1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need critical comments for my blog

Discussion in 'Design' started by Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar

Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar Member

Best Answers:
    one mor
    please take one more look and give me your comments now

Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  2. Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar

Best Answers:
    Kianu...please one more visit is required and need your feed back...

Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Screen shot 2013-03-15 at 7.12.01 PM.png

I think this is an improvement, both in using a shorter name and leaving the bio for your page on the site. I would probably use a smaller font for your name and then try to put it to the right of the image, just I think it is spaced better that way.

Okay, on this page, the English is improved and at least it is a whole sentence now... but there is still no ending quote. Anything that starts with a quotation mark needs to end with one.

I don't expect you do make every change I suggest, it is after all your blog and should be the way you like it. Did you change the color scheme of the post titles? Anyway, I don't love it. It is a little too much. I am into simple design though where I find less is usually better.

Screen shot 2013-03-15 at 7.22.49 PM.png
    On mouseover...
    Screen shot 2013-03-15 at 7.22.55 PM.png
    That was a little too much for my taste.

I would still change "Featured Postings" to "Featured Posts" and
    I would change "DISQUS_COMMENTS" to just say "COMMENTS"

Also, isn't the sections "Style & Beauty" pretty similar to "Fashion"? Seems like those could all be in the same section to me. Looking at the posts, it really does not seem to make sense why they are in one and not the other. I would get rid of fashion and make those threads part of Style and Beauty.

browntwn, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  4. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Always happy when someone takes criticism in the way it's intended. :)

Looks similar to me, though you got rid of my pet hate (the sharing thing), so that's good. Awesome video of the Tai Chi guy, by the way... woooo, freaky.

Ah, yes, always painful. Have you considered offering someone rev share? A fun project like yours, with the potential to take off and become very big is always attractive to people (me included) and, assuming you're nice people to work with, a native speaker/editor might be interested in throwing some time your way. Or even several people if the workload's large. They'd want to see stats, of course (posts per day, traffic, revenue) but it'd be worth a shot.

The subject is NOT the point. No one wants to read "How to easier your life with clever ideas", either... it's the grammar that'll prevent you making a dent in the English-speaking market. "Burning Christians: Hobby Or Hyperbole?" or "Burning Christians' Homes: [racial/religious group] In The World's Eyes" is a better title and doesn't have all the errors.

You're very welcome. :)

TIEro, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  5. Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar

Best Answers:
    Thanks to reply, I have finally done it now I am not going to change anything till 1 month:( so tired. Okay first have a final look again and tell me what you finally think about it...is it looks like "DONE":)

yup I am interested too...getting 500 to 800 daily unique hits. experimenting with adfly sort of affiliates...its not the right time yet:)

You are warmly welcome to be an author...what you say if yes then give me your email I will get you there.

Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  6. Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar

Best Answers:
    I am doing it only for me and I really mean it as I appreciate your time on my blog and took it seriously now you can see how I do it...

blogoftheworld

Thanks Bro

browntwn likes this.
  7. Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar

Best Answers:
    thanks to support me 4like...:).