1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need a blog buddy

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by slymarketing, Jun 14, 2010.

I've been blogging for a while, but something is missing. It's the comments and a little help.

When I get comments, it's usually just a few, but at times I don't get any comments at all.

I know, it might be because my writing and the topic is not interesting at all (it might actually suck), or it might be because of how I'm marketing my blog. I'm not sure. I know that I'm not doing all I probably should be doing to market my blog, but the writing, and the topic, I don't really know.

So, I've decided that I need a blog buddy (or several). One that can help me stay motivated, one that can help me with topics, and one that can give me pointers on how to improve my writing and my blog.

You'll get me as your blog buddy as well. I'll comment on your blog, and I'll help you stay motivated, I'll help market your blog posts, and I'll make your life a lot more fun.

So what do you say, do you want to be my blog buddy?

By the way, this is my blog:

http://www.slymarketing.com

PM me if you're interested.

- Jens

slymarketing, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  2. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just posted on your most recent blog post, because I had a very similar interaction recently. I'll try to go back and check out your blog when I can. I hope that I was helpful.

Brice1088, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  3. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is awesome, thanks a lot.

What's your blog? I'll read your blog posts as well and add my comments, and let's connect and motivate and help each other...

- Jens

4. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I posted a comment on your blog and Im going to tweet it. I am hoping that others who read your post will realize that it is the source of the comments or criticism that really matters. Those new to marketing need to learn the difference between spamming and legitimate marketing practices. Good Luck! Also if you would like check out my blog at http://moneyincrease.info

gvannorman, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  5. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do some blogging for the company I work for, amongst other things. The company is dukky. If you go to the blog section and type in Brice in the search bar, all of my blogs will pop up. I would appreciate some discussion in my two most recent ones. You've got some good material on your blog, I've enjoyed to articles I've read so far.

6. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    How do I find the website for the company? I did a search for dukky but it came up with a bunch of results.

7. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah sorry I dont think I'm allowed to post a link yet. You can get there by - www. dukky .com
    Than just go to the blog page, and type Brice in the search bar, those are most of the blogs I've done, but some of the other blog posts on there are mine, they just don't have my name on them.

8. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gvann - I tried to post some comments on your blog but it wouldn't let me. I did like those articles though, especially the one about coupons/deals and how they are a good way to save money. That is actually something we deal with at Dukky, but in an entirely new way. You will see what I'm talking about in my blogs or the other blogs on our site, it is some pretty cool stuff.

9. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    sorry brice, I went in and changed some of the settings. I was only allowing registered users to leave comments. Now I allow everyone even anonymous posters. Each comment just requires moderation.

10. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    Awesome. Thanks a lot. I'll visit your blog a little later and post some comments.

I agree, this is not about spamming, it's about criticism and motivation, and helping each other out. I'd like this to be permanent, this way all the people who join us will get the feedback on their blogs and it's all free and part of a community.

11. dangerdiabolick

dangerdiabolick Member

Best Answers:
    You need just motivation, If some one motivates you for 30 minutes, you get charged for 3 days with Full blogging power. I have realized and saying from my experience. Use social networks and build set of blogging friends. So that some one could be attached with you closely, may be your thoughts and his thoughts could go same .. All the best for your blog and visting your blog now ..

dangerdiabolick, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  12. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    I agree, motivation is the key.

I hope you'll join us in order to comment and get comments.

- Jens

13. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    I just tried to post a comment, but I was unable to do so...

14. asphalt

asphalt Member

Best Answers:
    It works fine for me maybe you should login to your google account first or blogger etc. in order to post a comment.

asphalt, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  15. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    Ah, that's probably it :)

Thanks.

16. Brice1088

Brice1088 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Jens thanks for the great comments on the Blog, I've always found that getting that first comment is key to getting a valuable discussion going.

-Brice

17. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    I should be the one thanking you :)

I agree, the first comment is always the most difficult one. I'll be commenting from now on.

18. gbrkaren1

gbrkaren1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there Slymarketing ( I like your user name by the way!) I am game! I have just started doing my blogging marketing and under the hand of a very successful blogger/affiliate marketer I am getting under way. So I think sharing ideas, motivating one another and making things more exciting for our readers would be a great way to add some enthusiasm to the process as well as help us learn and grow. I checked out your site- I like it too! Mine in in the process of being created... but my area of specialty is Free traffic generations. I use LinkWheels, RSS Feeds, Pinging, Google SiteMaps and blogging, article writing, videos and so one... let's see how we can be of assistance to one another! Let me know what your thoughts are on this and who knows - we may actually be of great benefit to one another!
    Warm Regards,
    gbrkaren1

gbrkaren1, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  19. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    Great. I'll PM you and we can talk about how to connect and keep motivating each other.

20. slymarketing

Best Answers:
    I logged into to my google account, but I still can't post any comments..