1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I made a Social Networking website. Pls review

Discussion in 'Websites' started by sbsl, Aug 7, 2021.

Hi,

I have made a social networking website. It's dreamvaasi. Com. I looking for some expert reviewers...
    1 Design
    2functionality

sbsl, Aug 7, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What's the beehive bit?

upload_2021-8-8_16-17-24.png

Let users do some simple tasks like updating their profile pictures while they're waiting for the activation email to come through.

One of the hard things with social networks is that when you sign up to review you have no friends. I tried to see what groups you'd added but kept getting brought back to the change your avatar page.

There was a thing to request verification so I did that but it was unclear what it was going to do, and how I was going to be verified.
    upload_2021-8-8_16-25-45.png

I tried to click on another person but that just returned me to the change avatar page over and over.
    upload_2021-8-8_16-27-49.png

Onboarding has to be really easy. It's still hard to convince some people to get a facebook account even when all their friends and family are on it, you have a much harder battle. People have to find it easy and instantly gratifying.

sarahk, Aug 7, 2021 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Nearly a minute for the cache empty pageload, to a broken form, broken layout, massive bandwidth wasting background image, NOTHING on the home page to tell me what the site is / is even for much less why anyone would/should want to sign up, Illegible colour contrasts with the dark blue over the black background, no scripting off graceful degradation or warnings, static scripting in the markup, endless pointless scripts for Christmas only knows what...

It's an epic /FAIL/ at web development. It sets off so many warning bells I'd never trust it enough to sign up.

When you've got 3.57 megabytes in 35 files for one menu and a login form? Toss it in the trash and start over, preferably once you've learned enough HTML and CSS to understand how to use JavaScript properly.

But that's to be expected when you try to turn shit-shows of how NOT to make websites like turdpress and woocommerce into a social media site. What was it I said in one of my recent media articles? If everyone could just sleaze together off the shelf answers any old way and be a success, we'd all be giant successes. Real life doesn't work that way.

deathshadow, Aug 15, 2021 IP