1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying I need cheap VPS

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by JEET, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello,
    I used to have a VPS with burst.net for $60 an year. I'm looking for another VPS which could match the price.
    I'll install Kloxo on it myself. I don't need VPS management other than basic reboot etc.
    One "clean" IP is good, Two is better.
    I'd appreciate if webspace could be close to or more than 20GB, and some good amount of bandwidth. I don't want my sites to go down in the middle of the month.
    I'd also need shell access using putty.
    Can you provide something in this price range, or do you know a service provider that could?
    Please post a link below.
    Thanks

Oh, I'll pay via paypal.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    JEET, Oct 23, 2014 IP
  2. euro-space

euro-space Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Avoid cheap VPS resellers on the overloaded servers.. Usually cPanel comes with the separate licence for the VPS and it may cost extra $10-$20 per month.
    Getting a good performance and cheap VPS should start with the investigation of the company.
    Regarding the VPS plan, they should all support root access, SSH protocol and solid security for you. As well as PayPal payment option and money back guarantee.
    Cheers!

euro-space, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  3. euro-space

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This may look affiliated post, as internet is full of such recommendations , but they don't provide specific details like URL address of their website hosted with the recommended hosting provider, etc. So how do they know mentioned companies REALLY provide what they say here?

euro-space, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  4. xcesslogic

xcesslogic Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You can actually get very reliable VPS hosting between 3$ per month to 15$ per month.

xcesslogic, Oct 29, 2014 IP
  5. euro-space

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is not exactly as you believe. VPS is a bit more then $3, for that price you better look for a shared hosting instead, but VERY reliable VPS is impossible, as you may get a place on the overloaded server. I'm sorry..

euro-space, Oct 29, 2014 IP
  6. xcesslogic

xcesslogic Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree, $3 is a bit low. We are using 5 VPS hosting for our various clients and they are in range of 3$ to 99$ per month. Our clients websites and applications are of varied size. Obviously for a large load you will have to pay more. Our point was that even a 3$ per month VPS we are using with a medium sized size is working very well

7. euro-space

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can you please also share URL's of the mentioned vps accounts? Thank you.

8. xcesslogic

xcesslogic Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sure. Here it is a list on our website http://www.whlookup.com/low-cost-linux-vps-hosting-options/

JEET likes this.
  9. euro-space

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks, however I was not asking about the list of providers, but you mentioned you have clients , who are hosting with such a cheap prices, so client's URLs would be helpful and their own opinions too, as normally you can find many providers who may offer even free web hosting.

10. xcesslogic

xcesslogic Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ohh.. sorry.. I thought you need to check some options. If it can help I can tell you that out of this list our clients are using Prometeus, VPS.Net, hostwinds and Tilaa. All these are working fine for them and we have not received any complaints. Also hostgator is another option our clients with high load websites are using. Hostgator is a bit expensive but works well and their support is good as well as per our own experience.

11. euro-space

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It is a good promotion of your site however :)

Actually, what is your role between your "clients" and mentioned hosting companies we all know well?

12. xcesslogic

xcesslogic Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We are affiliated with some of these ( not all ) hosting companies. Many of them have been tried by us directly or indirectly ( on behalf of our clients)

We are an IT consulting company based in India and providing consulting and development services since last 8 years. Hundreds of our clients during this time have been asking us for hosting recommendations, and we have been providing that. During this time we have tried and tested atleast 50+ hosting companies ourselves and on behalf of our clients. So we know a little bit on which are good and which are not. Recently we thought why not convert our knowledge to a website which can save people's time who are searching for hosting and also earn some commissions (affiliate income) in lieu of this help. I sincerely believe that a little promotion is not bad if the content is helpful and relevant. Isn't it? We are not bombarding people with our links. Only telling to those who are looking for exact relevant information like you.

euro-space likes this.
  13. euro-space

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the explanation, hope somebody will find this helpful.
    Cheers.

euro-space, Oct 30, 2014 IP
  14. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Jeet, we can offer all that you ask with but one exception - we offer it for twice as much. Why so? Because our VPS hosting is KVM-based, unlike any other cheap . What does it mean for you? No lag, no overcrowding, nothing of that kind. you ALWAYS have access to the EXACT amount of resources you paid for. We also have 7 locations worldwide, meaning your servers will be ass close to target audience as possible. If you are interested - feel free to contact us in any way convenient. First month is free and if you are satisfied - we can work out a discount for you.

H0stZealot, Oct 30, 2014 IP
  15. euro-space

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And again , nice self-promotion :)
    BTW, any reputable hosting provider has KVM..

euro-space, Oct 30, 2014 IP
  16. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, I think replying to a request for VPS with VPS offers is not prohibited? :)
    By the way, SO MANY reputable hosting providers refuse to offer KVM for SO MANY reasons...
    Have a good day! :)

H0stZealot, Oct 31, 2014 IP
  17. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would recommend you to look around for hosting companies which can provide you with SSD CLoud VPS hosting plans. SSD plans helps with better performance as compared to normal HDD disk.

King-Servers, Oct 31, 2014 IP
  18. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why don't you mention increased cost of such plans as compared to standard HDD disks? She needs a relatively cheap plan and SSD Cloud is not the one.

H0stZealot, Nov 1, 2014 IP
  19. Sonwebhost

Sonwebhost Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    I could do that for you try my coupon and mention Digitalpoint and I will set the billing on your second payment to 60 dollars per year here is the coupon;
    First Month $10 On Value VPS Servers. Order today And Save Use Coupon 1MLWN5YTI3

Sonwebhost, Nov 13, 2014 IP
  20. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Anyone that is considering using a cheap VPS provider should ask their provider these questions:
    1. What raid setup will my account be on?
    2. Are the drives enterprise drives?
    3. What speed are the drives?
    4. What backup solutions do you have available?
    5. What happens if their is a security breach? Account hacked? What is their response to DDOS attacks?

Anyone can hack together a piece of crap hardware and throw in a cheap sata drive and start offering "cheap" vps and it might work fine for a year or two, but one day you might regret it. Ask yourself, if my server drives fail, and all data is lost, what happens to your business?
    Nearly every week there are threads on Webhostingtalk about people with cheap VPS that get terminated without access to backups after being hacked, or DDOS'd or other. Hell just yesterday some guy had pre-paid for 3 years, but 1 year in his vps is terminated with no refund.

You want a provider that works WITH you, and can provide you the support you need at the times you need it most!

I can recommend to you a couple of providers, but each one is expensive and out of your budget. But I can guarantee that they will look after you, look after your data, AND still be in business by the end of the year.

And this is more rare then you think.

matt_62, Nov 13, 2014 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.