1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I received warning from Google. Please advise

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by yhbae01, Jun 15, 2016.

I have received the following two warnings from Google today:

Our program policies do not permit any alteration to AdSense code which artificially inflates ad performance or harms advertiser conversions. Your publisher account offers a number of options when generating the ad code, which we hope will allow you to create an ad layout that fits in with your site. It is also not allowed to place ads on mobile optimized sites so that they cover any part of the site content or implementing parts of a webpage to cover any portion of the ads. Please be aware that if you have a responsive website design that ads may shift into non compliant positions as the format of the screen changes.

Publishers may not implement Google ads in a manner that makes them more prominent than the content of the page itself. On mobile devices this includes placing two or more Google ads on the viewscreen at the same time. Please be aware that if you have responsive website design that ads may shift into non compliant positions as the format of the screen changes.

And this is what Google advises me to implement:
    • If you received a notification in regard to page content, we request that you immediately remove Google ads from the violating pages. If you are unable to, or unsure of how to remove the ads from these pages, or would like to continue monetizing the page with Google ads, please modify or remove the violating content to meet our AdSense policies.
    • If you received a notification in regards to the way ads are implemented on your site, please make the necessary changes to your implementation.
    This is the URL in question but I'm sure there are other pages violating in the same manner:

http://www.lovemysurface.net/public-wifi-security-risks-4-things-you-can-do-to-protect-yourself/

I have not modified any Adsense code and I can't imagine any part of my screen covering the ads or vice versa. All Adsense ads are within the content area. Other ads are not Adsense.

I'm thinking both warnings are generated from the mobile viewscreen as I may have more than one ad viewing on the same screenview.

I am also displaying two 300x250 ads side by side - could this be considered too prominent?

Your feedback are much appreciated!

yhbae01, Jun 15, 2016 IP
  2. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    can't even see the ads in mobile view.

CUTA, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  3. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    try your site with various mobile devices and browsers - i'm sure you'll find the problem then

pmf123, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  4. cachve

cachve Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good Idie

cachve, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  5. yhbae01

yhbae01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys. I suspected that since my current theme didn't allow for different ad placements between desktop vs mobile, I had two ads in a row which would have been visible at the same time on the mobile view which is a NO NO. Also the current theme has a problem displaying the mobile ads without cropping. This could have been seen as 'modifying ad code'. So for now, I took ads away on the mobile side all together. I'll spend more time looking for a better theme.

yhbae01, Jun 23, 2016 IP