1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I reached $500 in one day after many years with adsense!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by JamesColin, Dec 18, 2009.

1. hw26

hw26 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm very jealous, but well done :)

hw26, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe I need to retold where I come from as per adsense:
    I started several years ago, and got rather successful for 6 months with one site then suddenly google penalized it and no more visitors from one day to another, that happened last year in september.
    Since then I decided to spread my earnings on several sites so that it won't happen again, I've been working on building traffic on them at the same time instead of focusing on one.
    Then I got more and more successful as I report it in another thread about daily earnings, that I mentioned in my last post.

Now, about the in-text ads and why I test them. Firstly they are compatible with adsense. Secondly I was never interested in them and only had a kontera account which I put on only one site and it was making peanuts.
    I only started getting interested at the end of november on sitepoint (another webmaster forum) to test infolinks claim that they pay better than their competitor.
    Now I've found that in-text ads are also interesting (about $1,500 with infolinks in december) and will wait until the end of my test next month before decidingon which one to use for all sites, but it looks like it will be infolinks, not kontera or chitika linx which I'll keep around but will not give the most of my traffic to.
    And that's not true that one should not touch alternative ad networks, because of the "don't put all your eggs in the same basket". I also have an account at cj and clickbank even if I haven't yet cracked the code with them and only got a few payments. That's because I want to develop them too, in case one day suddenly I don't have adsense anymore. It can happen from one day to another just like it happened for traffic last year. And at this moment I'll be happy to have a few earnings with other ad networks just like I was happy to have a few visitors with yahoo and live/bing. Suddenly we learn to appreciate small things when the big thing disappears :)

About help for ad optimization, I'm open for any opinion. I usually give advice on ad placement in digital point, but I also like to use the forum as the receiver of help, so even if I believe after several years of testing, I know what works in ad placement, I'm always open to opinions of others because they might have other experiences and advice to give me which I can mix with my own experience.

$500 of course is a lot, I remember only last year I considered an honest day when the earnings were over $50 before going to bed!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
    JamesColin, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  3. lhurey

lhurey Member

Best Answers:
    i wish i could earn as much as you earn...

lhurey, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  4. Gij

Gij Peon

Best Answers:

Thats a great achievment!!

Ive just created my own adsense site a couple of months ago but am not making any monet as yet. Maybe you can check it out to see what you think im doing wrong?!

My site is; www.olympusdigitalcameras-accessories.com

I worked really hard on getting the site up and running and on my SEO so im gutted i've not made any money yet.

If you ever want to test your training skills out on someone then i'll be extremely interested in having you as my mentor!!!

Anyway good luck to you, and i'll be aspiring to duplicate your success.

Gij, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    www.olympusdigitalcameras-accessories.com doesn't work for me, unknown domain.
    But by the name of it, it sounds too specific to attract any interesting traffic, and it's way too long (not that important for seo, but you don't need it)

My advice to all is to start learning drupal cms ( http://www.drupal.org ) in order to make multi-users sites so that others can create content for you. And to get them to submit content your site needs to return the favor. So adsense revenue sharing is an easy way to do that. Also giving them dofollow backlinks is another way of giving them a reason to do so.
    Another advice is to learn enough PHP to be able to use APIs, so that you can at least modify example scripts and apply them to your sites in order to add semi-controlled automated content, and mix it with something else in order to bring value to the user, otherwise your site will not last long if it is only creating automated-content to be in google result pages, then one day it will be suddenly at the end of results and no more visitors.

So creating a mix of user generated content and automated content would work best.

An exemple which I haven't developed would be a question and answer site, to which users ask questions, then other reply, and there is some automated content generated from the question title for instance. A bit like yahoo answers, but maybe specific to a topic or several.

JamesColin, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  6. Gij

Gij Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice.

Any advice from people who actually walk the walk is GOLDEN!:)

Gij, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  7. proud2bpinoy

proud2bpinoy Peon

Best Answers:
    sir i have some questions for you if that's okay... Im a newb on this and need some explanation especially regarding the jargon..

when you said "find a niche with moderate to high traffic" does that mean researching for a keyword on google?

How would i know the page's CTR?

The same thing as above, how would i know the CPC?

Adding value means what?

I don't know if you guys will answer these but this will look like a mini tut if you do so and this will be helpful with everybody :)

I like the tips you put on here sir, thank you very much!

proud2bpinoy, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  8. GameFriends.com

GameFriends.com Peon

Best Answers:
    How much traffic did it take you for this daily, and how many websites? thanx and congratz on your achievement.

GameFriends.com, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  9. wecans

wecans Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats! Good for you then. ;)

wecans, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  10. mhuy2x

mhuy2x Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh boy! I am jeaous. $500 a day in adsense that's a huge achievement. I am always inspired when I hear or read people's success stories with adsense. I get motivated to do good with my adsense account.

mhuy2x, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  11. Gij

Gij Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry! my correct domain is; www.olympusdigitalcamera-accessories. com

Thanks for the tips!

Gij, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  12. gav79

gav79 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow great stuff with that kind of earnings, I find at the moment we are earning between $1 and $10 a day but we are a new forum and only been going a cpl of months with alot of work to do yet on ad placements etc, its a great inspiration to see others doing so well and me and my partner work so hard on trying to et all these things right.

I have also noticed that some ads pay more than others and you never actually know which ones they just keep rotating.

Could someone please help me though, since I have upgraded to VB 4 I cant get my advert from sitting on the left into either the centre or to far right so its not sitting right under our logo, I am not sure what code to add to move this, and also I am not sure how to place ads in the threads again we had it before but cant do it now.

If anyone has any information on this as well we would be very greatful and once again well done to everyone earning alot from adsense, we can also certainly see the potential of what it has to offer.

My website is http://www.4ums.com

Thanks all.

gav79, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  13. badar1653

badar1653 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats amazing. Well i am too far behind this mark but one day i'll reach there :D

badar1653, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  14. axa

axa Active Member

Best Answers:
    no dude, placing adsense on warez site is clearly forbidden.

axa, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  15. axa

axa Active Member

Best Answers:

dude, i really curious to see your site which using google API? care to share the link to me?

axa, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  16. ddevil05

ddevil05 Peon

Best Answers:
    good amount. I see it only in my dreams for now :S:p

ddevil05, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  17. STAR Cruiser

STAR Cruiser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A great inspiration. I have started working hard after seeing this thread :)
    Can you please tell us how much traffic you are getting,how many clicks and your niche :p

STAR Cruiser, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  18. ipostmedia

ipostmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulation man!

At the moment I'm still averaging $1 - $5 daily from Adsense. I know it's not much but considering that it's just from a website, I'm really eager to increase the number.

ipostmedia, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  19. checkblog

checkblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats good to see. Amazing earning.

checkblog, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  20. james2007

james2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Earning...

Congrajs... Is it possible to earn 500$ in one day????

james2007, Dec 28, 2009 IP