1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Need Help Finding my Audience

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Autif, Nov 25, 2015.

I want to offer classes in logic and reasoning. My classes will be structured in such a way to help my students establish a framework for problem solving (whether for themselves or someone else).

I'm thinking about starting off teaching my classes for free either to elementary students or adults.

This is a preemptive comment to a possible reply that I will receive. If your reply concerns your view of the lack of feasibility in teaching children concepts of logic and reasoning, I won't entertain that idea because any subject can be brought down to a basic enough level such that a child understands it.

If I offer my classes to adults, the demand on me is much higher for me to choose a specific audience. Every field has the potential for problems, so I'm having difficulty just choosing one specific audience. If you have any ideas that you think might help me find a specific audience for adults, I would greatly appreciate hearing them. Thank you.

Autif, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  2. peacelover20

peacelover20 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Would you offer online classes or what??

peacelover20, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you need to establish a framework for problem solving for yourself before you teach others about it. :)

That said, I would stick to adults to start. Everyone uses logic and reasoning, so the target(s) can be quite wide. I would suggest working on adults who could end up paying you or buying something from you once you have cultivated the market. This would lead me to professionals, businesspeople, etc. The key, of course, is that your training will need to speak to that specific person's industry. A lawyer, for example, is going to want problem solving training as it relates to his or her daily activities which are quite different from those of an aerospace engineer. So, the first question you need to ask yourself is in what industry or market do you have enough knowledge to be able to tailor your problem solving training to speak to that specific audience? Answering this question should go a long way to narrowing your search.

jrbiz, Nov 25, 2015 IP
    mediahost likes this.
  4. mediahost

mediahost Active Member

Best Answers:
    The way to sell to kids is to convince their parents. That is what Huntington and other extra-school companies do. Its also what Violin and Piano teachers do - "Help your child get into Harvard."

Marketing to adults is a different story. Off the top of my head, I would think that you should market towards people that would make more money from this line of thinking, like business owners per say. Targeting academics (young professors) might be interesting because this demographic seems to be more open to technology and new forms of learning.

If this isn't what you were asking, perhaps elaborate on the question a bit.

mediahost, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The best products provide a solution for a problem. If you really have no idea who your audience is you most likely don't have a product that provides a solution...yet.

NetStar, Nov 29, 2015 IP