1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I only want the truth about ADWORDS

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by JoeFreeLee, Feb 23, 2010.

Hey DP members, I need an honest answer from those of you who have used Adwords in the past or at the moment right now, to answer this question.

Does Adwords really give you any conversion to sell something or generate leads?

Has your experience with Adwords completed your primary Goal(s)?

JoeFreeLee, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  2. 1life1fire

1life1fire Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Joe Free Lee!!
    Hope you're having a great day today!

Listen buddy... As Perry Marshall puts it...
    "The reason I like AdWords is, it's the most evolved form of advertising in the history of man. There is not even a close second."

If you want the know the truth about Adwords... you gotta get the Free 5-Day Adwords email course from Perry Marshall ... at ... perrymarshall.com ... he also has non-free products devoted to Adwords. I am not an affiliate of his ... (tho you could be for free if you wanted to).

I just finished his 5 - Day email course... and of course he's gonna send me emails Forever now.. but I don't mind AT ALL ... he's awesome!!

Hope this helps...
    Dan

1life1fire, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  3. 1associate

1associate Peon

Best Answers:
    My take on AdWords is from the perspective of someone who used to sell magazine advertising. £1400 for a prominent full page in a medium quality regional magazine with 125,000 distribution. Anyone who buys that could do as well from a good adword campaign for £400 and possibly much much less. If the product or service is niche then £50 on adwords would do better that £1400 in magazine advertising. The main reason for this is that ONLY people with an interest click the ads. Most of the people reading the magazine won't be interested in any of the products or services advertised but you'll pay to get the advert in front of them - ridiculous and a waste of trees.

1associate, Feb 23, 2010 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  4. karumi

karumi Peon

Best Answers:
    Google only charges when user click on your ads (CPC) or 1000 impression (CPM) and Google only displays your ad that appriciate with user's search. For example, if your ads are about acoustic guitar, google will display your ads only with keyword "acoustic guitar".

karumi, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  5. JoeFreeLee

JoeFreeLee Peon

Best Answers:
    Good to know dan, but you didn't present your opinion... You just recommended a website link for me to purchase a product...

I said, "I need an honest answer from those of you who have used Adwords in the past or at the moment right now" Not a Quote.

JoeFreeLee, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  6. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have used adwords in the past on my own sites, and use it now for other people's sites.
    Yes, I have got sales from it for my own sites. Yes, it does generate leads and conversions on the other sites I work on.

magda, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  7. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dan's Perry Marshall quote is correct. There is no better way to advertise.

I too have used PPC for myself and then managing other people's accounts. Not all were successful but the vast majority were with increased quality traffic. The key is educating yourself and not quit too soon.

Also, look at your sales message. If you have a crappy message, PPC is not going to help. It is advertising, the carrot to get prospects in. Your job is to convert them. If you do both sides well, you will be successful. If you do only one part well, you won't be as successful. Do both poorly, well, no need to explain what happens.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  8. brokencode

brokencode Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is! Completely honest, right?

Why did you ask this? Did google rip your money off? Find out more ebooks about setting your campaign, selecting keywords, etc. You'll find the answer of your question by yourself.

brokencode, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  9. FuzX

FuzX Peon

Best Answers:
    Google bills you for 1000 impressions? How much?

FuzX, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  10. mdowns

mdowns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adwords is great, but the competition is fierce in most niches right now and you have to have your ducks in a row before you jump in. Perry also says that

mdowns, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  11. ppcIcon

ppcIcon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, the OP is banned.

Adwords is like life itself, hard work and persistance will pay off. Winners dont quit and quitters dont win....!

ppcIcon, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  12. bunbunx2

bunbunx2 Peon

Best Answers:
    adwords is my source for cheap targetted traffic to bring site to next level.

bunbunx2, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  13. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    This is it :)

Lastbutnotleast, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  14. ThaSalesman

ThaSalesman Peon

Best Answers:
    In the past Adwords has proven to be a great tool in driving traffic to my new sites. But as my sites grew most of my traffic actually came from search terms, so I'd recommend you do some investing in Adwords and some in SEO.

ThaSalesman, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  15. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is a great way to advertise and there is tons of money to be made with it.

Some people even make a living off it!

:)

PPC-Coach, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  16. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    It is maybe easier to teach Adwords than to make money directly from it

Lastbutnotleast, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  17. wfgsp

wfgsp Member

Best Answers:
    the whole traffic middleman with adwords and adsense only work if your website ads are placed correctly

wfgsp, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  18. bordergadge

bordergadge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes, but it can become expensive.

if you got a good product with a high enough profit margin, then it can work.

bordergadge, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  19. Spectre120

Spectre120 Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. No one seems to talk about whether adwords is even feasible for a product. It's a pretty simple test. Choose a handful of keywords that you'd build a campaign around, check out the approximate cost per click of those keywords (first page click cost at least) by using something like keywordspy's freeware trial version browser plug in (to do a lot of the legwork for you) and guesstimate (using say, perhaps a 1-3% conversion rate to start) your conversion yield vs. your cost of each conversion.

If you make $40 net profit on an item with each non-adwords sale, and it costs you $6 in clicks to convert a sale - leaving you with $34 in profit and that makes you happy, then you have a legitimate option in adwords. You'll always want to adjust your tolerances however. My conversion costs vary wildly in direct proportion to how much time I spend on my campaign (keeping keywords and ads current and relevant, watching competitors etc). In the last 2 months, the daily low is $5.92 and the daily high is $11.72, so you definitely want to know your ranges, competitors, margins and keep your campaign current and effective.

Spectre120, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  20. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    What are you trying to determine with answers from others? Even if 100 people on this thread said it didn't work for them doesn't mean you couldn't be successful in using it. It really comes down to just testing it, but keeping a close eye on ad spend as it can get away from you espec. if you have high daily limits.
    But to answer your question :) - yes, conversions have been received using Adwords.

gotlivechat, Mar 30, 2010 IP