1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need help setting up website. thanks! DRUPAL NOOB

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by IanT, Apr 14, 2011.

Okay so I have a site partially constructed but I cannot get the content to display how I would like to.

the website is www.touchscreentextbooks.com

I would like the articles I have up to be under menu tabs so when you click on a menu tab that says "tips", then it displays a list of articles (with the article summary's).

Right now I keep hitting the problem of say create a static page "Tips", then how do i display articles on that page? all i have so far is itll say home...tips..etc and then you click on tips and it expands the children under the menu all funky, but there is no content on the page yet. i deleted all the menu tabs except for home so im back to square one...where do i go from here!

thanks!

IanT, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  2. kiramanic

kiramanic Peon

Best Answers:
    Use taxonomy. You already have tags displayed on each post, do you have a separate vocabulary for categories too? If not, how do you define which posts should be displayed under this "tips" link?

If you want every post to be displayed under "tips" and you're not splitting posts into further categories, your best bet is using Views to create a page layout that lists them all and add the view path as your link destination.

kiramanic, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  3. kawal24

kawal24 Peon

Best Answers:
    The best option is views modules.You can add whatever fields you would like to display for the posts and if integrated with panels then its even better.With panels you can customize which field is shown where.(left,right,bottom,top,middle,etc)(limit is your imagination)

If you want all the posts under "tips" category then follow this(Views module)
    1.Create a page with a title "Tips" (or not or whatever)
    2.Go to yoursite.com/admin/build/views
    3.Add a Node type view and select row style as Fields or Panel fields(if using panels with views)
    4.Under the fields add whatever fields you would like to display like Title,Add new comment,Tags,Display picture,etc
    5.Then you will need to filter that views to show only posts under category "Tips" by adding a filter as"Node type : Tips".
    6.Add the page display(or block display) and under Page settings define the path(url) to the Page "Tips".(from step 1)
    7.Add a primary link so that "Tips" appear next to home or in navigation header.(hope you know how to do that) or you can even add a menu under page settings while adding views
    You can see my website given in my signature.I have used views and panels.
    Please let me know if you need more information or have any problem regarding above.

Btw after visiting your website's page source i can see that you are using wordpress and not drupal.Maybe you have migrated.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
    kawal24, May 6, 2011 IP