1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need an embedded map that shows locations according to a schedule

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Domnopalus, Sep 22, 2013.

Hi there,

I'm a web designer coming from a graphic design background rather than a programming background (unfortunately), and I'm working on a project for a client who has requested a map that shows his general location in "semi-real-time" across the United States. He doesn't want to update the map himself through a phone app or anything, so no GPS is needed or anything like that.

What I need is an embedded map, into which I could enter a schedule (I'd need to be able to update the schedule of course), that would automatically update the map to 'light up' the locations according to what day it was/what's on the schedule for that day. I of course could make the graphics/'sprites' and map (or I could use a template if something like this is already available). Google maps is fine since it already knows locations, if that is helpful, but it would be nice to be able to "skin" it in some way so the map/pins look different.

So, what I'm asking is, does anyone know of a program like this that would do the trick? Something like this http://www.zeemaps.com/ is close but I don't think it's exactly what I'm looking for, as I don't think you can get the program to 'light up' certain points according to dates (maybe I'm wrong though).

If there isn't anything like this in existence already, how much might it cost to have one made by a programmer, and who might I look at as far as programmer choices go? Also, what script/code language should I be considering? Flash, Javascript? etc.

Many thanks!
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
    Domnopalus, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  2. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe you can tap into the google API and use pins and create boxes with captions, this would require you to hire a programmer though.

Jordan
    Original Hosting, Sep 22, 2013 IP