1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Made $19.09 Using Adsense Yesterday

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sigadmin, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Crazy-Coding

Crazy-Coding Guest

Best Answers:
    congratz. keep up the good work ;)

Crazy-Coding, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  2. sigadmin

sigadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    I was asked about some tips and hints for what I did for my earnings. Here is a list of ten things:

• Choose a keyword phrase with low competition and a good amount of traffic.
    • Find competition by entering "KEYWORD PHRASE" into search engine. The lower the result the easier it is to rank for a specific term.
    • Good amount of traffic for me is 500 to 1000 searches per month. If you can get more searches thats even better.
    • Don't worry about click amounts of specific keyword phrases. For example the term "mortgage" is worth $5.00/click (just an example). You will be surprised to find out that you can get $1+ per click from terms you would not think would yield that high of a return.
    • I haven't hidden any of my ads. By this I mean I haven't blended my ads into my site template so that they would be mistaken for something else and get clicked. Not saying that this is wrong, I just couldn't do it because I'm not that good at template creation or html. My ads are all blended within the content of my articles on my sites.
    • I know it has been said you should update your content frequently but I don't. Once again, not to say that this is wrong, but I simply haven't had to do it. I put a site up, get it ranked pretty well and it stays ranked well for some reason.
    • Traffic is the key. Don't just settle for the first page of G. I started seeing real returns once I moved to #3 or better position. Don't stop trying to move up the SERPS.
    • Get links from all over the web. This means from article directories, directories, link exchange, social bookmarking, forums, etc.
    • Most Important: Once you get your links, ALWAYS track what effect they have on your site in the SERPS. Keep notes on if you submit your website to this many social bookmarking directories, if your site goes up in the SERPS or stays put. This will help you develop a formula for success.
    • Once you find your system, wash, rinse, repeat. This is pretty clliche but it is generally true. I can tell you that washing, rinsing and repeating will behave differently for different sites. Sometimes you won't achieve solid rankings for 1 month and somtimes you won't until 3 months down the road. But keep working at it and you will be successful.

I am not a writing major or anything so I hope these points make sense :) and I hope they can be of some help to someone.

And thanks for the kind words from everyone who replied.

Sig

sigadmin, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  3. RobPinnacle

RobPinnacle Active Member

Best Answers:
    sig well said, and congrats :)

RobPinnacle, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  4. markyd

markyd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, nice job man. My goal right now is to break 10 bucks a day. My highest is 6.69 so far :(

markyd, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  5. jwh335

jwh335 Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats on the money. I can't wait to see it grow more :)

jwh335, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  6. jmcdermed

jmcdermed Peon

Best Answers:
    I made 12$ Send your sites to jmcdermed1@yahoo.com and I will preview them and click.

jmcdermed, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  7. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can somebody ban this guy?

speed100, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  8. Mr.Sh2aWa

Mr.Sh2aWa Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got them Yesterday from one channel :)

Mr.Sh2aWa, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  9. liltobun

liltobun Peon

Best Answers:
    congrat to u manh.. LOLS

liltobun, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  10. Steam

Steam Guest

Best Answers:
    You have ads on 9 differnt sites?

Steam, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  11. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's a great earning mate! I made 9$ yesterday. But it is not consistent. One day it is too low like 0.3$ and another day it is sometimes up to 10$.

dairyman, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  12. sigadmin

sigadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have my ads on 9 sites but only 6 or 7 of them are what I call "solid" sites which are on the first page of G for their main keywords and are getting a decent amount of traffic. BTW, I just checked and I finally did make the $20 mark tonight ($20.81 so far) :)

Sig

sigadmin, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  13. birdz

birdz Peon

Best Answers:
    For long term success using adsense, I found the best possible approach is to first create a website that someone will find useful and visit more then once. If your site offers little less then ads for your visitors to click on, chances are you will never be satisfied with your adsense profit. For my most lucrative site, I have a return visitor rate of over 65%. And it has been that way for over a year.

Once you have this type of return visitors, then the next step is to avoid banner blindness. After awhile your visitors won't even glance at the ads. To compensate for this, I rotate ad placement and the types of ads.

At current I don't rely too much on specific targeted keywords. Although, I do have a couple of sites in the works that are all about targeted keywords and they will probably be launched sometime in the summer. At current I have 12 sites, 3 are stable, the others are in the works or I have plans for in the future.

I have had clicks as high as $36 per click, needless to say that is not the norm, would be nice though. I don't plan on quitting my day job with the google checks, but it is nice to get a monthly check from them.

Something I have noticed and exploit to my advantage is the fact that there is a lot less competition for non-english pages. So if you can translate your pages into Spanish, you have just doubled your total number of pages and generally the competition is a lot less.

Anyways that should help a lot of beginners out there and congrats on hitting $20/day

birdz, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  14. sigadmin

sigadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the comments Birdz. $36 for one click is HUGE! That is one thing that I wish I could learn how to do is get return visitors. I will have to try out the non-english pages and see what type of success I can get from that. Thanks for the tip and congrats on your success!

Sig

sigadmin, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  15. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    Are you for real??????????????????????

In case you don't get it, check something called "Click Fraud". It's a new issue that has just been discussed around 100000000 times :rolleyes:

16. mwafi

mwafi Peon

Best Answers:
    nice
    keep it up

mwafi, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  17. adsenseholix

adsenseholix Peon

Best Answers:
    you are so amazing sigadmin thats wonderfull income i think we must learn from you.

adsenseholix, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  18. lalitnagrath

lalitnagrath Banned

Best Answers:
    can u share your niche?

lalitnagrath, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  19. didonko

didonko Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice I want too ;)

didonko, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  20. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so true
    each word has happened to me and i have the same tips for everyone
    This has helped me to reach $30 a day
    Wash-Rinse-Repeat
    I m currently on my 3rd website and starting to work on 4th:)

COBSolutions, Jan 16, 2008 IP