1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need 24/7 Support

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Macarka, Feb 26, 2013.

I am a newbie in web hosting and need people who will manage my server for me. I need 24/7 support and prices should be affordable. I have found several offers, but the most attractive deals were from supportmonk.com, what can you tell about them? Thanks in advance.

Macarka, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  2. ahmedjadoon

ahmedjadoon Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want 24/7 live support that you should consider "Snoork Hosting".They are famous for their Dedicated servers and VPS but nowadays they are selling shared webshosting for limited time.Its $6.99/months and every thing unlimited hosting quiet similar to bluehost/hostgator etc!Forgot to mention, nobody can beat their 15 minutes response time and I recently read their report they had 100% uptime for the months of January and February!
    The second one i recommend is "Fatcow hosting".They are even older and TRUSTED than many big companies like hostgator, bluehost! They offer ONLY one hosting plan, that is Shared UNLIMITED and just to tell you my personal opinion about their support, its ALWAYS ON(Live chat)! They also have proo $38/year with free domain, maybe you try it!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    ahmedjadoon, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  3. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't comment on that provider directly myself, but I can say that any provider you go with should be offering you 24/7 support, at least on the technical side. Have you checked out the offers in the advertising section of DigitalPoint?

ironcladservers, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  4. Ghan_04

Ghan_04 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, without knowing more, it's hard to recommend providers. One possibility would be WiredTree. They are US based and have excellent managed support on all of their plans. I've used them in the past and would not hesitate to do so again.

Ghan_04, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  5. obosor

obosor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have server already and now you are seeking server management company? Right?

obosor, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  6. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You just need to buy managed VPS or dedicated server.
    Some of cheap managed servers providers are futurehosting and interserver. But you need to use cPanel to get the fully managed service and you may also need to pay additional fee for it.

dumindushalika, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  7. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Also check out wiredtree and knownhost for managed VPS or dedicated servers.

micksss, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  8. Techs@BC

Techs@BC Member

Best Answers:
    Macarka,

You might want to check out proactive server management services from Bobcares.
    http://bobcares.com/pro-active-server-management.html/

We have been in the industry since 2000.

God Speed!

Techs@BC, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  9. vpsguru

vpsguru Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Yes , i read post , all people are right but just couple company work good and provide you all what you can find on its website

I suggest you server on windows platform , windows virtualization becose is more secure then linux.

I think you have better knowledge about windows and you can easy make all what you want, but if you don't know linux, that is hard for you.

vpsguru, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  10. Clare12345

Clare12345 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We should also find out about your space/server requirements. What are you currently using? Are you sure you need a dedicated server vs a virtual private network vs a shared hosting plan? They all have similarities, but are best for certain applications. It would be easier to recommend something based on more information.

Clare12345, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  11. pricecomparisons

pricecomparisons Member

Best Answers:
    Just saw the post i highly recommend ACTSupport.com they are doing best with affordable rates you can just contact them for more information http://www.actsupport.com/contact/contact_us/

pricecomparisons, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  12. hranitel

hranitel Banned

Best Answers:
    I think proaxxs.net support services can be helpful for you.
    They offer high quality server administration services for hundreds of clients ranging from individuals & hobbyist to small & enterprise size businesses.

hranitel, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  13. BobbyMcNiel

BobbyMcNiel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What kind of server you want to run your sites?Is there any server location and adult content issu with your site?

BobbyMcNiel, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  14. PolkRB

PolkRB Active Member

Best Answers:
    What bothers me the most about this question is that some hosting companies offer 24x7 technical support but not any other support like sales or billing questions. I notice this even with bigger hosts and it bothers me a lot. How can you not solve my billing question at night? Are you closed at night to accept money from me? These things raise red flags for me.

PolkRB, May 3, 2013 IP
  15. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IF you don't understand the financial costs of keeping something like a billing department staffed 24 hours when the number of calls will be negligable and there is unlikely to be something so important to do with billiing that it can't wait a few hours, then perhaps you shouldn't be commenting.

Why do you need to have your billing problems sorted at night? Is that because you are not at work at night, yet expect other people to work at night for your convenience irrespective of the financial costs to the company to keep that service manned.

Support is something different as it's there to deal with issues that can occur at any time and in some cases will be urgent.

RonBrown, May 5, 2013 IP
  16. TiffanyJ.SSS

TiffanyJ.SSS Member

Best Answers:
    We offer free 24/7 support on all our services :)

TiffanyJ.SSS, May 6, 2013 IP
  17. BobbyMcNiel

BobbyMcNiel Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I think you took those web hosting companies in a wrong way who provide 24x7 services, they are not there to solve your billing issue but any issues related to their services whether it is a billing one or a technical one, one cannot predict that in which way the problem is going to come

BobbyMcNiel, May 14, 2013 IP