they catch salmon below and are way too preoccupied to be bothered with humans

sarahk, Aug 3, 2017 IP
    thebrandman likes this.
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Usually those bears are rescued because their mama died or abandoned them. Yes, caged but alive, otherwise they would have died in the wild. Baby bears can't survive without their mother. Humans are not predators (just wanted to note), the real predators are the ones that would tear the poor little baby bears apart.

qwikad.com, Aug 3, 2017 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's not uncommon for bears to go into my grounds but usually they are black. My dogs will chase them out and I have bear proof bins. As you get closer to the house I have a 6 foot fence. Once in awhile we get a grizzly moving through, that's when the conservation officers move in. They do what they have to do to scare them off.
    I'm far more concerned with cougars, we get them here and these come around at night.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Spoiltdiva, Aug 3, 2017 IP
  8. Russell Chambers

Russell Chambers Active Member

Best Answers:
    These bears were trained with people in side the big cage. They were happy and playing. There was also a live tiger show going through rings of fire.

Russell Chambers, Aug 3, 2017 IP
  9. Rakenson

Rakenson Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with sarahk, animals should never be used for entertainment whether it's a show at a circus or behind glass at a zoo. The ones who are rescued should be put in sanctuary's away from people until they are well enough to get released back into the wild.

Rakenson, Aug 3, 2017 IP
  10. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, yes... cougars. Those are a bit more dangerous than bears, due to their speed, prowess, and appetites. Frightening as it is to say, I think I'd rather meet a bear up close than a cougar.
    -

thebrandman, Aug 3, 2017 IP
  11. jscott99

jscott99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sad to say, these bears were probably born in captivity, is like being born in prison, that's the only life they know

freedom is not even a possibility of things they know or have felt.

:(

jscott99, Sep 1, 2017 IP