1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I reached $500 in one day after many years with adsense!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by JamesColin, Dec 18, 2009.

It's the first time I post such a message after seeing many people do that, but this time it is quite an achievement I think, because $500 a day has always seemed unreachable to me. I had already made over $300 in one day, but it's only in the last couple of months that my earnings have increased a lot.
    And in december it happened, about $560 in one day, and since then the next three days have been over $500 also.
    I expect it to continue at least until christmas if nothing bad happens traffic-wise. But I don't see it continue past that, since a lot of traffic is due to christmas and the new year (think christmas gifts, calendar 2010, greeting cards, etc.)

It's only for adsense of course, I also use other ad networks, but adsense performs the best and I give it the best locations. So december 2009 will be remembered as the month when I broke the $500 per day I thought was unreachable (to me) and it will also be the highest month ever in my adsense account's life, well I hope not :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    JamesColin, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  2. david2626

david2626 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very good to hear it - do you suggest ebooks - or more info to learn to succeed with adsense?

david2626, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  3. ghyper.com

ghyper.com Peon

Best Answers:
    waw, thats great, give us some useful tips

ghyper.com, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  4. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well as useful tips I can summarize like this:
    - don't chase high paying keywords (CPC) because you won't be the only one and probably not the best at SEO so... instead find a niche with moderate to high traffic with low to moderate competition (between webmasters) because it's better to earn $0.1 twenty times than $1 once.
    - second important thing is ad placement, never be satisfied with a page CTR less than 5%, keep improving it as long as it isn't 5%, but don't reach 20% as it will mean something is very wrong in terms of user-friendliness and you won't last long. The only advice for ad placement is to put adsense where you'd like to have your own ads if the site wasn't yours.
    - don't waste your time creating forums, it's very difficult and doesn't pay well with adsense. Don't do flash games, free wallpapers and such niches with really low paying keywords, $0.1 should be the minimum average CPC you're looking for.
    - don't buy ebooks or pay for anything other than promotion of your site and web hosting.
    - try to have your content generated by users instead of you, with the power of internet they can add more content in a day than you can in a month, and it'll be more relevant.
    - add content generated automatically if you can code in PHP and use APIs such as Google Search API, but try to add value instead of simply doing a replica of google search (or whatever APIs you're using) because if you don't bring value, then soon your site will be desindexed from google = no more visitors.
    - keep having goals, after $3 a day to reach $100 monthly, increase it always, take adsense earnings and web traffic in general as your score in the real-life game. Take traffic building as a game, so use google analytics to keep track of visitors and set traffic goals like you set earnings goals. You should be having fun with this work, otherwise there's no point, better work in a factory!
    - finally don't put all your eggs in the same basket, that advice applies to web properties, don't have only one site in case something happens, but also to ad networks (don't have only adsense, try others even if they probably won't earn half as much as adsense, try to spend time optimizing their earnings) and also to other things in internet-life, like web hosting companies, where you receive your money, etc. don't centralize.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    khasmoth and wwe_fan9417 like this.
  5. Tarakan

Tarakan Active Member

Best Answers:
    woww... 500 / day... wonder when i can achieve that income.. currently in the 100+/day .. anyway very nice tips there.. thanks buddy.. keep up the great achievements and keep us noted when u achieve 1000 per day ;)

Tarakan, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  6. yogi31286

yogi31286 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i still dont understand how adsense works!!
    i have 60+ unique visitor per day! but still no earnings in adsense...!
    please suggest me or give me an overview on ADSENSE please from which i can make atleast $100 per Month!

yogi31286, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  7. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, your signature links to a site with warez and adsense on it. So my advice is to read AdSense TOS before your account is closed.

8. yogi31286

yogi31286 Active Member

Best Answers:
    u mean... i can't use adsense on my werez blog!!!

9. zearth

zearth Member

Best Answers:
    congrat's..

n thanks for your tips :) $500 a day is Two thumbs up!!

zearth, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  10. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    All is written in adsense TOS in the content policy section, read it, learn it by heart because you have only one chance at adsense in your own name and address.

11. psyduck

psyduck Peon

Best Answers:
    No, you cant.
    You have to read AdSense TOS.

psyduck, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  12. amyxl

amyxl Member

Best Answers:
    review your add placement, it matters a lot, you can see what i mean in my blog linkbelow

amyxl, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  13. Pepy

Pepy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dude, you ever read adsense TOS ?

edit :yeah,2 min behind.

Pepy, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  14. iwillguide

iwillguide Peon

Best Answers:
    good achievement ..!!

iwillguide, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  15. Jontish

Jontish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good advices. The CTR is a really big problem for me. I have a CTR of 0.50% even though I have tried everything to increase it.

Jontish, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  16. Projected-skye

Projected-skye Member

Best Answers:
    60 unique visitors is nothing, you'd want to be in the thousands to see a real return.

Projected-skye, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  17. yogi31286

yogi31286 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i saw there some blogs which have wares on it!
    i mean games and softwares free links!
    and they have adsense on it!!!

and i have placed adsense before 5 months ago!!
    but still they didn't banned my account!!

i am confused guys

18. atadolenc

atadolenc Peon

Best Answers:
    How many sites do you have?

atadolenc, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  19. soniii

soniii Guest

Best Answers:
    nice article

soniii, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  20. soopoot

soopoot Member

Best Answers:
    Always good to hear success stories, so congratulations for your hard work :)

Are you pulling this amount from just one site or a couple and it would be nice to know if you're a single man team and whether you outsource your work as well? Just for an indication how 1 man can do with 1 site...

soopoot, Dec 18, 2009 IP