1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need some suggestion on php session and firefox tabs on intranet

Discussion in 'PHP' started by baris22, May 18, 2011.

hello all,

i am developping an intranet for a shop. it is like a shopping cart. the problem is sometimes i need to use more than 1 tab for different customers while taking orders.

if i use session it does not work because all the tabs have got same session. how can i keep different shopping cart on different tabs?

regards
    baris

baris22, May 18, 2011 IP
  2. shofstetter

shofstetter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I think you may want to redesign you program to make it so that you can switch between your different carts in one tab. I ran into the same problem. I ended up using ajax to allow me to do a number of things that would otherwise be impossible.
    PM me with your email if you would like some detailed help with it.

shofstetter, May 22, 2011 IP
  3. Sefrez

Sefrez Peon

Best Answers:
    With where you are at, you will need to have separate sessions/threads. You could use a parameter through the url (ex (*).php?cartid={id}) where {id} is a unique to a cart to limit just to that cart. This would allow you a way to use PHP to then differentiate "tabs". But really, it could be done all kinds of ways.

Sefrez, May 22, 2011 IP