1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need some layout ideas for my site

Discussion in 'CSS' started by infinity79, Oct 25, 2014.

Dears,

My site is based on foundation CSS - which is really great! Unfortunately though, I ain't no artist. So, even if I pieced together how foundation CSS works, my site looks really bad.

And now my request to you: please take a look to www.toatecuvintele.ro and give me some ideas on how to improve it. How to make it look professional, only by changing the CSS file.
    SEMrush
    This site stands for a dictionary. The sites that I like how they look and would like to apply the pattern are: sourceforge.net and quora.com (when you are not logged in).

infinity79, Oct 25, 2014 IP
    SEMrush
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well after looking at the code and puking. I suggest you learn some technical basics before you start adding more trash to the internet. Forget foundation and all the rest of the "easy" trash. If you don' have the time or ambition to learn how to write valid code then I would suggest you hire a professional to do the work for you.

COBOLdinosaur, Oct 27, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not knowing the language it's hard to say, but really it looks like you've just slapped together a bunch of elements without even THINKING about what the content of the page should be. Content should dictate markup, content and markup dictating your layouts within the capabilities of the devices you are planning to support.

Really you just have a slew of DIV slapped together any old way with nothing remotely resembling "semantics" -- which is the polite way of saying "using HTML properly".

Though when it comes to bloated inaccessible garbage like "foundation" methinks we have a different definition of what "really great" means. You've got 9k of markup to deliver 323 bytes of plaintext and one form -- as much as three times the markup needed, mated to a ridiculous 330k; half that seems to be endless pointless "JS for nothing", the other half being a ridiculously absurd amount of CSS to the tune of ten to fifteen times what any site really needs... That latter part being almost entirely that "foundation" framework's fault, with it actively encouraging developer ineptitude.

deathshadow, Oct 28, 2014 IP
  4. Bharat Aggarwal

Bharat Aggarwal Banned

Best Answers:
    if you dont no css hire a designer for your website , if you have money problem take help from google , or you can downlod template according to your website and change according to your website . you also need to learn css and html downlod a template and open its file in notepad than try to learn how template designed by css.
    if you fell any problem pm me here or on (skype: premium.seo)

Bharat Aggarwal, Dec 11, 2014 IP
  5. saheemnet

saheemnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your website is great and clean!!!! Seriously I loved your css ,,,,

saheemnet, Dec 14, 2014 IP
  6. WzForum

WzForum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just search for free html5 + css templates which you like, and build up from there!

WzForum, Dec 15, 2014 IP