1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need 75 websites built in 2 monthes

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by brandondrury, Oct 7, 2005.

I'm looking for the most efficient (both time and money) ways to have 75 very nice looking websites built on the same theme. The websites need to look different so that when the average joe looks at them, he doesn't think it's the same site that he may have seen before.

I've actually contemplated utlitizing some sort of theme/template system in the way that forums often work. A new theme could be created, uploaded, and with a quick switch in the admin panel the entire site could drastically change it's appearance.

Another idea was to simply pay a web development company to handle such a large task. I have a decent budget, but I have no plans of spending more than I have to meet our goals.

The admin based template system does sound ideal.

Any thoughts?

Brandon Drury

brandondrury, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  2. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, get a reseller with fantastico. Select the cms of choice (joomla/mambo, drupal, wordpress, oscommerce etc). Click and install, you could do 75 structures in a day. Most have free/ paid templates available - upload, change headers, add content and go..

Design Agent, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  3. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I've done something similar, although a smaller amount of sites. I don't how different you want them to look, but using a main template with an admin is going to produce sites that are somewhat similar in looks. You can change images, colors, fonts, but they are still going to have the same basic feel to them. You might be better off developing 10 entirely different templates and them modifiying each one of those.

Since they deal with the same subject, you'll want to make sure the content is unique enough not to get hit with a duplicate content penalty. That would be another reason for not using the same template on all sites as the code would be the same.

You'll probably want to explore setting up multiple hosting accounts with different class "C" hosts to prevent the search engines from detecting they are sites with the same ownership. I had a problem with that even though the product was unique on each, and they had different dedicated IP's.

The Google patent also talks about checking registar information to discover ownership of domains, and while I don't think they are doing it in all situations, I believe certain sites may trigger something that flags them for the check. In the future, they may cross check all domain ownerships. Of course they might not do everything their patent talks about.

Running adsense would be an easy way for google to know that all sites share the same ownership unless you set up an individual business account for each site.

All this really depends on what your intent is with these sites and whether you are planning on relying on natural search engine traffic.

mjewel, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  4. brandondrury

brandondrury Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks.

Those are all good ideas. We are trying to cash in on business opportunity before it goes away. For these, short term, it's all on Adwords. So SEO is not even an issue for these sites. We do have other sites that we are pushing for with more longterm designs.

For us, it's more of an issue with human beings not noticing it's the same basic site. I don't care about the search engines on these.

Thanks
    Brandon

brandondrury, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  5. Muqadas.Wattoo

Muqadas.Wattoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    75 website mmmmmmm good and big task if all are not same. good luck

Muqadas.Wattoo, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  6. carlf

carlf Peon

Best Answers:
    yep, good luck! Worth posting a project on elance.com to see if anyone wants to take this on?

carlf, Oct 10, 2005 IP