1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need to start an online business about DIY & Beauty. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Youmna Aly, Nov 2, 2015.

Hi everyone,
    I'm a 3rd year medical student in Egypt. I love love watching videos & posts about DIY & Beauty stuff (Home Decor, Organization, Makeup, Healthy Foods,...etc.) and applying them in real life.

I want to have my own independent source of income from online work because i don't have the time to work on real land due to the niche of my study. And yes i still live with my parents and yes i still take monthly allowance, though i'm almost 21 :D !

I tried selling a couple of gigs on Fiverr; working as a typist, virtual makeup makeovers for photos & writing a mini article about anything concerning beauty. Actually the only gig that was sold was the Typist job but still not that good (only 8 gigs sold in about 6 months).

I also tried posting links and photos on instagram, twitter, tumblr & pinterest and monetizing them with adf.ly but still unsuccessful. I realized u cannot get enough money doing that.

I wanna utilize my passion to DIY & Beauty into a successful way of making online money. I want to make about $50 a week as a start, so i'm not rushing the big profit as long as the minimum payout is acceptable.

The big advantage about the niche i love is that it's not that popular here in Egypt. Girls don't usually search how to do ur own makeup at home for example because they don't even know they could! So when u tell someone about a DIY u just made at home, they look amazed! But still of course i'm not just targeting my local country, i'm speaking worldwide.

I'm not a type of person who writes a lot or like writing, but i do it from time to time. So what do i do? Do i blog, start a youtube channel, create products?

Youmna Aly, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  2. Floyd Arthur

Floyd Arthur Member

Best Answers:
    $50 is not that hard to earn for a week.

Create a blog, add your tutorial text content and create a video then add some pictures. Promote like crazy like what you're doing already. Add some twist to make it viral then at the end of the video or post, link it to an affiliate product so you can get commission. Make at least 1 posts a day. In one month you can have at least 30 posts. Maybe in adsense alone, you can get it after a month or two. You can even sell ads on your site or review products for commission or a fee. If you can get a product with at least $25 then you'll just need 8 sales in a month. How if those affiliate commissions are recurring? That would mean you can just work one month to achieve your goal.

Floyd Arthur

Floyd Arthur, Nov 4, 2015 IP
  3. abdmjz

abdmjz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create a website and then promote it everywhere including social media, tube sites, pinterest, instagram etc facebook alone can give you a considerable amount of traffic... so be active everywhere and slowly start building links on relevant sources.

Best advice i can give is to stay active in search engine optimization / promotion / marketing sections in this forum.

abdmjz, Nov 4, 2015 IP
  4. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    the first thing is to market yourself for people to know you. You can create a website where you can advertise yourself. use the social media platform to sell your idea. make sure you are patient for you will not see results instantly.

kimanierick, Nov 4, 2015 IP
  5. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely start a blog and go from there. Find some affiliate programs that work for you. I know some people in that niche that do well with Avon and I believe you get something like 20% on all internet sales. Not sure if it's available in Egypt, but hopefully it is.

But yeah take your time blogging about what you love and build a big following and you can find other ways to monetize your blog as well. Good luck!

Nick B., Nov 4, 2015 IP
  6. Youmna Aly

Youmna Aly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank u all for your enthusiastic advises! I will start with a tumblr blog and see what i can do :)

Youmna Aly, Nov 9, 2015 IP