1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need some advice.

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Roman, Nov 30, 2005.

I am involved with a new company and we want to register the .com and .ca version of the name. Our main business is Canadian and we want to target Canadian SEs.

Q1: should I develop the .ca and point the .com at it or the other way around?

Q2: Should I register with a Canadian hosting company or does it matter?

Q3: Any recommendations on hosting that will let me register .ca and .com?

Thanks
    Roman

Roman, Nov 30, 2005 IP
    STVP likes this.
  2. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you're targeting the CA community, I recommend using a .CA as the primary domain. That way they know right away that you are based in Canada and not elsewhere. As I see many country-specific companies using domains like .com.au or such, I know right away they are based out of AU.

It doesn't matter which registrar you use, GoDaddy does .CA's I believe. Any of them will work though.

Any host should work just fine. I have a dedicated server for my domains, but I suggest using DreamHost.com or Site5.com for hosting. If you're looking for something on a pro-professional level, I have recommended www.inmotionhosting.com to a couple companies.

fsmedia, Nov 30, 2005 IP
    Roman likes this.
  3. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your input. None of those sites you posted seem to register .ca, but I found a good Canadian hosting company. I will take your advice and develop the .ca.

Roman

Roman, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  4. jbw

jbw Peon

Best Answers:
    http://premiumhosted.net/ will register .ca and .com for you. I think you need to email them to do it though.

I second the recommendation of using the .ca if your target is Canadians.

jbw, Nov 30, 2005 IP
  5. Discreet

Discreet Guest

Best Answers:
    http://www.10dollar.ca I use them to register all my .ca domains. It's a little drawn out when you first do it because you have to go through the registration policies of canada and agree to them, but once you've done that it's really fast :)

Discreet, Dec 1, 2005 IP