1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I only want the truth about ADWORDS

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by JoeFreeLee, Feb 23, 2010.

1. JoeFreeLee

JoeFreeLee Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you determine of a website is "wack" ?

JoeFreeLee, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  2. ianthekisser

ianthekisser Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it all comes back to how much effort you put into it. You will be surprised about how stubborn people come be when it comes to changing their website. They believe that you can put a website once and then it should always work. There is a possibility of that, but in reality you may have to readjust many times before seeing results.

"Wack" is just a word, don't take it too seriously. The bottom line is if you are getting targeted traffic and it's not coverting, something has to change on your site.

Mind you, all Google Adwords can do is to bring you targeted traffic. That's all. You may get them excited with your ad but that's as far as it goes.

The rest comes down to your site.

Trust me, I have guilty of this many times before. Out of desperation I have driven campaigns to a site I knew wasn't ready.

So this is kind of a lesson from experience.

ianthekisser, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  3. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My new word for the day: wack. Ian, is that a British expression or did you mean "whack"? Wack is not in my dictionary.

Kidding aside, I know what you mean. And you are of course right. The ad only brings them to the site. As you test ads, you also have to test different site copies. Sometimes, something really simple can bring big changes in conversion rates.

Lucid Web Marketing, Nov 2, 2010 IP
  4. JoeFreeLee

JoeFreeLee Peon

Best Answers:
    I see that makes sense... Thanks for explaining...

JoeFreeLee, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  5. ozdreams

ozdreams Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I think Adwords are great for short-term but long term its expensive and sometimes show little ROI... my best advice is to give it a try. see for yourself if it works for a couple of months but explore other areas as well.

ozdreams, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  6. Socionerd

Socionerd Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords is a boon to marketers. Not only small players but millions of dollar ones are also making a major chunk of money from it. If Online sales is one of your target sources, Adwords can't be ignored. Btw, for lifestyle products I'd also recommend Facebook Ads

Socionerd, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  7. najem

najem Member

Best Answers:
    My opinion is that AdWords is made for almost anyone. You don't need to be super smart or do some long learning program to know what you are doing. Everything is clarified and really easy to understand. If you don't use any learning before you need a few days and a bit of experimenting and definetly you will learn how to do it :)

najem, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  8. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Compared to other forms of advertising Adwords is a great program. It really depends on your product as well. I was spending hundreds on mailers and getting zero, thats right, zero returns.

Lex350, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  9. ayasmonsterz

ayasmonsterz Peon

Best Answers:
    i just really miss this adwords lesson, can everybody give me some advise or Link to learn it?

ayasmonsterz, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  10. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol I can't believe we are arguing if Adwords is profitable or not. Go and type in a keyword like "Car Insurance" and see how many Paid ads there are, if it wasn't profitable they'd pack up doing that within a day. I can tell you now that companies are not in the business of making large free donations to other companies.

Seqqa, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  11. ianthekisser

ianthekisser Peon

Best Answers:
    I like that, Seqqa! Great point and funny at the same time! ;)

ianthekisser, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  12. JoeFreeLee

JoeFreeLee Peon

Best Answers:
    Comon People... we're talking about converting Adwords traffic. Are your really getting the most out of the clicks you get that land on your page? are you getting optins or phone calls... what is the TRUTH for you... NOT in GENERAL.

How can you prove your adwords campaign turns into a success because of the skills you bring into it?

JoeFreeLee, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  13. ianthekisser

ianthekisser Peon

Best Answers:
    I will tell you the truth...

I have benefited and helped people benefit from Google Adwords.

However, personally I can only see how Adwords is good for people with a serious, genuine business that they are committed to.

It is not really a recommended option for people who simply want to "make money online".

I know people who run affiliate sites make many, but I stay away from such clients.

You won't get far if you are not ready to pay attention to your business.

ianthekisser, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  14. rodanglee

rodanglee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The TRUTH is... it DEPENDS. If you have made a decent effort to capture and convert on those leads then you'll see the benefit.

the TRUTH hurts. it will generate traffic but the real question is, what to do with those leads?

rodanglee, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  15. noahqw

noahqw Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I haven't had success with Adwords. However, plenty of people have and will continue to have success with it.

noahqw, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  16. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course people are having success with it LOL. Adwords search result traffic is the exact same traffic coming from the organic SEO, if the traffic was bullshit do you think people would give a crap about Google or it's Adwords or spend $23 BILLION a year with them? Systems work, people fail. Period.

If advertising didn't work then half the worlds business and companies would go bankrupt within a year because nobody can reach consumers and get them buying through their brands, buying shit people love to buy.

People love to spend money, there's a hell of a lot of people out there with a lot of money. You just need to direct them on where to spend it, if you fail once twice even three times so fucking what? Most of the greatest entrepreneurs failed a good few times before they strarted to see real success, my friend starts business grows them and then sells them and he's always failing with a project once in a while things just didn't pan out.

But you have to keep going, if you're just going to give up because things didn't work at first then it makes you look like a push over.

Business is like being in the SAS, most people just haven't got what it takes. Most who think they have, fail! 9 out of 10 infact will fail within the first 5 years.

Seqqa, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  17. muheedbaloch

muheedbaloch Peon

Best Answers:
    gotlivechat said the same thing on my mind. if it does not work for one person that means that they are doing something wrong and maybe you won't make the same mistake.

muheedbaloch, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  18. Th3Wiz

Th3Wiz Peon

Best Answers:
    JoeFreeLee, I think YOUR questions are too GENERAL. You should provide everyone with the details of your business venture your looking to start and perhaps you can get more specific answers into what you need to do to make it profitable.

Every Adwords campaign has different goals. There is no answer that will satisfy your question unless their specific business model/website/campaign matches yours.

Th3Wiz, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  19. JoeFreeLee

JoeFreeLee Peon

Best Answers:
    The3Wiz... I'm not really looking for a coach. I am trying to find out what each person has to say about ADWORDS and their personal experience. Sure, I can post my experience all day long...
    But I only need to state that once, everyone else care to share their thoughts? DO SO HERE...

I think digitalpoint members need to share their experience about ADWORDS...
    Such as; GOOD OR BAD? Why? What was the outcome from the campaign? are you still testing? are you not using adwords anymore? The idea of this thread is for you to tell us what it is ADWORDS has or has not done for your business..

JoeFreeLee, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  20. ricky9

ricky9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes.. nice answer 'gotlivechat'. I agree with you.
    The earnings from adword vouchers depends on the bidding amount that we are keeping for that ad campaign.
    Some people donno how to use these adword vouchers and fail to use them effectively.
    you can get adword vouchers at a very cheap price and use them effectively to get traffic to your location(blog or site).

ricky9, Jan 20, 2011 IP