1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need feedback on why my site is not ranking in google

Discussion in 'SEO' started by bdove23, Jan 17, 2017.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2017
    bdove23, Jan 17, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Looking at the on page stuff ... the review itself needs a review. You don't have to sell the concept of bluetooth speakers to people - although you could link to another article on your site for those who have been living under a rock for the past few years.

Text like this is clumsy as hell and won't be helping your retention. If something has a feature that causes something to happen that is a bad thing. I'd be saying something like "The battery recharges quickly to give you more than 10 hours of listening time" and leave the 3000 mAh to a detailed specs list. Most people won't have an understanding of the power usage of a speaker nor appreciate the relative battery capacity of it's competitors. What they want to know is how long it will play their music for.

There are "authority sites" such as pcadvisor who have reviewed the speakers and it takes more than a few backlinks and keywords in the url to beat sites like that.

When visitors do visit your site they're likely to bounce quickly because the page formatting is outdated and the "buy now" button looks spammy af.

sarahk, Jan 17, 2017 IP
    dcristo and GTAce like this.
  3. Al Mamun Mandal

Al Mamun Mandal Member

Best Answers:
    your site design is not attractive for user and content also short.If you want more traffic change your site look and get some profitable keyword for your niche.Then write content 2000+ your site must be ranked after few months and you will get visitor.

Al Mamun Mandal, Jan 19, 2017 IP
  4. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Site is not attractive for the users. So users will spend little time on the site. Also you need a good product page and you can offer description, images and reviews on the product page.

Also you need to improve the trust and reliability of the site.

-Need more pages

-Privacy policy, terms

-FAQ section

-User review section

LinkGenie, Jan 20, 2017 IP
  5. Ranjeet121

Ranjeet121 Peon

Best Answers:
    Here what I think you should.
    1: change the design of site. It's looking very odd (to me at least)
    2:Add SSL certificate. Google chrome is going to update and user will receive warning upon visiting webiste without SSL certificate. It also helps in ranking because it show that your website is secure.
    3: Write great content and structure it in good way. At the moment your content is not well structured. Add sub-heading and other stuff.
    4: Build quality links.
    5: Post new content regularly

Ranjeet121, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  6. Vices

Vices Peon

Best Answers:
    - keep this in mind bdove23

Oh, where do I start....
    1. Your website looks horrible. I may be rude, but that's the reality. And is pretty slow taking in consideration the design.
    2. About me page is empty. You only have some social buttons there but nothing that can give you credibility. Some for the contact me page.
    3. The homepage is terrible, just a bunch of ugly links thrown in there.
    4. Look at the sites on the first page of google for your keywords. They look better and are faster than your page.
    5. The fact that you built backlinks since 2015 is totally irrelevant. Quality, not quantity.
    6. You have non-working links on your homepage.
    7. That buy button is too big and the colors are weird for the overall "design" of your site.

Basically, everything is wrong to some degree. The sole purpose why you ranked in the first place may just be the lack of competition and pure luck.

You need a new design, get rid of the empty/broken links/pages, get some images - more than one would be good. Work on the loading speed and try to get some quality links.

Also, the formatting is ugly, the writing seems sloppy and unorganized. IMO you could use a bit bigger writing, on my laptop's screen is hard to read.
    Your site is not mobile friendly, it's 2017, get that fixed. Most of the new themes are already mobile friendly, you can test that here:
    https://search.google.com/search-console/mobile-friendly
    Code (markup):
    Start with one change, fine tune it, see how it works, then move to another change.

I don't want to strike as rude or hateful or mock your work in any way. I'm just to the point and blunt.
    Ask - implement - test - refine - scale that's what IM is all bout.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Vices, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  7. sbsl

sbsl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are saying right but here issue is for ranking. First website was in top 10 and now in second page. Design has very little to no impact on ranking. Bounce rate will be high no doubt. Here the points to check are -
    Keyword Density
    Content Uniqueness
    and Build back links from websites having good reputation in Google. Check for competitors what they are doing? I hope it helps

sbsl, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @sbsl Design was one little comment I made and I'd be surprised if Google hadn't found a way to measure bounce rate and if it wasn't a factor - after all that's the ultimate endorsement of the search results.

sarahk, Jan 23, 2017 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  9. sbsl

sbsl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is helpful to determine the effectiveness of content and design and it affect the business. It should not be more than 60%. Here i think competitors are doing better that's why ranking is down. Otherwise it should never be on first page but it was.

Here all i can see is Google ads!

sbsl, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  10. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Not true at all. Bounce rate doesn't tell you everything. Users could be finding the information they need and bouncing off the site.

dcristo, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I guess that depends on the context.

A bot would see a page that full of list info and interpret a quick bounce differently from a page heavy with essay type content. So long as you can measure the bounce the rest is easy. Remember, they're not out to punish the website, they're trying to improve the quality of their search results.

sarahk, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  12. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes. If the visitor is at the end of the buying cycle, they are looking to make a purchase, so once they read the product review they will click on the aff link and bounce off your site. Point being, a high bounce rate for a page could indicate you're giving users what they want.

dcristo, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    But that would be a slow bounce and the fact that it goes to a buy link will be taken into consideration. I can't prove that they do any of this but the raw data is there, they've got the smarts to program it so it makes sense that they're either doing it or will be.

sarahk, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  14. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    By slow bounce do you mean a high bounce rate/long time spent on the page? I've never heard that term used before, but that's a very good point.

dcristo, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yep, was trying to think of succinct way of saying it.

sarahk, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  16. WP Screamer

WP Screamer Member

Best Answers:
    Your Call to Action needs to be toned down, get an SSL and your Meta Description Tag should define exactly what your site is about!

WP Screamer, Jan 25, 2017 IP