1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I reached $500 in one day after many years with adsense!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by JamesColin, Dec 18, 2009.

1. dreamview

dreamview Peon

Best Answers:
    it is really surprising. what special you did to achieve that?

dreamview, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As I said, I've been doing it for years but only the last couple of months have began to be surprising, before it was growing, but little by little.
    What I do is work on increasing traffic from search engine by having content generated both by users and automatically driven by user input. and also very important is to make sure I have a good ad placement on any page of my sites (sometimes I don't put ads or very few on the homepage, to attract goodwill)

And that's it, after some hard work I guess it's about luck.

JamesColin, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  3. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the stats will continue like this then any adsense earned more than $10K each month is a good achievement indeed. Well done. Also I have read your post and you seem pretty sensible when weighting the facts on Google Adsense as there are always a possibility for "something to happen" causing you to loose your adsense revenue. This means never out your Gold in one pot, spread it out a bit more just incase. As in my case I don't use Adsense and direct advertising is always best for me.
    Goodluck and congratz again.

wptheme, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  4. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats, its good to hear someones doing alright with it.
    Depending on the site design/layout, getting a CTR above 5% is the hardest part.
    Mine currently sits at around 0.2%.
    Will work on increasing it.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  5. spc

spc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All the revenue from adsense are not profit I guess. You must have some expenses for advertisement/marketing/traffic. Can you tell us a brief about ways and expenses to get traffic to your great content which results such a milestone?

spc, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  6. +kool+

+kool+ Active Member

Best Answers:
    20k unique a day?.. wow.. thats really a lot man.. i think you should try other earning if your adsense didn't do well.. i can recommended a cpm network that you can easily make $10 / day with that kind of traffic.. pm me if you interested.. btw.. may i know what country most of your traffic coming from?

btw.. congrats to wwwSENSERELYcom.. im still long to reach even $50 / day.. huhu

+kool+, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  7. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For promotion of my sites and webhosting I use exclusively earnings I make from other ad networks which pay via paypal. So I don't use my credit card for online services.
    The most investment I've made is for my digg-like site, shetoldme.com that I started in april 2009, because I knew it would be very difficult to get it off the ground because in english there are so many digg-like sites started with a pligg install. So I made adsense revenue sharing to give users a reason to use my site over other similar ones and I made a referral program to give users a reason to write good things about my site on their own blog, that's free promotion. But before I had enough users so this could work, I had to spend money. Overall I spent between $700 and $1000 to buy ads on blogs, sponsor blog contests, have people write reviews on their blog, etc.
    I targeted blogs about bloggers because that was my main wanted memberships.
    The ad earnings have covered the initial investment about 4-5 months after launch which was a good surprise since I was ready to wait until the end of the year before calling it quit. I've now stopped paying to promote it since the user mass is now enough so that the free promotion via the referral program brings several new users everyday.

My web hosting costs so far are between $100-$200 per month including domain names. So that's not really an issue, my traffic can still grow near double before I'd need to take a dedicated server (which is about $400 per month for a decent one)
    That's hosting costs for all websites, not only for the digg-like.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  8. jonza

jonza Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow drool~~ Thank you for telling us your achievements, I am pretty hyped up and you just renewed my energy that such achievements are achievable. I am very new here and your tips are really important for me.

Thank you once again and please do keep us posted of your achievements : D

jonza, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  9. gtk29

gtk29 Member

Best Answers:
    I feel lucky to find this forum :)
    wwwSENSERELYcom thank you for sharing your ways to earn money on Adsense. Mose of users just say I earned 100 a day or I earned 150 a day but do not tell us how they achieved it.

gtk29, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  10. indico

indico Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice to hear.

Congos for it.

indico, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  11. david2626

david2626 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you - i like all your advises!!! thank you very much - help me a lot - also i think you can write ebook "how to earn 500$ a day from adsense" i will be he first to buy (or you will give me it free because of this advise...)

david2626, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  12. checkblog

checkblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good to hear. Atleast you are using properly. Good luck.

checkblog, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  13. adsenseku

adsenseku Guest

Best Answers:
    congratulation..
    :)

adsenseku, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  14. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    what happen last year?

Vel, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  15. keithsan

keithsan Peon

Best Answers:
    Great work: I finally restarted adsense after being banned for what seemed like forever. I deserved it, was a silly noob. still a noob though. 500 bucks a day would be insane.

keithsan, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  16. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    most of my earnings was from one site and traffic died suddenly on this site, so no more earnings :)
    It happened from one day to another at the end of summer 2008, earnings went from 4-5000 to 1000 per month. Simply because google decided to stop sending visitors it has been sending for the past 6 months. Probably a manual check which decided my site was rubbish. I don't blame whoever took that decision, it was justified!

And since I have developped several sites so that if one goes down at least it won't be 80% of the earnings.

17. jntuhome

jntuhome Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats !!! for earning

jntuhome, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  18. sruthin

sruthin Peon

Best Answers:
    amazing.Can you share some major tips to increase CTR, mine is 2.50 and some days above 3.50

Thank you

sruthin, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  19. BusinessAd

BusinessAd Peon

Best Answers:
    I reached $500 in one day after many years with adsense! <<<????? What is your secret????

BusinessAd, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  20. jntuhome

jntuhome Peon

Best Answers:
    can u give more tricks to earn more money same like u

jntuhome, Dec 19, 2009 IP