1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i need to learn programming languages from the zero level !

Discussion in 'Programming' started by S/ash, Feb 3, 2012.

hey all !i need to learn some important languages, i heard that java and PHP and visual basic is good in the current days, so please help me and advice me which one is suitable for computers engineers !, and which one i should start, and just to know i need to learn them from the zero, so which one i must handle it up and from where to get the lessonos !Thanks

Solved! View solution.
    S/ash, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  2. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I think PHP is the best!

drhowarddrfine, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  3. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    java is more important, especially for programming at mac

Ella_Z., Feb 3, 2012 IP
  4. S/ash

S/ash Banned

Best Answers:
    ok, let's say i'll start with java from where i'll learn it ?

S/ash, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  5. phxadam

phxadam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Java is important because it can be adapted to almost any platform, but PHP is easier to learn and is better for web/database development. If you are interested in books I suggest this publisher: http://www.wrox.com

phxadam, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  6. S/ash

S/ash Banned

Best Answers:
    ok, so you advice me to learn via books, there are no videos toturlias for java ?, i think lynda is good, right ?Thanks again

S/ash, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  7. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I think C is the best!

drhowarddrfine, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  8. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1. ALL languages are important
    2. You HEARD? In other words you are basing your search on GOSSIP? That is no way to approach a life decision.

Before you choose a language, YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT FOR. Not all languages do all things. So, backup and DECIDE WHAT YOU NEED TO DO and DECIDE WHAT FEATURES YOU NEED to do what you want to do. Only then can you sensibly decide which language(s) to learn.

mmerlinn, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  9. Killswitch Deepak Thakur

Killswitch Deepak Thakur Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am going to learn html this year...I know some of it

10. S/ash

S/ash Banned

Best Answers:
    i know that they are all important, and i want to learn them all, but now i want to learn Java as the first one, so do you have a Source for teaching this languege ?!

S/ash, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  11. S/ash

S/ash Banned

Best Answers:
    another this i heard that Javascrip differ from Java, what the deffernces between them !, and which one is important to get start

S/ash, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  12. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Java is the best!

drhowarddrfine, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  13. S/ash

S/ash Banned

Best Answers:
    ok, but is java a language and javascript another one !, or thery are the same ?

S/ash, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  14. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Java is totally unrelated to JavaScript. JavaScript was originally created to run in the browser though it can, now, run on the server. Java can run on the desktop and just about any device.

15. riteshsanap

riteshsanap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Java and JavaScript are totally different, but if you need to learn JavaScript i considered first learning jQuery by that way its easy, :p i learned jQuery first because its lot simpler then JavaScript itself, and nowadays people use jQuery more then JavaScript, even jQuery gives some support for AJAX so its cool using jQuery

riteshsanap, Feb 4, 2012 IP
    Well, for a Computer Engineer, or Software Engineer, it use to be C++ (and before that C). And, if you could not handle that language you were not considered much of an Engineer. Most all the languages are similar in that they do the same thing. Exceptions being list processing languages such as Prolog or LISP. I have studied about 20 such languages and professionally programed in about 6. PHP is in the class of scripting languages, which means that the program is determined at run time. VB originally is in this class too. Java was innovative in that it meta-complied. That is why it can cross-platform. It is compiled into a metacode then it runs on a meta-interpreter that is machine specific. C++ compiles and from there on is machine specific, but famous for having compilers for any machine platform and also ideally if you can compile code for one platform it should also compile for others.

Oh, yeah, and Java and PHP were pretty much derived from C++ so the languages have a lot of similarities. Whereas, Visual Basic came from Microsoft Basic, which is Bill Gates and Paul Allens original claim to fame and first big score. Supposedly basic and easy to use because it was closer to regular language and so more easier to understand. Whereas, the C++ (again originally C) was more focused on making it easier on the compiler engine and was purposefully terse and to the point.

There are plenty of Publishers and online help. WROX is one I use to use alot. Good Luck and Have Fun!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
    briteday, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  17. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    This guy is a clueless fool and a liar. jQuery IS javascript and you can't use jQuery without it.

18. riteshsanap

riteshsanap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey i know , JavaScript and jQuery are same, but jQuery is lot simpler then JavaScript, atleast for me.

riteshsanap, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  19. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    So they're the same thing only different. Gotcha.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  20. spaculus

spaculus Peon

Best Answers:
    Very Good...

If You want to learn the Programming Language then Start with the C. Keep More programming in C small programs and clear your all funda about the Basic syntax. C plays the Greate importance in to learn all type of Language. It will help you to increase your logic power. After then Start to learn and Understand the OOPs concepts with C++. And increase your OOP funda. Remember U learn any Language, But the funda behind all the language is same. And The C is the Mother of all the language.

spaculus, Feb 9, 2012 IP