1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i need a domain, does the TLD matter?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ly2, Dec 10, 2005.

i want to get a cabinet related domain. i found plenty of tld's that have "cabinet.***" avalible but will the country tld have an effect on SE results?

ly2, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    As far as SE listings are concerned, no. For type in traffic it seems to matter. People expect a dot com. If you can get a good dot com would go that way.

Shannon

Smyrl, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  3. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i got custom-cabinets.org
    i hope its good for SE's.
    its going to be a page to help make jwpincorporated.com more popular. thanks for your reply!

ly2, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  4. zaphrod

zaphrod Peon

Best Answers:
    The name is not bad. Would be better if you were an organization thou. Did you try to purchase custom-cabinets.com? It is for sale or at least it says so on the main page. So is customcabinets.org for that matter. Good luck with the domain.

zaphrod, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  5. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well, we are a corporation> jwp incoporated.com
    i mean i know that
    "customcabinets.com" is prolly like 20,000 dollars. people are out of their fucking minds with domain name prices. id rather not ya know

ly2, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  6. zaphrod

zaphrod Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure customcabinets.com would sell, but if they would they would want a lot since it is their companies homepage. But the other TLDs are worth a lot less. Customcabinets.org is for sale for only $399. Might be worth your time to have a look.

Zaphrod

zaphrod, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  7. Spy

Spy Peon

Best Answers:
    .com is always the best way to go for now. Next would be .net, .org. On the rise are .us, .cc, .tv.

.Com is always most recognised.

Spy, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  8. frankm

frankm Active Member

Best Answers:
    True if you live in the US.

if your primary language is English, do check *.co.uk availability too.
    My biggest competition has a site <keyword>.lt ; where <keyword> is not a lituanian (? russian ?) word. they still rank very well on google (#2 or #3) for a search for <keyword>

frankm, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  9. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    This might be a good use for a .info TLD. Not only would custom cabinets do better in SE that the incorp. name (which is lengthy and unrelated :)), but with word stemming in Google and other engines, someone searching for "custom cabinets information" would find this easily enough I'd think.

wrmineo, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  10. Raiko

Raiko Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, I would probably go with an info. Having the product keywords in the domain is far more valuable than just your having company name. An org will work but the Info or Biz would probably be best. There may be some duplicate content issues if you plan on forwarding traffic from one domain to another though. You could have most of your content on the cabinets domain and then link to your corporate domain for strictly company info. I just woudn't put mirror sites up on both domains if that's what you had in mind.

Raiko, Dec 20, 2005 IP