1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need a blog buddy

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by slymarketing, Jun 14, 2010.

1. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can someone make a test comment on my blog. I am trying to figure this comment thing out.

gvannorman, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  2. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the great thing I've noticed about forums. People on them are always more than happy to help each other (at least in most cases).

Brice1088, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  3. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Gvann, I just posted a comment and I think it worked this time. Let me know if you need me to try again.

4. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    brice, thanks for the comment. I got all th wrinkles worked out.

gvannorman, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  5. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem, glad I could help.

6. jump32

jump32 Peon

Best Answers:
    jump32, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  7. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have just published two comments on your blog. It seems to be working.

slymarketing, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  8. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    I've added two comments, and will keep adding them in the future.

Awesome blog!

- Jens

9. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    I have created a Google Group in order for us to communicate. I'll figure out the rules later on, we can use the group to talk about them as well.

The group is invitation only, and will be all about helping and motivating each other when it comes to blogging and online business.

You can get your membership here: http://groups.google.com/group/blogbuddy

I think that this is the easiest way to share information inside a group. If you have other suggestions, please let me know.

- Jens

10. jump32

jump32 Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way, I think this is quite a good idea for everyone in this forum. Creating a community with eachother to build our blog readership and post comments on each othres blog. Im sure we all get readers but not active commentors. I'll comment on all the blogs listed in this thread. If you all do the same, that would be great for everyone, a huge motivator!

jump32, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  11. jump32

jump32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I'll do the same with your blog through out the day, and as new posts come online.

jump32, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  12. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    Having a place to communicate is a great idea. I am sure that the Google Group will help. There are some great posts in your blog and I am going to start using my Facebook as a way to get more people out there reading what I write. Even though I have mainly family on my Facebook. Thank you to SlyMarketing for this great idea.

gvannorman, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  13. kaylatahzan

kaylatahzan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, motivation is the key. Thanks for share sob!

kaylatahzan, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  14. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe today we could talk about what it is everyone is doing in this crazy marketing world? I think knowing more about what others do can only help us all grow and learn. I'll start.

I work for a SaaS company (Software as a Service), and we are new company just trying to get our name out there right now. We deal with direct mail/email campaigns but bring a whole new level of software and tech. to the game. We do a lot of things, but our focus is on our social sharing capabilities, bringing deals to customers and then giving them the ability to share the deal with their friends via facebook/twitter/email, and about 280 other social networks. We have had some amazing results and its really exciting.

From what I've seen on the forum I think I'm a little different then everyone in that I'm not running my own online business, but I'm still working on all of the same things as everyone else - site traffic, social networking, blogs, SEO, and so on. What about everyone else? I've already checked out Jens (slymarketing) and Gvann's pages, would like to know more about the other participants in this thread.

Brice1088, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  15. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    That's a great idea. I'll be fairly short, because I don't have much time at the moment.

I'm from Norway, and I'm head of marketing at a college in Norway, where I'm mainly focusing on recruiting new students. I have a masters degree in political science, but I've been involved in and have (some sort of) a passion for marketing. That's why I ended up working at the college.

I discovered that I wanted to share what I do when it comes to marketing and I wanted to learn more (a lot more), that's why I started blogging. After a while, I started to think about the business part of blogging and that I can actually earn money doing it.

So, I've decided to stay away from the college for two months, starting 1 August... after that, I'll be only working 60% at the college. I'm trying to do something else, but not sure what :)

That's me, what about you?

- Jens

slymarketing, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  16. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow Jens that's actually really cool. How is Norway during the summer? I'll be in Austria for about six weeks this summer and am trying to figure out some places to visit, if I have time that is.

Brice1088, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  17. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm American living in New York State. Right outside of Rochester.

I am currently unemployed and started working online for myself. I am trying to supplement my unemployment which isn't much when your used to having a income.

So, I am new to marketing but have done lots of reading and I am ready to put it all to work.

There you have it.

gvannorman, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  18. alananimation

alananimation Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there folks,

I have a new blog about Facebook and SEO

If you would like me to leave a couple comments in exchange for some of yours just reply with your URL.

Mine it http://fbseo.com/blog

Only 2 posts so far but more on the way!

Thanks guys!

alananimation, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  19. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    I've never been to Austria, but someday...

Norway is not known for the hot summers, but it's ok, and it can get fairly nice. At the moment it's about 20 degrees Celsius, and it's not raining, actually it's rather sunny. That's a really good day. During the summer it usually is between 20 - 25 degrees Celsius, which is a good summer. And hopefully the rain will stay away. As I remember, last summer was all about rain rain rain :)

20. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    I've been to the US a few times, once as an exchange student, and two times on vacation, but never anywhere close to Rochester (I think).

Unemployment sucks, but now you have the time to turn it into something really profitable.

You should read one of my favorite blogs, it's really inspiring, and it has turn a lot around for me, especially when it comes to passion and understanding what I really want to be doing:

http://www.illuminatedmind.net - Jonathan is an awesome writer.