1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need database help for my directory

Discussion in 'Databases' started by casachucky, Apr 24, 2013.

Hi , i got a message from my hosting company that reads like this:
    Hello,

This message is to advise you of a temporary block placed on your account. The database associated with "/home/suggest/public_html" was found to be consuming an inordinate amount of mysql connections, to the point of degrading overall system performance. While we do limit each account to no more than 25% of a system's resources in our terms of service, we do not actively disable accounts until they greatly exceed that number, which is what happened in this case.

Resolving this situation may be as simple as modifying the code to close connections sooner, adding additional indexes to your database, optimizing the queries used, or something equally easy. If not, it may simply be a matter of moving this database to dedicated services, as it may have outgrown a shared environment.

If you believe you have a solution to this overuse, we are happy to discuss the situation with you and possibly reinstate the database on the server. Otherwise, we will be happy to assist you with the upgrade process if a dedicated server is the most appropriate solution. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you shortly.

~
    Excessive MySQL activity is caused by (a) a long-running process that locks a table, causing other queries to back up, (b) a query that is not optimized ][example: select all from ... and involving a large or complex query], (c) huge table copies/maintenance during peak hours.

CAN YOU TELL ME MY OPTIONS

casachucky, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  2. cherryinfosystems

cherryinfosystems Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do a performance tuning and find out resource consuming queries and optimize it by adding indexes, If adding indexes doesnt solve it modify your query . Also enable caching. Hope it will sort out the problem

cherryinfosystems, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  3. StrayGun

StrayGun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest you must upgrade your hosting or create more backups

StrayGun, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  4. V_RocKs

V_RocKs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using out of the box forum software that is up to date and used by many, and you have not modified it in a way that adds in MYSQL queries (using PHP I assume) then you probably have a really crappy hosting account. Your available resources are probably so low when it comes to memory that any traffic to the forums creates enough MYSQL threads to fill the memory space allocated to you.

You might also have a lot of spam accounts being created by bots that want to set their profile webpage to a spam website. So perhaps you have 500,000 members. And on your low budget web hosting this table is now large enough to consume a lot of memory just to process somebodies login.

Your host might be running PHP_EXEC for their jailed environment. This causes a new PHP and MYSQL connection to be spawned on each call per user. There is no forking going on. So lots of memory gets used and can be problematic. Most likely you need to use a better hosting company.

V_RocKs, Jul 14, 2013 IP