1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I reached $500 in one day after many years with adsense!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by JamesColin, Dec 18, 2009.

1. kirek

kirek Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah why not, even more than that is possible:)

kirek, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  2. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always admire perseverance and good services offered by websites which in exchange will return good adsense revenues, like in this case.
    wwwSENSERELYcom, my sincerely CONGRATS for your achievements !!

Now, as far as I am concerned, I believe such results are realistic and better but not overnight and with added value and useful services for the end user not just with 100's MFA sites.

SENSERELY, if you will be kind enough to share some ideas about this:
    - GOOGLE API: the only think I found on code.google.com was AJAX API, is this the same thing? Is it something to download or just API key and all you do is from PHP/java script?
    - what is you overall traffic for all your websites ? because we agreed that traffic and CTR is most important it will be useful for us an estimate of what it needs in terms of traffic to achieve this.
    - how important do you think is domain name / SEO so that you will get good results ? (from your experience)

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 with more such positive results and more...

shmekerosu, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  3. sohiljain

sohiljain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Congrates man. Thats a nice achievement. Also how Adsense work.

sohiljain, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  4. ironmaiden

ironmaiden Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats buddy... I am targeting $500 per month.. lol

ironmaiden, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  5. googlecrawl

googlecrawl Banned

Best Answers:
    Great tips. I hope i can reach it. i just earn around 0,3 up to 1,5 dollars a day

googlecrawl, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  6. skylimits

skylimits Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, to all........ nice Achievment.....
    can someone help me....I have adsense blog but my earning too low..Not more than $1/day...can anyone suggest me some tips, how can i improve..

skylimits, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  7. kelvinforweb

kelvinforweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Really appreciate your achievement and wish to ourself to achieve the same.
    Nice and very useful tips.

kelvinforweb, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  8. makenmoney

makenmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    $500 a day is a great accomplishment. I thought me making $2500 + per month was good......I need to learn more

makenmoney, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  9. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi, a quick update, there have been 2 days at a little over $750 since then, don't know yet about 31st december, but an exceptional month for me!

I use google api which return JSON results (8 results or 4) that's the one I've found on google developer site wwith a php example. No need for api key, just need to fill in your domain name when you call the api with curl.
    Traffic is well over 2 millions ad impressions for this month.
    About domain name and seo, I guess they're important but I'm not good at seo, i don't have patience to make links i prefe to spend it coding or managing my member's content, or creating some myself too.
    As for domain name, I don't think it matters if you don't have the keywords in your domain name, it can be a small benefit, but most important is in-page seo, like at least having good url (mod rewrite) and good page title and inside the body of the page.
    Also I make backlinks from my other sites, so that will count even if a lot of them are on the same ip.

JamesColin, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  10. bdsense

bdsense Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing effective tips

bdsense, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  11. freeeaman

freeeaman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, i believe we need lot of traffic.

freeeaman, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  12. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for taking time to give us your tips, much appreciate.
    Good luck with 31/12, we are waiting final december month results (what you can tell us of course).

Best to all for 2010!

shmekerosu, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  13. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I took him/you up on his/yours offer. I took time to create screenshots for 2 of his sites and give ad placement advice directly on the screenshots, which should improve CTR and earnings for his sites. In return I got a link on one of his sites, a 5 million visits / month site, but for only a little over a week.
    We didn't discuss the length of the link but I couldn't imagine it was less than a month, I just discovered one day that my link wasn't on his site anymore. I got less than 100 visits from this link. I now wish I didn't took the offer and didn't spend my time like that.

I sometimes could have done this advice for free, but here I was doing it in exchange for something, hence why I feel cheated.

But I guess I've paid with my time for learning another lesson, or just re-learnt it: never trust anyone, always discuss all details beforehand however trustable the person at the other end sounds. Time to move on and make a mental mark about this DP username. :)

JamesColin, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  14. gav79

gav79 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can I just ask a quick question regarding your site/s and adsense earnings.

Do you actually make money from the google search bar at the top of your site as well, because I installed this for two weeks on my site and had only 30 searches but didnt make one penny from it, was it something I was doing wrong do you think or is this pretty normal ?

Also please can you take a look at my forum in my signature and let me know what you think of my ad placements and sizes ? I am getting around 2000 unique visitors a day but cant seem to earn over about £5 at the very very most, mainly just sticking around £1-2 and once I got to £9.

I would very much appreciate your advice here, and thank you in advance and if theres anything I can do in return just ask.

Thanks and congrats on your success.

Gavin

gav79, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  15. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Please now nobody asks me anything anymore, this experience with Traveling has let me a bitter taste and now I feel like you can all take care of your own business, answer yourself, I'd better spend my time wisely instead of wasting it on giving advice to people who might or might not be worth of it.
    In emails with traveling he's sure he got the shortest end of the stick and call me greedy and all. In my PM messages list I have numerous DP users calling my dear friend and asking me for my code or ad placement reviews, well dream on all of you, this thread is closed for me.

JamesColin, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  16. gav79

gav79 Peon

Best Answers:

Well I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with someone from this forum, I am sure that there are thousands if not millions of similar people out there.

Well I still wish you all the best with your websites and hope you continue to earn well.

If anyone else has any experience in these fields I would still love to hear from someone.

Thanks and all the best

Gavin

gav79, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  17. oleander

oleander Member

Best Answers:
    good for you! i hope i can do the same!

oleander, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  18. dreamfree

dreamfree Peon

Best Answers:
    waa, congrats!

dreamfree, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  19. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well congratulations on a job well-done.. I remember when you were new here, and when your site was new and now look, you're all grown up! *sniff*..
    Meh. i havnt had a $500 day for a while now..

Tearabite, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  20. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Senserely, I don't understand how can you lose your morale, energy and willing to discuss and progress only because you had bad experience with one member. It is not nice and it is demotivating I agree to have such experience but now what? is the end of the world and you close yourself in a darkroom because you are affraid to happen again ?

I think your post was inspiring and motivating for a lot others, your comments and ideas were useful and appreciated by the others (including myself) and I hope you will not be affected too much and keep contributing active in the forums.

Regards!

shmekerosu, Jan 3, 2010 IP