1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I lost my hosting.... LACEHOST revoked my hosting and will not refund me

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Acecool, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missinglink

missinglink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The thread is getting ridiculous. If your database has gone it's gone, whether by accident, error or whatever its gone. Lacehost seems to be very straight and is willing to show that in the forums, while I am not taking sides, I think it is time to end this so as I understand the refund fee is about $10 I am willing to pay it myself just to close this thread. Which is going nowhere!!

missinglink, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  2. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont like being called a liar, he said that I deleted it, when I didnt... And Google cache sides with me showing that the database did exist until the datacenter was moved.. someone removed it after we moved to the new datacenter, or it was left and then for ishan to "prove" the db was NOT there before the move he may have removed it...

Facts: It was there on the old datacenter up until the move, and may have been on there afterwards..
    DB did NOT follow to new datacenter
    When asked, ishan posts photo of it NOT on the old datacenter in a blackmailing email to me...
    Google cache shows the db was there before the move, up to September 13th when the move occurred, and the db was not there on the 17th when we were on the new datacenter.

DB shouldnt have been deleted from the old datacenter when ishan regained access if all the logs and all were still there!!!

Acecool, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  3. SudoAptitude

SudoAptitude Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lacehost, you should refund him,if you had done it earlier you would have saved your image.

Right now, if anybody tells me they love Lacehost, I will gladly point them to here and show them that a customer had a serious problem and they wouldnt even reimburse him the couple of bucks they got off him (which was PREPAID).

Honestly, You should have just give him back his $11 or whatever once he started complaining, this is what most hosting companies would do, is $11 more valuable than risking the image of your business?

Lace host = lame host

Also cheap hosts usually = overselling = less than your paying for

This is just my opinion.

SudoAptitude, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  4. zomega

zomega Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been reading this thread and i have to agree. If for some reason the account was terminated then by law in most countries (especially India) one is entitled to get his money back as the service cannot be delivered.

It doesn't matter if it's a pizza you've ordered and could not be delivered while it was paid or webhosting. Policies mean nothing if they cannot be backed up by law.

So i don't understand why the guy who just paid for an upgrade doesn't get his money back and i'm really politely wondering here in public about this.

zomega, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  5. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    IF you paid by paypal you can issue a chargeback complaint through them.

soniqhost.com, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  6. R-ampage

R-ampage Banned

Best Answers:
    You do not know how hypocritical that statement sounds :rolleyes:
    I don't see how you're allowed to give your opinion about Lacehost but I'm not allowed to have mine.

Oh and at least leave your name if you're going to give negative rep ;)

R-ampage, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  7. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    the above statement reflects his 'colonial' mindset

jamuna, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  8. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:

Didn't leave you red rep dude. I always put my name on it when I do. I did red rep Lance Host, and gave the original poster green. Funny cause i got 4 red reps from this post. :p

jamuna--- Call me "master" from now on plz. lolol Just joking. What makes my beliefs that India is a pit full of scammers colonial? I'm curious.

Back on point-- Op, have you had any luck reversing the charge with your bank? I hope so.

glenndorsey, Sep 26, 2008 IP
    snowbird likes this.
  9. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Posted at 2 AM Indian time

Posted at 7 AM Indian time.

Do you expect me to reply while I sleep ?

I reiterate that the database did not exist when we backed up , & hence it was not moved. We had nothing against you during the move or before that, there is no reason why me or my technicians or my partners would remove your databases. We have much better things to do.

I am done with your accusations, you can ask your bank to chargeback your money, as you are NOT going to get a refund till you remove all support ticket details from all your posts in all forums.

I would send him the refund only if he removes all support ticket details from his posts, which is against our policies.

I have never said you deleted it, I said it is a possibility. There is also another possibility of a hacker, but you do not think so.

If you are saying We deleted it, I am sorry, but you will then NEVER get your refund, whatever your bank does. False accusations are NOT welcome at LaceHost.

$11 is not important. Following policies is important. Josh has agreed to policies while signing up & he is expected to follow them, or forget the refund.

I am still open to refunding him, if he makes sure his posts confirm to our policies.

Your other comments are unwarranted, cheap hosting is not equal to overselling & surely not unreliable.

Policies / Terms of Service are legal documents , as you do not seem to know.

He has already tried & has had no luck till now.

American mentalities ;) . Only they have the rights to freedom of speech, I guess & only they can break rules.

Getting reds isn't funny when you insult a country & its people.

India is not a pit full of scammers, as you call it. Every country has its bad elements & due to our population, the number bad elements may be high, but the percentage is low.

No, he has not had any luck, & he will not have any, till he confirms to our policies.

Ishan

ishan, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  10. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    well said ishan

jamuna, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  11. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for ur reputation comment.
    very bad word :):)
    It once again reflects colonial mindset

jamuna, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  12. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    Your post still doesnt explain why the Google cache shows the DB intact on the day of the move, and then a few days later it is gone on the new server.

Acecool, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  13. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok after reading all the post. Im slightly inclined to believe ishan here still. Acecool im not saying that you NEVER had a DB. Im just saying that lacehost didnt delete it.... Someone else deleted it or it got deleted on its own accord.

And people saying deserves a refund. if you break T&C then i dont think there is any refund.

PeoplesArcade, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  14. glendowney

glendowney Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know most people in here probably won't listen, or might go off on one, but i've being hosting with LaceHost for a couple months now, and although there's being some small problems, they've being dealt with fast and with great customer service.

Today I woke up and found my account had being suspended. Thinking the worst, especially after reading this thread t'other day I was rather annoyed, I thought that maybe my websites would have being deleted.

Anyway, I'd forgotten to pay for my hosting, and quite rightly Ishan suspended my account, explained everything (this is the first time i've had a hosting account suspended, so I was pretty worried that i'd lost all my websites).

Yes, so i'm with Ishan and LaceHost on thsi too.

Keep up the good work LaceHost :)

glendowney, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  15. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    Google cache proves that I had a database up until the last visit and the move - meaning the backup had to have been made BEFORE the last visit, meaning the database should have been including..

If this all follows, which as Google cache states it does, then the database should have been on the new server - which as Google cache shows that it was not on the new server 4 days later!

Acecool, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  16. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    Its too hard to pinpoint it. I do understand you acecool and i do see your point of view also. Even though ive been hosting with lacehost for a bit now im not trying to be biased.

Quite possibly your both right from your point of views. As in. The database was gone when it was moved. However ishan knows nothing about it and is 100% sure it isnt his fault. Which it probably isnt.

You really just have to give the benefit of the doubt to reach a verdict on both sides.

PeoplesArcade, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  17. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Josh,
    I have said there can be an external element involved, which you are not agreeing to. Or it can be an insecure script (I am not much into scripting , so I do not know if that would be possible).

You have yourself said that you had "1000 hacking attempt bans (auto by my site for people trying to inject)".

You should understand that we (LaceHost) have absolutely no reason to remove your database.

Again, for the refund , we would just need the support ticket details removed, the other posts are fine, negative or positive. The refund is NOT a problem for us , till our policies are followed.

Thank you,
    Ishan

ishan, Sep 28, 2008 IP
  18. wussadotcom

wussadotcom Banned

Best Answers:
    This thread should be close. Its becoming too far.

wussadotcom, Sep 28, 2008 IP
  19. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    This is a wise statement. Private transactions and issues should be handled privately and since the parties had already get into communication, it should be left to them to settle their issues. DP is not a platform or a mediator for such issues. Thread closed.

wisdomtool, Sep 28, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.