1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Need Hosting: Expandable, Cheap

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by CosmosCR, Jun 22, 2006.

I need to host multiple domains. I want alot of programming languages. I want it to be expandable, if i start getting alot of hits, I dont want it to screw me over with bandwidth limits.

CosmosCR, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  2. moneyspeaks

moneyspeaks Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i use hostgator.com, best value for dollar i think, unlimited domains/emails, good bandwith. I have about 10 sites now, with descent traffic mabye 500-1000 a day, no bandwith trouble. Many more sites to come, just no hyip's or autosurfs at hostgator.com

moneyspeaks, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  3. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i have some spare space on my vps, pm me your needs.

just-4-teens, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  4. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    www.servage.net offers 75,000 MB webspace and 1,110 GB bandwith, an unbeatable offer at $7.50 monthly, unlimited pop email and the usual, php, mysql, etc. and host up to 25 domains at no extra cost.

If you use my promotional code (CUST12535) when signup, I will appreciate it and you will receive 5000 MB of extra storage to complete 80,000 allowance in total.

Mystique, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  5. john2006

john2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Overselling host of the month! :D

john2006, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  6. CosmosCR

CosmosCR Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    this offer seems pretty cool. Ill def use that code if i end up choosing it.

Can i see the site you host on it? you can PM it to me if you choose.

CosmosCR, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  7. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am not referring to www.servage.net but normally I never go for hosts that provide huge bandwidth and webspace. The reason is that they limit the resources on the other hand and at the same time these companies host a lot of sites that consume much bandwidth/ resources and results in poor speed and downtime. Maybe I am wrong but that’s just my experience :)

Agent47, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  8. john2006

john2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    DON'T do it, it's pure overselling; they offer more than they can handle. If you don't believe me, visit webhostingtalk.com and ask what THEY think about this offer. I already know the answer... :rolleyes:

john2006, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  9. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    webhostingtalk is no more a reference. Everyone's just whining over there. It's not even possible to get an idea if a webhost is good because someone will complain about it in your thread and you'll be wondering. Just stick to what you think is good. I've been on servage with one of my friend and the service was great, they've been getting higher plan since then... (we don't use it anymore because my friend didn't have time to operate his website anymore and he was the one paying for it).

I don't know how their service is now but if it's still what is was back then, then I'd recommand them.

tomzx, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  10. Mystique

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Servage is good, I know it because after a whole year I have never had problems with hosting, performance, support, etc.

pm sent with further information and performance report ;)

Mystique, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  11. SteveIrw

SteveIrw Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We use Aplus.net and they allow to host multiple domains with one account. Recently they offer dedicated servers with price less than $50 and you can install there any software you want.

SteveIrw, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  12. Mystique

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Resources are not limited at Servage, in fact is the only host where you have the ability to turn on and off php safe mode by your own hand (throught the control panel)

On May Servage ran 100% uptime according an external monitoring report watching a friend's site (hosted there) .
    Average uptime in the last 6 months has been 98.815% (Hyperspin)

Speed is not always hosting dependant, poor developed websites will be slow even in the faster website. According to other report (Silktide)on the referred website, the average response is this:

if you need the url of such site pm me for further details... sorry my friend does not want the address disclosed on topics until he finish some fine tunning to his network sites, from which this is the top ranked site, making him move his other related sites to servage... just a few days ago :D

Mystique, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  13. ajayr

ajayr Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Try www.dreamhost.com They offer 1 TB of bandwidth, 20GB space, unlimited domains, 1 free domain reg for less than $8 per month (when prepaid for 2 years). If you use my coupon code USD50 you will get $50 off on your order.

ajayr, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  14. john2006

john2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's with some many things; you need to see the global picture. If people all complain about company X and you read the same complains on other forums, then what would convince you to still try that host (unless you have the time to do 10 trial runs before you finally decide)?

When will you be more frustrated with yourself; when you picked that host that turned out to be crap when 50 people one several forums already told this or when you pick a host that turns out not to be as good as all those 50 who said it would be good?

john2006, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  15. john2006

john2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How can you call a hosting company good because of one single experience? Also what kind of site are your running? I met several people who were very happy with their host, yet when you digg a bit deeper it turns out they have less than 1,000 visistors/day, have pages that are all html and don't even use MySQL and if they do they only use it to run a small script, which is about the only script they actually use or they use only 2% of what their server has to offer.

Things are not all that straightforward as it may seem to you.

16. john2006

john2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And as for the prices you guys mention, these are all shared hosts. It also conforms again that you guys are running rather small sites on these hosts that also use few resources. Ask anyone who has a medium or large site and makes heavy use of MySql and PHP what kind of host to use and they all advice to go for dedicated (even VPS is not an option, it's just basically a shared host too) and trust me, the prices for dedicated are much(!) higher than these shared hosts for less than $10/month. ;)

17. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If your site is going to be big (really big traffic puller) stay away from these 5$/month hosting providers....they break as soon as your traffic becomes half of your allocated quota (these guys host some thousands of sites on one server). They are good for small blogs/sites only.

I am using dreamhost and site5 both hosting and so far very happy with dreamhost. PM me for dreamhost coupon.

dshah, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  18. Mystique

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can call the company good because I'm hosted at Servage and Netfirms, in addition to 3 reseller accounts from different companies each one and owning 2 severs on my own, one Linux and Windows the other, again from other companies.

That is why... you met people but you are not hosted there so your opinion is not valid at all... most of those people you mention are out there moaning because Servage kicked them off due to abusive conduct running illegal forums (basically)... this is the reason why they generated over 1,000 visitors a day and excesive server load causing their suspension.

19. Mystique

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can we trust in someone who has no data in his profile or signature?... probably one of those guys kicked off :eek: