1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need help marketing my computer repair service

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by lurifaxur, Aug 28, 2013.

I run a computer business where I take care of all kinds of computer problems. I know there's a market for it, I just can't seem to be able to tap into it as much as I would like. I have had some customers and they were all very satisfied, I've never had one complaint the entire time I've been doing this. (I do know how to handle a customer when I get one.)

But the problem is the low customer volume; it's not enough to live off of.

What I've done when it comes to marketing: I've put flyers and my business card in mailboxes, I've run newspaper ads (doing that right now), I've done SEO and I'm on top of the serps or at least close to the top for several keywords (but the problem is low search volume), and I've done Facebook marketing. The latter is not too effective, since almost all of my customers are 45+ years old and many of them aren't on Facebook at all. I've also done cold calling to companies, but it's difficult to know which to pick - so I'll just stick to calling them "all" and see what happens..:p

I'm going to write a press release tonight, but then I'm all out of suggestions. I'm on a low budget here, so not sure what to do that will make a difference.

Any suggestions?
    lurifaxur, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  2. Henry04

Henry04 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Henry04, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    They are not of Facebook, but they are definitely on craigslist. I've seen hundreds of computer repair individuals/companies advertising their services on it.
    qwikad.com, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  4. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hit up Craigslist!

Make VIDEO content and advertise it on Craigslist.

Also, reply for people asking for help with INDIVIDUAL VIDEOS.

This would get a huge response.

People want to "see" you before they invite you into their home, so REPLY TO PEOPLE ON CRAIGS with video.

Trust me. It works better than anything.

:)

Go for it.
    CandleKeep, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  5. lurifaxur

lurifaxur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I should've clarified this sooner - I don't live in the US, I live in Norway. :) So Craigslist is out of the Question.

Content marketing was a good one though, I'm gonna try that one and see what happens.
    lurifaxur, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  6. fppt

fppt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    HI Lurif,

Are you sure there are enough customer base / people requiring your service at all? And since you say, you've already performed the SEO (I assume you applied LOCAL SEO techniques as well).

Another great way for marketing is getting your company listed in Local Directories, Yellowpages and JustDial. It gives you more exposure than basically needed.
    fppt, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  7. lurifaxur

lurifaxur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'm pretty sure there are enough customers to go around - a *lot* of my customers have said that my services were valuable and that they had a lot of friends that probably could use my services. Actually, that's what I'm being told almost every time someone asks me what I do - "oh, awesome, I'll be sure to call you next time something happens to my computer". And no one ever asks about the price; the guy that called today is the first second one to ask about the price, ever. :)
    lurifaxur, Aug 29, 2013 IP