1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I really need for your help guys, pls help me in my Google sitemap ....

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by jamie01, Aug 27, 2007.

HI

I have to set up my sitemap.xml, I have thousand of links on my site. So it would not be possible to put the overall links in one sitemap. You people pls answer me the following Q:

1. How much links I can put in one site map?

2. How many sitemaps files I can make (means I have many links so might it need to be putted on three sitemaps )

3. What would be the name of these tow/three sitemaps on the server (means similar names or dissimilar)

4. Is it better to put the over all links of my site or to put only main categories, subcategories and a few most important products pages?

looking for your response

Many many thanks !

jamie01, Aug 27, 2007 IP
  2. glengall1

glengall1 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many good sitemap tools on the Internet. I am sure many will be in the answers you get.

Have a look at the site http://www.xml-sitemaps.com. This will do all you are asking automatically. You will have to use the paid version as I think the free version only allows 500 URL's or so. It is only about $19. IMHO well worth the money if you are not used to building sitemaps. This willl build .xml, (Google), .txt (Yahoo). .html (human) sitemaps all at the same time and ping Google with your sitemap position. has a good forum too so that if you have any problems just ask.

glengall1, Aug 27, 2007 IP
  3. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Sitemaps allows the webmaster to help Google index their pages optimally. The http://gsitecrawler.com/GSiteCrawler will help you generate the best Google Sitemap file for your website. The GSiteCrawler uses different ways to find all the pages in your website and can generate all sorts of files, statistics and more. The sitemaps file format has lately been also adapted by Yahoo! - even MSN/Live.com is pledging it's support.

The important thing about this one is that it is free and does not have an upper limit setting like the others.

catanich, Aug 27, 2007 IP