1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I never understood using misleading or vague ads

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by david_sakh, Jan 26, 2005.

It's not like you are paying per impression here. I don't see the sense in using flashy image banners or vague or sensationalist titles. Seems like you are throwing money away - wouldn't the objective be to make your topic as focused and uninteresting as possible so that only those with a genuine interest will visit your site?

I mean, you are going to get it shown regardless. Why do advertisers try to decieve people (slightly) in some adwords ads? Isn't that counter-productive?

All I'm asking is, does this train of logic make sense to you, or is there something I'm missing? :confused:

david_sakh, Jan 26, 2005 IP
  2. tdarnold

tdarnold Peon

Best Answers:
    Targeted traffic is always better.

There are other reasons to grab any surfer out there.

They be playing a numbers game, hoping that enough if enough people see the site something will happen.

tdarnold, Jan 26, 2005 IP
  3. Uno Rank

Uno Rank Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe some people use this method as a means to more significantly increase their CTR (obviously, to increase their position), then they revert back to their original creative.

Uno Rank, Jan 31, 2005 IP