1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Need a Sitemap created for google/yahoo Will Pay $$$

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by fatwallet, May 28, 2007.

I would like to hire somebody asap to create a sitemap to submit to google/yahoo site is over 5000 pages. Please pm me if you interested in the project,and i will send you the site url. I also require for you to have at least a couple of itraders:)

Thanks...

fatwallet, May 28, 2007 IP
  2. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    allout, May 28, 2007 IP
  3. fatwallet

fatwallet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found that tool to only be good for 500 pages.

fatwallet, May 28, 2007 IP
  4. Arnett

Arnett Active Member

Best Answers:
    Send me your url and I'll see what I can do. Half down and half when the job is through.

Arnett, May 28, 2007 IP
  5. svajdlenka

svajdlenka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    svajdlenka, May 28, 2007 IP
  6. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    login, May 28, 2007 IP
  7. svajdlenka

svajdlenka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure, you must try. I don't make some limits there, it depends only web server settings.

svajdlenka, May 29, 2007 IP
  8. Arnett

Arnett Active Member

Best Answers:
    This guy claims that the site has 5000 url and should be easy to do with automated software and wants it done cheap. My software has been running for over 12 hours with over 24 hours remaining. I currently show over 8,000 records remaining to process. This number is down since I restarted the job with over 10,000 records in the url database.

This is a script generated site (php). Each new set of urls generates another set of urls to crawl which generates even more urls to crawl.....

Easy? Cheap? Sure, buddy. Let me know if you get this done before the week is over...

Arnett, May 29, 2007 IP
  9. Arnett

Arnett Active Member

Best Answers:
    This guy finally broke down and tried to create his own "sitemap". It may get all of his pages indexed and it may not. I'm betting on the latter. His is a script generated site. Regardless of the development language it is common for these sites to generate pages numbering in the tens of thousands. Of course,the whole site never gets indexed into Google. This is common with .php sites.

There is a way for huge sites to get indexed. It is outlined in Google webmaster hints. It takes a while to do. I got a 4000+ site indexed and it worked really well. Another thing. Google sitemaps and Yahoo sitemaps are different. Google prefers an xml sitemap. Check their webmaster tools at http://www.google.com/webmasters/. I'm not sure about Yahoo. Their search engine is pretty new. One file or set of files may work for both. I wouldn't know. I haven't tried.

Arnett, May 29, 2007 IP
  10. XandroZ

XandroZ Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to spend money a good software is A1 sitemap generator.

http://www.micro-sys.dk/products/sitemap-generator/

Generate sitemaps for your website, be that HTML or XML Google sitemaps. Rich template support for generating sitemaps and near-endless scanning options.
    The only problem is that it uses many resources.

XandroZ, May 29, 2007 IP
  11. Rian

Rian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    www.makeasitemap.com - unlimited pages Google sitemap maker.

This is a free service whereby you can create XML sitemaps for your website.

There is no restrictions on the number of pages.

Great tool for webmasters with large websites.

Rian, May 29, 2007 IP
  12. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Thanks for the nice words :)

As I am always interested in feedback, I would like to hear more about the "resources" issue though, either here, PM, or even better, email :)

It is true that default configuration is only good to about 100.000 pages (even when using a powerful computer), but it is also possible to reduce memory usage to e.g. 1/5, perhaps to even less for some, if need to be: http://www.micro-sys.dk/developer/articles/creating-sitemaps-large-websites.php

CPU, bandwidth usage etc. can be lowered as well.

websitetools, May 30, 2007 IP
  13. toufique ahmed

toufique ahmed Peon

Best Answers:
    search DP and buy any script/service of Sitemap generators!

toufique ahmed, May 30, 2007 IP
  14. st1905

st1905 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Working awesome really great service for webmasters.Thank you so much.Best sitemapper after coffecup`s original sitemap program.One word great.

st1905, May 30, 2007 IP
  15. Snoozy

Snoozy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Fatwallet, I do agree to evaluate your job offer with you in more details...

I can offer you to develop a php script to generate your google sitemap. You will be able to re-use it. This one will allow you to update it as often as you want.

As a reference, you can see my sitemap here:
    http://1game.free.fr/sitemap.xml

If you are interesting to go forward all together finding a solution, please let me know :
    - how is it urgent to you ? I'll then tell you if it is compliant with my agenda or not.
    - can you please send me the url of the site you are looking for a sitemap ?
    - what is your offer and the clauses ?

As you should have seen I am new on DP but remember one day you was new too ! As I've seen you have 3 positive itrades, let's consider I can accept to be paid after the work is fully completed.

We can continue discussing the point by email or private message... up to you.

Snoozy, May 30, 2007 IP
  16. Arnett

Arnett Active Member

Best Answers:
    Finally! This guy originally sought someone to create him sitemaps for Google and Yahoo based on a 5000 page estimate. I contacted him with a quoted based on hand-constructing a crawlable sitemap. He responded by wanting me to charge less and automating because he felt that the job was simple and easy....

I went ahead and ran the job on my machine. It wound up crawling and verifying 16462 unique urls. It ran three times the time that I had expected and tied up my machine for 27 hours. So much for 5000 pages.

There's a lesson for you to learn here. Don't fall for giving someone a total cost estimate on what they claim is a small job and then find yourself stuck having to honor a quote after having committed to doing the job. It's common in contracting. People run it at me all the time. It's the reason that you keep hearing about contractors being over budget and past deadline. The actual job was much bigger than what they were told they were bidding on. It's supposed to keep the job cost down but in the end the job costs just what it's supposed to.

Arnett, May 30, 2007 IP
  17. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Must be a very slow website and/or webserver if it took 27 hours to scan for 16462 urls !

websitetools, May 30, 2007 IP
  18. Arnett

Arnett Active Member

Best Answers:
    It crawled and verified every url in a script generated website. It eliminated all dupes and logged all exceptions. I use it on all of my own sites. This isn't a di*k skinning contest. Speed kills. Of course, you're selling a sitemapper. I've tried quite a few. 99% have fallen way short of their claims. I don't know your product and have no experience with it. I'm happy with what I have. thank you.

Arnett, May 30, 2007 IP
  19. Snoozy

Snoozy Peon

Best Answers:
    This is something to sell at : x$ (limited to 5000 urls) + y$ * nb of url above 5000) in the sitemap !

Good lesson !

Snoozy, May 30, 2007 IP
  20. ultimatehandyman

ultimatehandyman Peon

Best Answers:
    http://gsitecrawler.com/ works for me and is free!

It takes about 10-12 hours to index my site and that is over 50,000 url's, it generates sitemaps for Google and Yahoo at the same time.

ultimatehandyman, May 30, 2007 IP