1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need ideas on what to code..

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Hardik Manktala, Aug 19, 2015.

Hello there,

I have learnt several basic programming languages but now I am out of ideas on what to code.
    I know PHP, HTML, JS, C# and C++ (can also do a bit of Android).
    Can you please suggest me on what should I code now? Something which I can sell and something which has some commercial value?

Thanks

Hardik Manktala, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  2. 5ervant

5ervant Active Member

Best Answers:
    Using PHP, HTML and JavaScript languages, you can develop nice scripts and web templates to sell.
    Using C# and C++ languages and a bit of your Android skill, you can provide services for those technologies.
    Go find the right places and offer your services and/or develop some commercial scripts and programs!

5ervant, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  3. Hardik Manktala

Hardik Manktala Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, thanks for reply. Can you please suggest some specific market interests which I can work on?

Hardik Manktala, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  4. 5ervant

5ervant Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found your Fiverr under the user hardikmanktala.
    You already found some works in that place, you can also post gigs related to your programming skills.

Can I ask why you've set to become currently not available for orders in that marketplace?
    Don't you like their 20% commission rate?

5ervant, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  5. Hardik Manktala

Best Answers:
    Well, I can hardly find any time these days to earn some extra cash + their 20% commission is one reason. Getting 3.82$ for making a logo after a lot of work and revisions.. I don't find it worth it :/ And there are many people with similar gigs on Fiverr so it's a very packed place.

Hardik Manktala, Aug 20, 2015 IP
    Harvey13 likes this.
  6. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a marketing and packaging problem. You need to believe in your services and you need to know they are better. Therefore you make your version of the logo very quickly for $5. Any changes and revisions costs extra.

Anveto, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  7. 5ervant

5ervant Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dare to disagree on that, revisions will always free until your buyer become satisfied to receive a 5 Star review.
    Make the background editing and the including of a PSD file your Gig Extras, and a lot more strategies to increase your earnings.

5ervant, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  8. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Places like Fiverr and similar are completely idiotic, and I wish they would disappear completely. Why? Because they lull customers into thinking that this is the going rate for different types of online work. Which of course is ridiculous, but when you can actually get a decent logo made for $5, why wouldn't you use the service?
    As for the OP, I would suggest trying to do some local market research - check out local businesses, offer to update their webpages / design etc. for cheap, and get some content in your portfolio. Find niches that doesn't have decent localized content (if that content is just a translation to your language, go for it) etc.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 21, 2015 IP
    Hardik Manktala and Harvey13 like this.
  9. Hardik Manktala

Best Answers:
    I don't wanna work locally as people around me (Indians) suck to max. Plus there's no scope of employment here in local area. So I must opt for online business.

Hardik Manktala, Aug 21, 2015 IP
  10. jazmyn

jazmyn Member

Best Answers:
    What my experience says that you should bend over Android because it has occupied the world in terms of OS.

jazmyn, Aug 21, 2015 IP
  11. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, so no real local market. That is unfortunate, because local businesses is a great way to build your portfolio. However, offering up your services online is of course always a possibility. I would perhaps join as many freelancer-communities as possible - granted, there are many people competing for every single job, but you might get lucky and find something. And if you do, and deliver a good product, then your status on that forum will increase, and it'll be easier to get another job, and so forth. Granted, it's grudge-work in the beginning, and you'll probably work a lot more than what you get paid, but it might be one of the few ways you can actually create a name for yourself. You can of course try to make WP-themes - if you make good ones, and price them well, you might earn quite a bit of cash on that, just from random people buying your themes. However, most reputable theme-markets cost money to join, so...

PoPSiCLe, Aug 21, 2015 IP
  12. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "I have learnt several basic programming languages but now I am out of ideas on what to code.
    I know PHP, HTML, JS, C# and C++ (can also do a bit of Android)."

But all every one has been talking about, is designing logos!
    Why just logos?

There is always a demand for interesting web projects and from what you say about your coding repertoire, with a little bit more experience, you should be able to work on web projects.

If you can look into some of the great scripts that are available, you would really be able to create some interesting sites for your clients!

mytechiestuff, Aug 24, 2015 IP
  13. ihebfarhat

ihebfarhat Peon

Best Answers:
    you can code a template for wordpress and sell it

ihebfarhat, Aug 25, 2015 IP
  14. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You obviously have NO GOALS laid out for what you want to do FIVE years from now, nor where you want to be FIVE years from now. Just remember, if you do not know where you are going, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE ARRIVED.

So, first, before you take on just any job, sit down, determine EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS, then start making choices that ALWAYS move you toward that goal. Just to be clear, IT MIGHT MEAN THAT YOU ABANDON PROGRAMMING ENTIRELY, or it might mean that you will be eating and sleeping programming for the rest of your life.

GOALS FIRST, then incessantly work towards those goals.

mmerlinn, Sep 5, 2015 IP
  15. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There isn't a whole lot of money in writing code, unless you are going to sell templates/themes.

Spend your time with content creation and SEO and you will earn more money faster.

Matthew Sayle, Sep 5, 2015 IP
  16. indigobean2003

indigobean2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So what I would do, if I where you, would be to head over to Flippa, the marketplace for websites.

Using Google and Flippa's filters you can find auctions of web apps. They post all kind of info on auctions like age, traffic income and so on.

I don't recommend cloning a existing product. Instead try and improve or change it a bit.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    indigobean2003, Sep 8, 2015 IP