1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I made $900 affiliate commission only from CJ. Is that small?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by myclip, Jun 9, 2010.

?

How much is your CJ monthly revenue?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2010.
  1. <$100

44.4%
  2. $100 - $500

5.6%
  3. > $500

50.0%
    I have just switched back to CJ after a while and I am a bit happy with my current commission. I made $863.37 USD for May and June and still growing up.

I heard that many bloggers can make from 10-20k commission from CJ. How can I do that? Is my CJ earning too decent?

Here is screenshot of both both pending and locked:

[​IMG]

CJ has just now become one of the bigger part of my monthly earning on eblogtip dot com and you can see my May revenue.

I am now thinking that whether I quit adsense and move to affiliate marketing or not. Please advice

Thanks

myclip, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  2. Techjr

Techjr Peon

Best Answers:
    Good work. Making 10-20k a month will take some time and work to get it that far. The only blogger I knew to make that much had his blog for 8 years and posted daily. He also paid for all the services used and reviewed issues with them etc.

If you find affiliate marking paying much more then adsense then I would drop adsense. Not only does it make your site look better, less people will want to leave it.

Where are you advertising? You can pm me that info if you want, I heard you will be gone all month and may not be able to advertise and I could help you continue advertising on different sites if you would like until you come back.
    By the way your magicaffiliate banner is a bit low quality on my screen. Is there a way that you can fix that? It can entice more users to click on it.

Techjr, Jun 13, 2010 IP
  3. VirtualSalesMachine

VirtualSalesMachine Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a good inspiration way (for someone new at IM like me), seeing your earnings from CJ. I hope that I can, in a near future, achieve those goals, also. Good Job.

VirtualSalesMachine, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  4. jdhflip

jdhflip Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice going. I was thinking of trying CJ. Did you use CB at one time?

jdhflip, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  5. orik

orik Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are on the right track. You know how to make 900$, then you can make 1800 (900X2), 9000 (900X10) and so on.

orik, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  6. myclip

myclip Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, actually the magic affiliate is my modification, the original looks cool. But I edited to add my own coupon so people know how my they will get from that link.

CJ is new source of revenue for me and I am happy to learn to make more from it. I can not share where I am advertising on now, maybe later for sensitive reasons,

myclip, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  7. myclip

myclip Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your appreciation, I am actually in learning process to reach 10k/month from CJ to jump to higher level

myclip, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  8. myclip

myclip Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I hate CB as their products are at poor quality then I chose CJ

myclip, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  9. myclip

myclip Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish I could do this sooner buddy. Thanks for nice calculation but it is not easy like that :)

myclip, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  10. prince718

prince718 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Techjr..... optimized sites with adsense can bring in some good money. But many people shy away from ads like that.. But with Commission Junction and other affiliate programs, you can have several ads(affiliate links) on your site, and people click on them unexpectidly and naturally...

prince718, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  11. mnn888

mnn888 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, nice numbers! how many unique visitors you have for each months?

mnn888, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  12. myclip

myclip Peon

Best Answers:
    About 7k, it is not too much

myclip, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  13. aix4200

aix4200 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was trying to cross $2000 limit but find out my CJ account is terminated ..

:-(

aix4200, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  14. Crystal_Jobs

Crystal_Jobs Active Member

Best Answers:
    How do you guys actually promote ur affiliate networks? Newsletter, website or search marketing? :)

Crystal_Jobs, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  15. myclip

myclip Peon

Best Answers:
    what happened? it is better to share widely as many bloggers are interested in

myclip, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  16. myclip

myclip Peon

Best Answers:
    website mainly, putting banners that CJ provides and choose the discount and coupons banners that could get more clients to click on

myclip, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  17. BrianNC

BrianNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Newbie here. Could you explain that in a little more detail and give me an example of how you would put the affiliate links so that people click on them "unexpectedly and naturally"?

Thanks!

BrianNC, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  18. Bailey Ing

Bailey Ing Peon

Best Answers:
    Well done myclip,

Your commissions from CJ are very respectable.

Are all your commissions from producing coupon sites? If that's the case, you could choose a particular niche or product that seems to convert well or has a lot of traffic, then create a blog around that niche and make it into a mini authority site.

Also, why not build a list? You could tell people to join your list to get the latest hot deals in a certain niche, then send them the latest discount coupons to them. That way, your business grows aswell as just having the organic traffic converting.
    ;)

Bailey Ing, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  19. myclip

myclip Peon

Best Answers:
    List building is also a great way that I need to focus on sooner. Thanks for that. I usually choose the right niche and right products to promote, e.g. you can not promoting clothes on blogging niche blog right? Traffic is also an advantage but it is not a must to me. The important thing is that you choose right niche products and try to find out the biggest coupons/deals for those products, placing eye-catching banner at the most visible positions that all readers can see or write reviews about them, it will surely convert very well

myclip, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  20. myclip

myclip Peon

Best Answers:
    Many newbies need this too. Thanks for your head up

myclip, Jun 17, 2010 IP